Chalerm Wants Drug Runners Executed Faster

Lite Beer

Yo everybody,

This is not about Charelm.

This is about drugs and Thailand.

These people are scum and prey off the poor.

We are better off without them !

The people you are talking about are the poor who are employed as mules. Notice how the big fish never get caught.

Whatever.

If they are in it, they are in it.

The poor that I am talking about are the ones who take the crap and would be much better off if it was NOT available !

When will people learn? The war on drugs is stupid and doesn't stop pushers or users. It just fills the jails and the pockets of the elite. Such a shame.

Exactly.

Just fills jails.

Death penalty would solve that one in a flash !

What a sad little man this is, Who gave him the right to take anyone's life on this Planet?

It is about time all these so called HiSo elite were put in prison for crimes against humanity

I understand the full drugs issue but that is what the legal system and courts are for...not some egotist who wants to pleasure his master

Thailand you have no hope with people like this & to think this person was almost PM ???????? jerk.gif

Sad little man or not, the sooner the death penalty for proven drug traffickers is enforced, the sooner it will slow the trade down. It also cancels completely the possibility of re-offending. Frees up jail space, and will be a deterrent to all but the most serious criminals or the most serious idiots ('nuff said). som num na smile.png

Exactly !

Quick execution on convicted criminal? We don't mind but what worrying is how the investigation are being carry out? Transparent and fair? I am not sure but it seems i read alot from many forums or even youtube that those goes to court are ask to plead guilty or their length of investigation will have to detain you longer than your eventual sentence or worst, you might be end up with the death penalty. jap.gif

In short, is everyone given a fair trial??

Yo everybody, This is not about Charelm. This is about drugs and Thailand.

These people are scum and prey off the poor. We are better off without them !

That describes Chalerm, well done.

Chalerm is like Jimmy Swaggart, the Bible thumping American preacher who continually harangued against moral decay while in the pulpit. Concurrently, Swaggart was getting drunk and visiting prostitutes every chance he got. I'm not saying Chalerm visits prostitutes (though if he's like 90% of married Thai men, he has a mia noi), but.......

The point is the hyper hypocrasy of leading an inquisition against drug dealers while imbibbing in the #1 most harmful drug himself. There are a slew of reasons why drugs should be legalized, but it's more self-aggrandizing to stand on a pedestal and act tough against dealers of certain types of drugs (which, btw, aren't as harmful overall as pharma drugs or alcoholic drinks).

Yo everybody,

The people you are talking about are the poor who are employed as mules. Notice how the big fish never get caught.

Whatever.

If they are in it, they are in it.

The poor that I am talking about are the ones who take the crap and would be much better off if it was NOT available !

Show me a country where drugs are not available? Lets be realistic here.

Thailand shares a very long and leaky border with Myanmar, aside of doing a fair job of producing its own drugs. If the government is serious about reducing drugs it is going to have to tackle corruption in its border agencies, police force and army and more than likely at the political level too. What are the chances of that?

Killing people is ineffective popularist crap, treating the symptoms rather than the cause of the disease.

There is no such country.

Agreed, tackle corruption.

Chances, unfortunately slim.

One can only hope and do what one can.

Killing people works.

Look at Singapore.

Or Texas.

Less crime due to fear of death.

As well as less cost to the population keeping them in bed and food.

If you were thinking about getting involved in something, would you think twice if the penalty was death ?

I sure would.

And I think that any sane person would too.

• Like 2

Kill them fast before they are able to tell someone who is the boss?????

Exactly!! before they have a chance to appeal and rat out the Mr. Bigs up the food chain for a lighter sentence or a reversal of verdict. It's called the system covering its own back. Silence and close down the information source and chain which would really start to impact the drug trade if they wanted to.

When will people learn? The war on drugs is stupid and doesn't stop pushers or users. It just fills the jails and the pockets of the elite. Such a shame.

Exactly.

Just fills jails.

Death penalty would solve that one in a flash !

Death penalty would solve Bangkok gridlock in a flash also. Good idea!

• Like 1

Kill them fast before they are able to tell someone who is the boss?????

Exactly!! before they have a chance to appeal and rat out the Mr. Bigs up the food chain for a lighter sentence or a reversal of verdict. It's called the system covering its own back. Silence and close down the information source and chain which would really start to impact the drug trade if they wanted to.

30 days is plenty of time to talk a lot !

There is no such country.

Agreed, tackle corruption.

Chances, unfortunately slim.

One can only hope and do what one can.

Killing people works.

Look at Singapore.

Or Texas.

Less crime due to fear of death.

As well as less cost to the population keeping them in bed and food.

If you were thinking about getting involved in something, would you think twice if the penalty was death ?

I sure would.

And I think that any sane person would too.

Funny you'd mention Singapore, the country where people are free and happy. So what other crimes should have death sentence, if it is such a great option? Human trafficking? Corruption? Smuggling rice? It is extremely easy to just say, "let's just kill them and the problem is solved".

• Like 1

I'd rather see the implementation of sentences for criminal politicians sped up.

...and the theme of the next session in parliament is: "Dead men walking"

I just had a weird vision of "Mr. Clean & Sober" in a press conference pointing at doctors, pharmacists, BIB and influencial people for being behind all this. But then I woke up sweating.

