Disneyland Park Construction Plot Proposed In Thailand To Draw Tourists

webfact

No way, man!. Don't corrupt the Thai's with the rat.ph34r.png

Maybe Minnie Mouse will end up in Pataya clap2.gif !!!

I bet she can turn some great tricks with those big ears. rolleyes.gif

With ears that size she could easily hear you coming.

No one could give her a earful. rolleyes.gif

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. If they run true to form, the disney land park would be built on Shinawatra owned land ??

The new Thai Parliment building should be build within Disney Park.

And they won't need to look far for all the clowns and cartoon characters.

People in Canada are forced to drive three days cooped up in a small car with screaming children each year to visit Disney World. Women and children love the mouse. Thai women love the mouse. I got in a major argument with my normally sane Thai GF about the mouse in Japan and a vacation. I kept telling her, “I am an American for god sake I know all about Disney, I had to take my kids for 10 years at least once a year.” She said, “you don’t understand Thai women, they like the mouse.”

Thai people are easy to influence (see Phibun, The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand)

Thai politicians are not too good at long term thought (see WW II).

Disney and the CIA could completely change Thailand. CIA is not bright enough to think of this idea itself but Disney could suggest it.

Never been to disney Land and never had the urge to go, can't see anything changing. I went to dreamworld once in Australia and within 10 minutes I was bored shitless and couldn't wait to get out of there I hate these places that attract bogans.

Let me guess. If they run true to form, the disney land park would be built on Shinawatra owned land ??

The new Thai Parliment building should be build within Disney Park.

And they won't need to look far for all the clowns and cartoon characters.

People in Canada are forced to drive three days cooped up in a small car with screaming children each year to visit Disney World. Women and children love the mouse. Thai women love the mouse. I got in a major argument with my normally sane Thai GF about the mouse in Japan and a vacation. I kept telling her, “I am an American for god sake I know all about Disney, I had to take my kids for 10 years at least once a year.” She said, “you don’t understand Thai women, they like the mouse.”

Thai people are easy to influence (see Phibun, The Fascist Leader That Shaped Modern Thailand)

Thai politicians are not too good at long term thought (see WW II).

Disney and the CIA could completely change Thailand. CIA is not bright enough to think of this idea itself but Disney could suggest it.

Thanks for the warning, strike Canada off the list of places to live. The place sounds brutal.

(just kidding)

George, Guys don't like the mouse. It's the wife and kids. Consider yourself lucky that the word of mouth advertising has not hit your family. Although I must admit Disney does know how to run hotels and they are not bad. Send the family on the rides and get drunk in the pool looking at the ladies in bikinis. It's not Pattaya but it works for Florida. I don't know what bogans are but I would imagine there are lots on TV.

A water sports park (or several) on the flood plains would be better. They could have log flumes too. Canoeing, rafting, wading, waddling, hunt the escaped crocodile and so much more.

Blizzard beach, Typhoon lagoon! You were not aware Disney had water theme parks?

No Walt Disney World vacation is complete without a visit to the exciting Disney Water Parks! From serene to extreme, there's an experience for everyone at these 2 distinctive parks—including thrill rides, chill rides, family-style rides, relaxing lounge areas and so much more.

And what nationality would such a park be aimed at, Russians?, English, German?, etc. etc. virtually all of the shows, animations and the like would probably be in Thai, can you imagine an English, Russian or German family sitting through a show that was in Thai and they couldn't understand a word? Some Dutch friends once took me to Eftaling, which is a big theme park in Holland, everything was in Dutch as one would expect, and I was taken to several 'shows' and I was at a loss to understand what was being said. Its not possible unless you provide everyone with headphones to cope with a multiple of laguages, the whole idea is a none starter.

What about all the tourists that go to

Disneyland Tokyo that can't speak Japanese

Disneyland France that can't speak French

Disneyland Hong Kong that can't speak Chinese

Disneyland USA (X2) that can't speak English

Not to mention other theme parks around the world.

Its an interesting discussion... yes not all employees of The Disneyland places you quote are fluent in English but certainly a higher degree than what you have in Thailand especially amongst the socio-economic class in Thailand that would probably be getting jobs as ride attendants etc. In fact Thailand's lack of english language issue has been identified as a major issue in Asia 2015 trade goal agreement and even Thai politicians in a moment of remarkable clarity have acknowledged this.

The best example I can give of this is the large AOT sign as you exit Chiang Mai airport.. it shows a group of presumably AoT employees standing together and heading is " walking together to blah blah blah".

While walking together could possibly fit although slightly non applicable to a group of employees clearly standing around as they are, i have it on very good authority that the sign was supposed to read " Working together".. and this is from the folks who manage the airports.. the sign maker who shall remain nameless is a family associate of a high level administrator at CM airport and had only done small signs in Thai before this contract landed in their lap.

