Poll: Who Will Win American Idol 2012?

Jingthing

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The top ten are selected.

Who do you think will win and why?

post-37101-0-62741400-1331985246_thumb.j

OK, I'll go out on a limb and pick Phillip Phillips. But it could also easily be Jessica Sanchez or Joshua Ledet. The Korean dude Heejun I can see doing cheesy comedy movies!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jessica is the best singer and will win!

She is great but I don't see her as really unique in the pop star market. Maybe because she is so young yet, not fully baked. Ledet is amazing but the churchy thing is kind of strange. I can't see him winning unless he can shake the churchiness.

Just a hunch about why I think Phillips will win. He's got a great story. Backwater town, crappy job, loving family. He is extremely good looking. His voice and persona is very distinctive so in that sense marketable. Catchy name too, easy to remember, everything helps. Also, votes for the show come largely from the south, and he is definitely Southern. Probably, most of all, I have a feeling he hasn't shown his best yet.

Edited by Jingthing

Nope .. nothing to see here.

Move on.

.... and yet you felt the need to post about it..... ego ?

Viewing figures show that these programmes are currently in vogue. I am not their biggest fan because the production is too 'schmaltzy' - but they do turn out some talent.

Move on.

Ego ... cheesy.gif

It's funny, most people only accuse others of something that they normally would do themselves.

Actually ... I wrote a derogatory post about the contest, hit send and then had second thoughts about it because this is Jingthing's thread, and he is an institution here, so out of respect I changed my mind and deleted it.

But you can't have an empty posting, hence my message.

No ego, just a change of mind and respect for the OP.

So, on my behalf, a lack of mental discipline to post before thinking.

... though I wouldn’t accuse anyone else of that, cardholder.

• Like 1

Guilty pleasure. What can I say?

Its what happens to these guys when the TV people get their clutches on 'em that I don't like.

Just hold the auditions and pick the best half dozen...bring them back in and let us pick a winner...better all round.

'Cept for advertising revenue of course...

Just hold the auditions and pick the best half dozen...bring them back in and let us pick a winner...better all round.

Sounds like a formula for a Bar Girl competition.

Smokie, you better copyright that idea fast.

Or have they done that already?

A lot of the times it really does feel manipulated. For example, the situation with Heejun Han. He is very likable yes, has a smooth voice, but his Korean accent often comes through weirdly in his singing and he doesn't have the really cute look for a Korean boy band pop star. He is mildly funny, but he's not that funny, and it's not a comedy competition anyway. Yet the show started covering him closely very early so you knew the judges were going to carry him as long as they could, which they did. Then the last show his singing was definitely the worst and he didn't even get in the bottom three. I am entertained by watching him too, but ...

Move on.

Ego ... cheesy.gif

It's funny, most people only accuse others of something that they normally would do themselves.

Actually ... I wrote a derogatory post about the contest, hit send and then had second thoughts about it because this is Jingthing's thread, and he is an institution here, so out of respect I changed my mind and deleted it.

But you can't have an empty posting, hence my message.

... though I wouldn’t accuse anyone else of that, cardholder.

smile.png - I find that a lack of mental discipline is a prerequisite for ALL of my posts !

Edited by cardholder
  • Like 1

Nothing wrong with a little guilty pleasure I say licklips.gif

Be a bit boring if we all liked the same thing.

And a bit competitive if we all liked the same girl!

I think you will find that Jingthing was probably an Adam Lambert fan wink.png

Nothing wrong with a little guilty pleasure I say licklips.gif

Be a bit boring if we all liked the same thing.

And a bit competitive if we all liked the same girl!

I think you will find that Jingthing was probably an Adam Lambert fan wink.png

I get why you would think that, but actually, not particularly.

smile.png - I find that a lack of mental discipline is a prerequisite for ALL of my posts !

I can respect a reply like that ... thumbsup.gif

So many misunderstandings here end up as WW3

Let's have a drink at the Pub ... my first shout ... drunk.gif

• Like 1

OK, Erika Van Pelt has been booted.

Heejun Han gave an amazingly bad performance and was very lucky to sneak through. Can't see how he can last much longer unless it's just a demographic thing with the "Asian" vote.

Colton Dixon is rising.

Phillip Phillips is now more of an underdog.

Joshua Ledet stumbled a bit.

Jessica Sanchez is now looking more like it's hers to lose.

OK, so nobody cares, so what?

Anyway, here's the update.

As sort of predicted, this week Heejun Han was booted.

Sort of a shame as he's fun to watch and his performance this week was much improved.

However, here's another prediction. He's close but no cigar. He shouldn't quit his day job, basically. Yes, he could be the King of Korean American wedding singers but, he's the wrong persona for Las Vegas crooner, he's too dorky and a bit too mature to be an Asian pop boy band type, he's only mildly funny, and it's hard to imagine that he can act. I hope I'm wrong though.

Phillip Phillips had a great week, back in the top tier. He's already a star and will definitely have a career, the only question is how big. Bye bye backwater pawn shop. (And so handsome, OMG.)

Of the rest, basically most of them could go next week if they give a poor show. Sanchez, Phillips, Ledet, and Dixon are probably safe for awhile even if they have a bad week.

The judges seem to think Elise Testone has risen. I don't see it. I also think Dixon is overinflated.

Edited by Jingthing

I just looked her background up. Not to be crass, but demographics do matter in the voting. She's Mexican/Filipina mix. She's definitely a major talent and will also have a career for sure.

A Jessica - Phillip final duel is probably what the audience wants to see this season.

Edited by Jingthing

I just looked her background up. Not to be crass, but demographics do matter in the voting. She's Mexican/Filipina mix. She's definitely a major talent and will also have a career for sure.

A Jessica - Phillip final duel is probably what the audience wants to see this season.

They say teen aged girls vote the most so a guy will probably win. My wife is a Scotty (from prior year) fan and enjoyed to hear him again sing last night.

However, I think Jessica Sanchez is an incredible talent and might have a chance to win if the teenage girls give her shot. She is only sixteen too, so hopefully I'll be hearing more her sing for a long time.

With such a high proportion of USA demographic having a Hispanic background (true?) I can imagine why she would appeal .. plus she looks hot.

The only time I every looked at one of the singers from that style of show was form the UK X-Factor a few years ago with a song and rendition which still appeals today ...

Sorry guys, for some reason it won't play here, but click the watch on YouTube message and it will open in a new window.

EDIT: my crap spelling ... again

Edited by David48

OK, this week revealed more shifts.

Ledet did the best, Testone did the worst (big drop from last week), and long curly haired pretty falsetto boy Brackensick (stage name from hell?!?) who did fine, got the axe. Phillips did well but didn't wow, and Sanchez did better than well, but it wasn't her best. Laine coming on strong. Based on this week it looks like Ledet and Sanchez at the top, but I still suspect Phillips is saving his best for the endgame.

The latest two rejects:

post-37101-0-29357000-1333736536_thumb.j

Highlight of the week, Joshua Ledet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmIqizYR3Rg

Edited by Jingthing