Edited by TackyToo

Here we go. More dog whistle politics. Thaksin is known for his anti-drug dealer campaign years ago when many drug dealers were summarily executed. A Thaksin calling card. So now Chalerm wants to sound off as an echo of his master's voice and cement his position in the hierarchy. In practice his idea is just gibberish as he is effectively proposing that legal recourse procedures are removed from a certain category of criminal. Can't do sunshine. Just exposes his lack of understanding and appreciation of the law. Not that he has the slightest interest other than usurping the judiciary until they bend to Thaksin. Now that's the longer game.

• Like 1

If people want a fair trial, set up a special Drugs Court that swiftly deals with drug crimes and the appeals process.

Hopefully rather than years, we can get the entire trial complete in months and then move to the 30-day window.

Yo everybody,

This is about Chalerm because it is proof that the real players can buy their way out while the little people take the punishment. Even the death penalty is not going to stop a multi billion dollar industry because the temptation for vast profit is too great. I also pity you people who seem to think that executing some poor sod who is probably up to his/her eyeballs in debt and thought that delivering a packet for the nice mafia man would solve their problem.

PS as for your comments on Singapore I don't think Amnesty agree with you:

"But drug addiction was still a problem, Amnesty said, adding that there was "no convincing evidence" high execution rates had curbed drug use in Singapore. "

Edited by sysardman
  • Like 2

Yo everybody,

This is about Chalerm because it is proof that the real players can buy their way out while the little people take the punishment. Even the death penalty is not going to stop a multi billion dollar industry because the temptation for vast profit is too great. I also pity you people who seem to think that executing some poor sod who is probably up to his/her eyeballs in debt and thought that delivering a packet for the nice mafia man would solve their problem.

PS as for your comments on Singapore I don't think Amnesty agree with you:

"But drug addiction was still a problem, Amnesty said, adding that there was "no convincing evidence" high execution rates had curbed drug use in Singapore. "

Not to mention this vile being and his sons are the mafia or the equivalent. This man cowardly fled to scandinavia in the 80's to avoid showing the reasons for his dishonestly obtained money. That was only the beginning. This is a silly show to divert the majority's attention away from the many more pressing issues (that he and his cronies fail to do anything about).

I guess this same rule should not apply to cop killers. It is funny that mister tough on crime has a son who is a cop killer. How is that punishment working out for him? Ohh that is right Daddy plays by the double standard rule. There are rules for the non "elites" and "elites".

Very true!! Chalerm is a shame for the country.

An example of Thai drug law justice:

9 persons in a truck, 8 paying fuel costs for a ride to BKK. Stopped by BIB and searched and a bag of ya ba pills found. All deny any knowledge or ownership. 8 found guilty of possession despite lack of finger-print evidence, sentenced to 12 years EACH. Driver doesn't face court.

The obvious answer to such miscarriages of justice - kill them quickly.

Is there a reason nobody on the truck knew who owned the tablets? Did they belong to anybody on the truck?,did this person refuse to own up to save the others? Did the others refuse to 'finger' the culprit?......you give the bones of a story and expect us to accept it was a travesty of justice....may well be the case

Guilt by association is often utilised in the forum........hard to take sometimes isn't it?

9 persons in a truck, 8 paying fuel costs for a ride to BKK. Stopped by BIB and searched and a bag of ya ba pills found. All deny any knowledge or ownership. 8 found guilty of possession despite lack of finger-print evidence, sentenced to 12 years EACH. Driver doesn't face court.

Is there a reason nobody on the truck knew who owned the tablets? Did they belong to anybody on the truck?,did this person refuse to own up to save the others? Did the others refuse to 'finger' the culprit?......you give the bones of a story and expect us to accept it was a travesty of justice....may well be the case

Guilt by association is often utilised in the forum........hard to take sometimes isn't it?

Well that's all there is, people poor enough to ride in the back of a pick-up to save some of the bus-fare get shafted,and the driver walks. I don't know why, but can guess. The 2 that I know lost over 8 years of their life, all their assets, and destroyed their young family.

And it has SFA to do with those too stupid to walk away when others in their protest start shooting at authorities. Do you know god's gift to the stupid - they don't know how stupid they are. Be thankful.

Well that's all there is, people poor enough to ride in the back of a pick-up to save some of the bus-fare get shafted,and the driver walks. I don't know why, but can guess. The 2 that I know lost over 8 years of their life, all their assets, and destroyed their young family.

And it has SFA to do with those too stupid to walk away when others in their protest start shooting at authorities. Do you know god's gift to the stupid - they don't know how stupid they are. Be thankful.

I was actually thinking of how the protest deaths are being laid at the door of Abhisit, because he was 'in charge' the same as the people here who berate Chalerm for the actions of his son.......guilt by association......is a fine line sometimes

I was actually thinking of how the protest deaths are being laid at the door of Abhisit, because he was 'in charge' the same as the people here who berate Chalerm for the actions of his son.......guilt by association......is a fine line sometimes

Most of it lay blame where it is due. The protest deaths go directly to the man who paid for them. Chalerm is guilty of using his position to pervert the course of justice. Neither is guilt by association.

What does either have to do with the current topic?

• Like 1