Samsung Galaxy Mini Mobile Phone - Great Buy

UbonOz

I bought a Nokia touch/slide mobile less than a year ago and hated it.

I really only wanted a mobile as the wife and I both have an iPad2 and she also has an iPhone4, I did not want to spend the baht on an iPhone.

Did some research on Samsung and went and looked in the shops the other day.

I decided to buy the Samsung Galaxy Mini for THB4800.

I was totally surpirsed that the apps it has, internet is good, it is all and more for what I need.

My iPad2 is great for everday use as it has the larger screen. The Samsung Galaxy Mini is great when you go out and about without having to hump and iPad around.

Anybody looking for a new mobile phone, check the Samsung range, not big bucks.

I'm curious, does the Samsung Mini use a standard earphone jack or a proprietary mini-USB? I bought a Samsung touch phone last year and the earbuds provided were terrible. When I tried to replace them with better quality ones, I found that other brands mini-USB connectors didn't work;..Samsung used a unique Mini-USB connector and only that one would work. I eventually cut the original earbuds off and spliced better ones on to the Samsung connector. That worked but I could never get the music volume loud enough to clearly hear music over airplane noise.

I'm curious, does the Samsung Mini use a standard earphone jack or a proprietary mini-USB? I bought a Samsung touch phone last year and the earbuds provided were terrible. When I tried to replace them with better quality ones, I found that other brands mini-USB connectors didn't work;..Samsung used a unique Mini-USB connector and only that one would work. I eventually cut the original earbuds off and spliced better ones on to the Samsung connector. That worked but I could never get the music volume loud enough to clearly hear music over airplane noise.

All the sets of plugs I have, Apple, Nokia etc all fit in the Samsung Mini. 3.5mm jack I think they are.

Have not downloaded any music yet as I have an iPod with all my music, probably will not bother downloading to the phone.

I only wanted a decent mobile phone, I have too many toys.

If its the same galaxy mini I had before I got the iPhone it uses a standard jack.

www.samsung.com/galaxyace/mini_overview.html

Agree with the OP it's a clever little phone and is excellent value for money.

Edited by GooEng

but can it run decent apps/games?

It does everything I want. Has loads of apps.

Go look and see, it is very good.

Should have mentioned, check their website for apps.

you should also mention that the screen resolution is terrible and pretty useless for playing anything but the simplest games. there are better phones on the market for similar prices. the step blade or the wellcom a90 spring to mind.