So a Disneyland in Thailand could be a good laugh with a range of new names for well known characters.. come see hilarity Elmer Fuse , sigh as Bombi the dear makes it home, the Taswaniain antichrist is good for a giggle, Cinbredella and the 7 stunted perform for you, golfy makes a booboo again, daftee duck.. can he ever get a head... minny and miky mice the stars of our park and roadblazer ctaches the tricky ciyoteee again. Were walking hard to make you mirfful.

If Mathayom 1 level English is good enough for the Prime Minister then it should be good enough for Mickey Mouse

One source of Thai ladies to act as guides or disseminate information and who have a reasonable English vocabulary would be ladies who have worked the bar scene for a minimum of two years. Some may well jump at the chance to turn their lives around and/or find a suitable farang (or two) to hook on to.

Just musing as the coffee gets to work.

And what nationality would such a park be aimed at, Russians?, English, German?, etc. etc. virtually all of the shows, animations and the like would probably be in Thai, can you imagine an English, Russian or German family sitting through a show that was in Thai and they couldn't understand a word? Some Dutch friends once took me to Eftaling, which is a big theme park in Holland, everything was in Dutch as one would expect, and I was taken to several 'shows' and I was at a loss to understand what was being said. Its not possible unless you provide everyone with headphones to cope with a multiple of laguages, the whole idea is a none starter.

What about all the tourists that go to

Disneyland Tokyo that can't speak Japanese

Disneyland France that can't speak French

Disneyland Hong Kong that can't speak Chinese

Disneyland USA (X2) that can't speak English

Not to mention other theme parks around the world.

Its an interesting discussion... yes not all employees of The Disneyland places you quote are fluent in English but certainly a higher degree than what you have in Thailand especially amongst the socio-economic class in Thailand that would probably be getting jobs as ride attendants etc. In fact Thailand's lack of english language issue has been identified as a major issue in Asia 2015 trade goal agreement and even Thai politicians in a moment of remarkable clarity have acknowledged this.

The best example I can give of this is the large AOT sign as you exit Chiang Mai airport.. it shows a group of presumably AoT employees standing together and heading is " walking together to blah blah blah".

While walking together could possibly fit although slightly non applicable to a group of employees clearly standing around as they are, i have it on very good authority that the sign was supposed to read " Working together".. and this is from the folks who manage the airports.. the sign maker who shall remain nameless is a family associate of a high level administrator at CM airport and had only done small signs in Thai before this contract landed in their lap.

So a Disneyland in Thailand could be a good laugh with a range of new names for well known characters.. come see hilarity Elmer Fuse , sigh as Bombi the dear makes it home, the Taswaniain antichrist is good for a giggle, Cinbredella and the 7 stunted perform for you, golfy makes a booboo again, daftee duck.. can he ever get a head... minny and miky mice the stars of our park and roadblazer ctaches the tricky ciyoteee again. Were walking hard to make you mirfful.

If Mathayom 1 level English is good enough for the Prime Minister then it should be good enough for Mickey Mouse

One source of Thai ladies to act as guides or disseminate information and who have a reasonable English vocabulary would be ladies who have worked the bar scene for a minimum of two years. Some may well jump at the chance to turn their lives around and/or find a suitable farang (or two) to hook on to.

Just musing as the coffee gets to work.

Stupid idea. Tourists don't come to Thailand for such attractions as there are better and bigger ones in Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore.

However, ATTA and TAT are two different bodies. ATTA is a private organisation, consisting of (inbound) agents who are basically ground operators / service providers.

The Disneyland in HK is tiny by Disney standards, a disappointing experience, and has often been running in the red. I am unaware of one in Macau. Is there one in Singapore?

The Tokyo Disney Sea model has instead proven to be the winner. Bigger is better. Build something that people just can’t stay away from and they won’t.

You mean Soi Cowboy, Soi 6, Walking Street lookalikes? giggle.gif

Sorry but Disney doesn't do it for me, not even when I was a kid all those years ago. Now Tom and Jerry is something else. A park built around more comtemporary cartoon characters might work. Roadrunner, Yogi Bear, Mr. Magoo, Sylvester and Tweetie Pie to mention a few.

What you don't know won't hurt you. But if you had kids in the States you would know that Disney attracts all the other amusement parks and characters. Google Orlando theme parks. Walt Disney World Resort

Disney Corp. has a very tight operational protocol. Thailand doesn't qualify.

And China does???

Well, step right up and plunk down your money as an investor.

Name one major US brand attraction in Thailand...?

Soi Cowboy? No wait.............. rolleyes.gif

Disney Corp. has a very tight operational protocol. Thailand doesn't qualify.

And China does???

Well, step right up and plunk down your money as an investor.

Name one major US brand attraction in Thailand...?

Soi Cowboy? No wait.............. rolleyes.gif

How many MacDonald's in Pattaya?

