Is There An Electrical Code In Thailand, Residential?

don't laugh, its a serious question. sure i know no one follows a code even if there was one, but i want to know because my builder is connecting wires together using only electrical tape. i told him i wanted the wire nut things which are code in the US i think. he said i have to buy them my self, not included!

its only a few baht so i don't mind buying them but would like to know if there is a code that specifies they should be used?

Ah, the search for the Holy Grail.

Over the years the combined efforts of the Thaivisa detectives have failed to find a DOMESTIC code, the available industrial codes just don't apply and, as you observe, would be ignored anyway.

I gave my sparks detailed directions as to what was acceptable and what was not, and also ensured that he knew what would happen if I found any taped joints. Wiring is still at a very early stage, we shall see if he remembers.

There is no Thai Industrial Standard (TIS) for electrical wiring for electrical installations in Thailand.

A number of work practices originate from the US National Electrical Code (NEC) but some from the IEC when convenient. The PEA/MEA has some guidlines for a simple electrical installation.

γ€€

Edited by electau