Where To Rent For 12 Months

nickmanchester2

Where would you suggest I look for a 12 month rental?

I can afford up to 18,000b.

Single guy in late 30's - enjoy a few nights out every week - 2 or 3.

Would go for a house if it had security - a moo bann type thing.

Want to be on songtow route to get into Pattaya

Also have a car, but dont want to haev to use it to get around.

maybe a couple of bars in walking distance.

Seems to be a lot of condos in Jomtien - how long does it take on songtow to get from Jomtien to Pattayay?

Wow dude that's a hard question to answer. There are places like that all over Pattaya and Jomtien. About 15 to 20 minutes to Pattaya from Jomtien. Dark side is cheaper but like I say how can anyone know exactly what you want when there are lieterally thousands of places available and for a lot less then 18k. Houses on the dark side are easy to find for that price and bars everywhere these days.

Wow dude that's a hard question to answer. There are places like that all over Pattaya and Jomtien. About 15 to 20 minutes to Pattaya from Jomtien. Dark side is cheaper but like I say how can anyone know exactly what you want when there are lieterally thousands of places available and for a lot less then 18k. Houses on the dark side are easy to find for that price and bars everywhere these days.

True. Start at a modest guesthouse with air for a week or two on weekly rates. in that time you scout for what you want longer term. Maybe stay in arcadia mansion? (Guesthouse). You may get a clearer picture of what you really want during your scouting

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

I once lived out in East Pattaya. Never again. Had to drive past Sukhumvit each time I wanted to go into town.

Jomtien is a good idea but it is chock full of Russians. Do you like that? I don't.

I finally decided it's best to just stay in Central Pattaya. Has everything here.

Look for an apartment in Central Pattaya VIew Talay springs to mind.

You may as well be in the centre of the action.

If you live in east Pattaya or Jomtien you will spend all your time commuting to central pattaya anyway.

True. Start at a modest guesthouse with air for a week or two on weekly rates. in that time you scout for what you want longer term. Maybe stay in arcadia mansion? (Guesthouse). You may get a clearer picture of what you really want during your scouting

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

Excellent advise. Once here, scout out the neighborhoods. I saw some places that looked really nice on the internet only to find out they were horrible in person. And in really bad locations.

Also, be aware of where the local karaoke bar is or you may be in for a late night/early morning surprise.

Many rentals are not advertised via agents, they just put a sign on the balcony, or whatever, with a phone number. That's how you'll get your best deals. Or, find a building you are interested in and walk in and talk with the local manager or look on the notice board. Many times you'll see lots of units available for rent.

Several of my visiting friends have become regulars in Diana-Oasis, Soi Bouakao. They rent new and modern studios in prime central location on Soi Bouakao . Staff reported to be very friendly. Check it out on their website. wai.gif

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

Well I have a car, so I don't mind driving now and again so distance is not that important within reason - maybe 5km from centre - but if I am out drinking, I want to be able to get a songtow or taxi back.

I have had a few people try and put me off 'the dark side' but yeah - just crossing a road cannot be that hard can it? don't they have traffic lights anywhere?! is that why people are saying 'dont live on the darkside' - the idea of a 2 - 3 bedroom place with pool does sound pretty good for the same price of a 1 bed condo in the centre. Do songtows and motorbike taxis refuse to take you to the darkside?

I will be getting a guesthouse for a week and driving around - still interested in hearing a few places - names or condo blocks, sois with houses on that are in an ok area - dark side or not - just to get me started - I dont know Pattaya at all, but want to check it out for a year.

I wouldnt recommend East Pattaya to a single guy.

What is the point?

And it is a hassle getting in and out of East Pattaya especially at certani times despite what some would have you believe.

I have a single friend who says he rarely ventures into Central Pattaya anymore. Everything he needs is nearby, and at lower prices.whistling.gif

Yes, Soi Siam Country club can be busy. But it's not that bad. Much better than Bangkok!wink.png

I wouldnt recommend East Pattaya to a single guy.

What is the point?

And it is a hassle getting in and out of East Pattaya especially at certani times despite what some would have you believe.

I have a single friend who says he rarely ventures into Central Pattaya anymore. Everything he needs is nearby, and at lower prices.whistling.gif

Yes, Soi Siam Country club can be busy. But it's not that bad. Much better than Bangkok!wink.png

Ok, i've got it! the idea... so a lot of people like the light side and a lot like the dark side to.... me I think I may like the cheap housing on the dark side and the madness of the centre of town

Thanks to poster Gone great post here http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/541955-pattayas-top-best-kept-secrets/ my idea is to rent a place on the darkside and try and get a 2800b room at Sorrayuth Mansion just off soi 6 - why not as its so cheap... i'll just lower my dark side housing budget by 2800b

Is there any free parking neat Sorrayuth Mansion for my car?

I will be getting a guesthouse for a week and driving around - still interested in hearing a few places - names or condo blocks, sois with houses on that are in an ok area - dark side or not - just to get me started - I dont know Pattaya at all, but want to check it out for a year.

Center Condo on Pattaya Klang.

Yensabai Condo on Soi Yensabai.

Diana Estate on Soi Buakhao.

All have pools and parking for your car.

• Like 1

View Talay 2 is always a good choice, on the baht bus route to Pattaya the beach is a 7-8 minute walk lots of nearby restaurants and bars, the condo has huge poool and you can rent nice double one bed unit for 16k on year contract. Perfect for single guy imho

• Like 1

South Pattaya Soi 17, Pattaya Lagoon or Suksabai villas, not on the baht bus route but 5-10 mins on a motorbike taxi to town. 3 very good local pubs, Lion Bar, Caddy Shack and Punch and Judy. Local night market and new Tesco convenience store. Close enough to the action but quiet enough to forget how close you really are. Dark side quietness and central convenience.

• Like 1

I once lived out in East Pattaya. Never again. Had to drive past Sukhumvit each time I wanted to go into town.

Jomtien is a good idea but it is chock full of Russians. Do you like that? I don't.

I finally decided it's best to just stay in Central Pattaya. Has everything here.

WOW Can you imagine having to cross a street to get into town? What next? God forbid.

Having to cross a street is not a big deal if you want the peacful (less noisy) dark side and with nicer rentals for 1/2 the cost. For 18k you can find a nice 2 or 3 bedroom with a pool I think. Like Forevermaat said (good suggestiuon) rent a guesthouse first then look around even if you rent a motorbike for 1999 baht per month it's a lot easier to get around these villages then your car would be.

Crossing a small soi is a bit different to having to get across Sukhumvit 2 or 3 times a day.......its just not worth the hassle to save a few Baht on rent