Passport Full, Wp And Visa Extension

Hi Friends, I am a british citizen, married to a thai lady. I am working in Thailand and I have a WP and a NON-IMM Extended one year visa based on employment. My WP will expire in 07 July 2012 and my visa in 03 October 2012. My Passport is valid till 07 July 2014 but it only has 3 pages left.

I originally entered Thailand on 06 August 2011 using a NON-IMM O visa.

I would like to renew my passport via the DHL-Hong Kong method.

My question is when to do the new UK passport, so as not to disrupt the WP and visa extension procedures?

I would think that I should wait to renew my WP and then apply for a new passport. When it arrives, I could use this to extend my visa. Would I need to do a new wok permit too? Or just endorse the new passport in the WP blue book?

Edited by Debothai

WP and extensions of stay are no longer tied, so get your WP extended for 1 year and than wait till you need a new passport. When you renew your passport depends on your travel plans and the need for empty pages. if no travel is expected, you might wait another year.

I believe a UK paspsort normally is issued in 3 weeks.

Just to let you know I'm currently waiting on a new passport as I also had 3 pgs.

Hong Kong no longer issue passports but they DO take the payment.

The process if your interested....

* If you don't already have it download the up-dated Adobe Reader

* Fill in the form

* Attach a decent scan of your passport (you don't send your current)

* Provide 2 pefect pictures with a light grey or cream back ground which is almost impossible to get.

I had to measure the dimensions myself and it was completely wrong. I couldnt find a place anywhere with a light grey or cream background so I had to agree to them photo shopping it which is risky. (someone else said he did this and it was cool) The place appeared professional and I even printed off the pages from the Uk Embassy giving EXACT measurements.

She reasured me she knew what she was doing!! I returned an hour later to an airbrushed crazy, wrong measurement picture. So I had to go around the counter and do it myself.

2 days to DHL application to Hong Kong, up to 4 weeks to produce passport, 2 days for them to send it to the UK and then once they produce it, 2 days to to DHL it back. So up to 5 weeks in all.

I'm here on a 2 month visa and am hoping I get it before 17th May! Just give yourself time to sort out pictures and the application as it took me a full day of running around, downloading and all that.

At least I didn't have to get the pictures verified!