Never been to disney Land and never had the urge to go, can't see anything changing. I went to dreamworld once in Australia and within 10 minutes I was bored shitless and couldn't wait to get out of there I hate these places that attract bogans.

apples and oranges dont comment unless youve been I and my family have been to all of them (Florida, California, Paris, Tokyo, Hong Kong). Hong Kong one is a joke rest are great. Weve also been to theme parks in Singapore USA Europe and rest and while some are ok for a day fun unless youve been to FLorida Disneyland or Tokyo you have no idea. Its like comparing a quick shag with a 5$ hooker with a wonderful evening with a film star to be crude about it. But Thailand have a proper disneyland now that is a fantasy to far and far beyond its capabilities. Even HOng Kong Disneyland is rubbish and they are light years ahead of here.

Shanghai is total garbage, too, if you ask me. Bangkok is light years ahead in terms of civility.

Yes but at least civility can be taught especially within the park and the Chinese parks are mostly for the Chinese anyways they have an enduring supply of potential customers that rivals anywhere else..

Its far too hot pretty much everywhere in Thailand for outdoor there parks.

Maybe Chiang Mai could work but still pretty hot there too.

Singapore is often cloud covered, different climate altogether so they can work there oddly enough.

Rubbish, its hotter in the location of the original Disney World in central Florida then it is here with the higher humidity bringing the heat index well up over 100degrees all summer, they handle the heat well with shaded areas and mister fans throughout and also have A/C running in the outdoor queue areas. Humid heat is the worst kind and it is not as humid here as it is there..Besides there's always ice cream and slushies laugh.png ..

After living in Orlando for 7 years, I think Bangkok is more humid than Orlando. They are both in the "it's so hot I want to scream" index, but I agree planning can overcome climate. I checked relative humidity for both locations, and it's a lot of contradictory information but leaning toward very similar numbers (1-3% difference), and both cities being around 74-76% average.

Orlando may be as humid as much of Thailand but there is no way its as hot, Orlando isn't even near tropical, its temperate. All of Thailand is tropical, even Chiang Rai. I'm sure Orlando is far far cooler in the winter months, Thailand doesn't even have winters, its hot all year round.

They will neer give Mickey Mouse his work permit, he will be forced to work illegally while beign primised "its coming" and he will have to hide all the time with kids wondering why he is shy wheneven boys in brown are about (wanting MM to give them a backhander). WPFflags.gif

Singapore is often cloud covered, different climate altogether so they can work there oddly enough.

Rubbish, its hotter in the location of the original Disney World in central Florida then it is here with the higher humidity bringing the heat index well up over 100degrees all summer, they handle the heat well with shaded areas and mister fans throughout and also have A/C running in the outdoor queue areas. Humid heat is the worst kind and it is not as humid here as it is there..Besides there's always ice cream and slushies laugh.png ..

After living in Orlando for 7 years, I think Bangkok is more humid than Orlando. They are both in the "it's so hot I want to scream" index, but I agree planning can overcome climate. I checked relative humidity for both locations, and it's a lot of contradictory information but leaning toward very similar numbers (1-3% difference), and both cities being around 74-76% average.

Orlando may be as humid as much of Thailand but there is no way its as hot, Orlando isn't even near tropical, its temperate. All of Thailand is tropical, even Chiang Rai. I'm sure Orlando is far far cooler in the winter months, Thailand doesn't even have winters, its hot all year round.

20 years close to Orlando. They grow oranges for C's sake. One frost in 20 years. The rest of the time like Chiang Mai. BTW you can swim in Florida year round, matter of fact the water is too hot to swim in the summer.

Wrong! It is as hot and more humid, most times it's hotter! Regardless of what you THINK about it not being "tropical" which means naught and it is "near tropical" more accurately it's subtropical but even that is not a definitive measure of the heat and by even suggesting that it's not "near tropical" demonstrates you don't know diddly. But I never said anything about winter did I, silly??

I just love it when some numbnuts comes along and tries to convince me that I know nothing about the place I was born and grown up in and spent nearly my entire life working outdoors as well as racing cars in is not something it is, hysterical that is.... :cheesy: Likely that same person hardly ever even got out of their A/C office, A/C car or comfortable A/C house for any length of time to even notice.. :cheesy:

Edited by WarpSpeed

People from the North of the US and Canada come to Florida for the winter. The natives call them snowbirds. Of course the Florida natives love them, the favorite local song is, "If it's snow bird season why can't we shoot em."

• Like 1

20 years close to Orlando. They grow oranges for C's sake. One frost in 20 years. The rest of the time like Chiang Mai. BTW you can swim in Florida year round, matter of fact the water is too hot to swim in the summer.

Regards Kerry he's clueless about what he speaks..

People from the North of the US and Canada come to Florida for the winter. The natives call them snowbirds. Of course the Florida natives love them, the favorite local song is, "If it's snow bird season why can't we shoot em."

cheesy.gif uh huh! And I don't care how they do it up north!!

Anyways this is mostly off topic the point is the heat could be handled and is not an issue as it has been handled for over 40 years in Florida and the original Disney World..

Edited by WarpSpeed