Two Monks Caught Smoking Marijuana At East Pattaya Campsite

Rimmer

Two Monks caught smoking Marijuana at East Pattaya campsite

PATTAYA:--Two monks were caught in a forest smoking Marijuana and were later removed from the monkhood. The two monks from Chaiyaphum Province in the North East of Thailand had set-up a small camp with two other monks, in woodland close to the Maprachan Reservoir in Pong Municipality. Residents reported to local government officials that an odor of Marijuana was present at the campsite and officers went to investigate and found two of the monks with a bag of Marijuana and a selection of knives. Both were taken first to the Nongprue Temple where they were officially removed from the monkhood.

Full story:http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/51182/monks-caught-smoking-marijuana-east-pattaya-campsite/

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2012-03-17

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Bummer. Guess it's ok for monks to smoke cigs and drink coffee and lipo but if they chop up some natural herbs then they get dis-robbed and brought up on drug charges and having a lethal weapon in public.

What a shame. I feel badly for them.

• Like 2

It is completely idiotic to criminalize the consumption of marijuana. Allen Ginsberg, the poet who was as well a Buddhist wrote once "Don't smoke don't smoke nicotine nicotine no / No don't smoke the official dope smoke dope dope."

Edited by Rimmer
  • Like 1

What saddens me that if the knives they were caught with had been used to chop up kaprao then all is fine but they used them to chop ganja and now they are charged with carrying a lethal weapon in public. <deleted> is that about?

Not sure why anyone is surprised.

After they were defrocked, they were just citizens and as such they not allowed to carry such knives.

Or drugs.

And as monks, they were not supposed to have those either.

They were hardly camp kitchen utensils or kitchen ingredients.

Man made booze, god made weed, what is better ?

:-)

"man made booze...."

According to the jewish/christian/muslim bed stories, their god made booze !!! At a wedding in Canaan if i remember correctly from my forced indoctrination courses.

"man made booze...."

According to the jewish/christian/muslim bed stories, their god made booze !!! At a wedding in Canaan if i remember correctly from my forced indoctrination courses.

I "think" was Jesus and not "G-D"

But if I remember correctly Jesus used to get stoned in the streets of Bethlehem. ;)

Edited by Jayman

"man made booze...."

But if I remember correctly Jesus used to get stoned in the streets of Bethlehem. wink.png

Jesus? OK. Jesus.

Sorry for that.

I remember that as a child, I used to get bad marks at school for not being able to tell the difference between the holy 3 - a father, a son and I think a pigeon.

That is why I drink real coffee now.

Not that 3 in 1 stuff.

"man made booze...."

But if I remember correctly Jesus used to get stoned in the streets of Bethlehem. wink.png

didn't pay the excise tax on the booze either.

It is completely idiotic to criminalize the consumption of marijuana. Allen Ginsberg, the poet who was as well a Buddhist wrote once "Don't smoke don't smoke nicotine nicotine no / No don't smoke the official dope smoke dope dope."

While I tend to agree with you that marijuana and alcohol should be equally treated (legalize both), the law is the law and smoking dope is illegal in most countries of this world, The Netherlands being the big exception... so you know the law, it's your decision to brake it or follow it, but don't blame the law, blame the politicians who don't change it.

While I tend to agree with you that marijuana and alcohol should be equally treated (legalize both), the law is the law and smoking dope is illegal in most countries of this world, The Netherlands being the big exception... so you know the law, it's your decision to brake it or follow it, but don't blame the law, blame the politicians who don't change it.

The laws for marijuana for nearly every country in the world didn't exist until the 1900's. For the majority of human existence marijuana was freely grown and consumed legally through out the world.

I definitely BLAME the laws, those that make the laws, and those that let the law makers make the laws. All of it is to blame. Give me the chance to vote for the repeal of said laws and I will. I'm from California and for over 15 years now the use of marijuana has been decriminalized. This is in direct conflict with the federal laws which I have no say over.

If more people were educated on not only the effects of banned substances but how laws are made then they wouldn't use the excuse "well it's illegal" as their go to excuse for everything.