Alleged Australian Drug Kingpin Hiding In Thailand

Buchholz

Alleged drug kingpin hiding in Thailand

THE alleged kingpin of one of SA's largest drug-trafficking networks has skipped bail and is hiding in Thailand.

Robert Gordon Gee, 54, fled Australia after learning one of his co-accused had provided police with a statement detailing his alleged role in the syndicate.

While Gee was on bail awaiting trial on 11 drug charges, including taking part in the sale of cocaine and meth-amphetamines, his bail conditions did not include surrendering his passport.

Continues:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/alleged-drug-kingpin-hiding-in-thailand/story-e6frea6u-1226302652846

Sunday Mail (South Australia) - March 18, 2012

From South Australia CrimeStoppers

http://www.sa.crimestoppers.com.au/cs/unsolved_crimes/wanted_persons.jsp

gee_robert_image.jpg

Robert Gordon GEE

DOB: 21 November 1958

Age - 53 years

Height - 177cms (5'10")

Build / Weight - Heavy / 100kgs

Eyes - Blue

Hair - Grey/Straight

Complexion - Ruddy

GEE's last known address is Petersham in New South Wales and he is wanted for -

Drug offences

GEE is wanted by police and should not be approached under any circumstances

why do police never think to take the passports of people in western countries when they get bailed for a major crime ?

would it not just be common sense and save millions for the police to not have to look for fugitives on the other side of the world

speaking languages they cant understand trying to figure out where they went after their flight landed ?

theres one of these cases nearly every week and they stil havent caught on that people wil run rather than go to prison forever if they

have that option left open to them

why do police never think to take the passports of people in western countries when they get bailed for a major crime ?

would it not just be common sense and save millions for the police to not have to look for fugitives on the other side of the world

speaking languages they cant understand trying to figure out where they went after their flight landed ?

theres one of these cases nearly every week and they stil havent caught on that people wil run rather than go to prison forever if they

I'd probably head to Iran or North Korea if I was in that much trouble. blink.png

probably has booked already for a plastic operation for tomorrow.

there is always a matter of a valid visa, sooner or later he will be found

The investigators always check those places. Wonder if any do surgery on themselves. That'd be pretty slick.

Depending on how he left Australia, I would expect he has a "fake" passport and has received a 15 or 30 day tourist visa upon entry. I wouldn't expect he lacks for monetary resources.

Now if facial recognition software was in use, and had been transmitted to Thailand, they might have caught him at the airport.

I'd probably head to Iran or North Korea if I was in that much trouble. blink.png

Dubai??

Contact lenses and hair dye for starters. The coppers should check for him running up and down Pattaya beach road trying to lose a few kg.

Add a full beard and some tattoos!

probably has booked already for a plastic operation for tomorrow.

there is always a matter of a valid visa, sooner or later he will be found

The investigators always check those places. Wonder if any do surgery on themselves. That'd be pretty slick.

~ 15 yrs ago a nasty bunch in Taiwan (bank robbers) raided a cosmetic shop, ordered surgery, then killed doc & nurses after it was done. Maybe still on the loose.

From South Australia CrimeStoppers

http://www.sa.crimes...ted_persons.jsp

gee_robert_image.jpg

Robert Gordon GEE

DOB: 21 November 1958

Age - 53 years

Height - 177cms (5'10")

Build / Weight - Heavy / 100kgs

Eyes - Blue

Hair - Grey/Straight

Complexion - Ruddy

GEE's last known address is Petersham in New South Wales and he is wanted for -

Drug offences

GEE is wanted by police and should not be approached under any circumstances

Crikey! That bloke has in built camouflage for the bar scene in Thailand!

• Like 1

Depending on how he left Australia, I would expect he has a "fake" passport and has received a 15 or 30 day tourist visa upon entry. I wouldn't expect he lacks for monetary resources.

Now if facial recognition software was in use, and had been transmitted to Thailand, they might have caught him at the airport.

He didn't have to surrender his passport as part of his bail conditions, so he could have travelled freely on that. No need for a fake.

I think you mean why don't the courts take the passports. The police would ask for the bail conditions but then it is up to the courts to impose what they think is fair. If you know the Australian judicial system it is geared up in favour of the criminal element.

He didn't have to surrender his passport as part of his bail conditions, so he could have travelled freely on that. No need for a fake.

Maybe, generally when someone is bailed like this a PACE alert is also set by the police.

Dubai??

Yeah right - there is always one like you.

PS. In Dubai that drugdealer might run into someone who has a remedy against drugdealers.

Contact lenses and hair dye for starters. The coppers should check for him running up and down Pattaya beach road trying to lose a few kg.

Add a full beard and some tattoos!

What about changing him into a third gender? No, not a great idea though.......jap.gif

Stick his face up on that big screen just before Walking Street in Pattaya with a reward of 100k baht. If he is in town or has been in town, the police will receive a phone call before sundown.

All that would do is have every Thai motocy rider in town dragging happless over-50 farangs down to the cop shop, thinking they had just won the lotto.

I think you mean why don't the courts take the passports. The police would ask for the bail conditions but then it is up to the courts to impose what they think is fair. If you know the Australian judicial system it is geared up in favour of the criminal element.

very very true ...remember cristofer skase ...the court took his passport off of him ..but a pollie ...minister of foreign affairs gave it back to him ...result 20 000 aussies financially wiped out no recourse legally after he shot thru to sunny spain ....i was one of them ...eight grand it hurt and still does ..