Poll: Who Will Win American Idol 2012?

Jingthing

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Cant stand Phillip Phillips....

That reaction is understandable.

I want to expand on that a bit.

PP is distinctive and he does have an identifiable, kind of folksy alternative character.

Does Bob Dylan sing badly? Yes he does but badly beautiful. Many people understandably find his music grating.

Of course PP sings well and he's not Bob Dylan I hope you get my point. PP will indeed write his own songs (and/or get good help) and with his very distinctive style, he does indeed have lots of potential. And many people will always be annoyed by him as well.

Going down to the line here, the majority of votes is predicting Jessica Sanchez as the winner!

Edited by Jingthing

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Tyler told Phillips that he could be the new Springsteen.

Jessica is my favorite, but I'm partial to good looking sexy young Filipinas, which doesn't count in this competition. sad.png

Intrade.com has an incredible track record of accuracy. Barring any completely unpredictable circumstance, it looks like the handwriting is on the walls . . .

post-53404-0-41164900-1337452221_thumb.j

http://intrade.com/v.../?eventId=91456

I don't know anymore. Haven't too many dudes won in recent years?

Phillips is interesting to me because he is so All American and a super individualist but not in a rednecky way like last years country boy. He's very southern but he's also got an intriguing edge to him.

Why were they advertising Jessica as the first Filipina & Philips the Small town Hero from some town USA. I thought it didn't matter what your background was.

It does make it come across as prejudice.The ad came on after last nights show was finished & voting was open.

That's a little too PC for me. Of course people notice ethnicity. Isn't Jessica half Mexican/half Filipino anyway?

So Phillip Phillips won as I predicted way back. Good for him. It's a little hollow for me because I now really think Joshua Ledet really deserved to win.

But PP's Home song was indeed really something, a definite "goosie" moment. OMG, shoot me now, I said goosie.

Edited by Jingthing

Funny, after reading this blog, I have to agree with a lot of it.

I still think Ledet won on the competition part of it.

But in the finale performances, Ledet was kind of bad.

And Jessica Sanchez was really amazing in the duet:

Jessica proved that on her “And I Am Telling You…” duet with its original singer, Jennifer Holliday, in a performance that probably had a lot of people wishing they could take back their Phillip votes. You guys, this performance, what can we even say about it?! A 16-year-old has NO BUSINESS holding her own with a legendary power singer like that. It was the impressive spectacle we knew she was capable of, and exactly what she was missing on Tuesday night (May 22).

But it was already over.

This is probably true too, but heck, the show is still good fun:

By this reality singing competition’s eleventh season, let’s all just admit that the “crowd-sourcing our stars” experiment has officially failed.
http://idolator.com/...s-american-idol

Yes in the after win video, Phillips broke down and stopped the song midway which was probably spontaneous but would have been a brilliant planned move, as people will be talking about it. You have to watch the actual competition song to see how well he did with it.

Edited by Jingthing

"Why were they advertising Jessica as the first Filipina"

Jessica wasn't the first Filipina - Season 3 had Jasmine Trias, who went on to a big career in the Philippines and is now performing in Las Vegas -- also same year, Camille Velasco

http://www.americani...stants/season3/

"let’s all just admit that the 'crowd-sourcing our stars' experiment has officially failed"

132 million votes in the finale! -- That's almost more votes than a U.S. presidential election (of course, many would agree that endeavor failed also . . . laugh.png )

• Like 1

Jessica wasn't the first Filipina - Season 3 had Jasmine Trias, who went on to a big career in the Philippines and is now performing in Las Vegas -- also same year, Camille Velasco

Well that's what the adverts were saying "The first Filipina ".

The funny thing is Jessica & Joshua will go on to greater things. In my mind , they are the winners.

Well that's what the adverts were saying "The first Filipina ".

The funny thing is Jessica & Joshua will go on to greater things. In my mind , they are the winners.

Most likely they meant first Pinoy in the FINALE of two. Ms. Jasmine placed third and was not in the the finale during her year.

I agree Jessica and Joshua may both be stars, more likely Jessica, but Phillips also has a shot IF his original songs hit the spot. Let's face a lot of the ex-Idolites have careers, but minor ones. Not many become really big stars. But always possible.

Joshua better watch it though. There was that one song in the finale extravaganza where he was really off. That isn't professional. He'll need a director or something to keep him with the program.

Edited by Jingthing

• 2 weeks later...

maybe Jingthing would like to start a thread for Britains Got Talent.

In any event you should see the 17 tear old opera singer Jonathan Antoine (find other/better Youtube links for earlier performances) and the haunting voice of Sam Kelly.

OK, I did watch this show and was happy to enjoy Simon Cowell again. Do miss him. Yes, Jonathan is fantastic. Shouldn't he just go into opera, and sorry he's got to lose some weight, it's not healthy. He lost to a DOG! I think it was fat discrimination. For the longest time I thought the dog's name was Pussy, which is a funny name for male DOG. Sam Kelly is good but not real excited by him. The Welsh rarebit choir, who understands that?

My favorite by far: THE LOVEABLE ROGUES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK4YE1fsUgA

Edited by Jingthing

maybe Jingthing would like to start a thread for Britains Got Talent.

In any event you should see the 17 tear old opera singer Jonathan Antoine (find other/better Youtube links for earlier performances) and the haunting voice of Sam Kelly.

OK, I did watch this show and was happy to enjoy Simon Cowell again. Do miss him. Yes, Jonathan is fantastic. Shouldn't he just go into opera, and sorry he's got to lose some weight, it's not healthy. He lost to a DOG! I think it was fat discrimination. For the longest time I thought the dog's name was Pussy, which is a funny name for male DOG. Sam Kelly is good but not real excited by him. The Welsh rarebit choir, who understands that?

My favorite by far: THE LOVEABLE ROGUES!

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK4YE1fsUgA[/media]

The Mend are worth watching:-

How long does this contest go for?

JT, you started this thread months ago ... I remember, because cardholder and I had a dust-up, then realized that it was much to do about nothing, had a beer and moved on.