Transfer From Bangkok Bank Account To Paypal Account

Hello all, I am trying to get advice on how to transfer money from my Bangkok Bank account to PayPal? I have added the Bangkok Bank to my PayPal account and have been able to "receive" money to my PayPal account, but when I try to load money from BkBank, it asks me to "confirm" my account with the 2 small deposits, which I get fine, but then any transaction to add funds to PayPal I get the "fail" message and it trys to send 2 more deposits to "confirm" (not the same as Verfify) my account and the problem starts all over again!

I called PayPal and they say Bangkok Bank has a Block on my account, but when I call Bangkok Bank, they say they have no such thing and that I have no Block on my account! PayPal said they get a message saying they won't transfer money from my account to PayPal etc!

What do I do??

I need to send money every month to a US Bank Account, and Bangkok Bank said they have a 40,000 baht or something like that, minimum for Swift Transfers!

Also, if I enroll in Online Banking, can I transfer money to my sister's US Account the same way I can transfer to any Thai Bank account or are all Foriegn transactions "blocked"? I asked at the Branch but they seemed to have no clue because one person said "No problem" the other said "Cannot do" ughhhh!!!

Thanks for the advice and help!

I cannot help with your issue other than to note that I have no problem transferring money to my Thai PayPal account from my Bangkok Bank savings account.

So it does work.

During set up I did have minor issues with the small deposits, at the time PayPal needed the 'message' attached to the payments as well as the payment value itself, bank staff were of course totally clueless. Finally resolved by viewing on the internet banking system where the message is available.

Thanks for the reply that is the exact problem I am having! I have NO trouble sending money from PayPal to my BK Bank account, it is getting money "FROM" my Bangkok Bank account because of the message that Bk Bank sends back when PayPal tries to withdraw the money from my account that says "I have blocked all request's to electronically withdraw any money from my Bangkok Bank account", that is where the trouble start because when I call Bangkok Bank, they have NO CLUE what I am talking about.

I will try enrolling in online Banking.

Where exactly did you find that message?

Thanks

Good luck with enrolling for online banking, for me it was a nightmare ! they have you fill out many forms, then email one part to you and send the other via the mail, mine was 3 months in waiting !! Kasikorn online banking done in 10 minutes.

You can enrol in online banking from any BBK Bank ATM, IIRC it's behind 'Request Service', a bit of hassle with mobile numbers and one-time passwords but no need to interface with staff smile.png all done in an hour or so.

Once you have OLB you can access your statement which includes any transaction messages.

EDIT On reflection I think it's actually 'Apply for Service'.

There are no minimum amounts applying to the SWIFT transfer system. However bear in mind the costs of both the sending and receiving bank when deciding how much to send and if it is worthwhile..

You can register regular payments to made overseas through the internet system. Attached is a link to the website outlining the procedure.

http://www.bangkokbank.com/Online%20Banking/For%20Personal/iBanking/Services/pages/ift.aspx

If you require assistance, please PM me

Dave (BBL)

Did you take into account the exchange rate? If the transfer was 27 baht, then you must find the exchange rate used and enter in the equivalent amount in US cents. Call and ask. Also, as mentioned, it is very easy to get online banking with your ATM card at any Bangkok Bank ATM

Try apply for a electronic/internet transaction capable debit card from bank together with online banking and use it on line in place of credit/debit card. I used it for more than 5 years including transactions to/from Paypal. The debit/ATM card need at least 3 days processing.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

You can enrol in online banking from any BBK Bank ATM, IIRC it's behind 'Request Service', a bit of hassle with mobile numbers and one-time passwords but no need to interface with staff smile.png all done in an hour or so.

Once you have OLB you can access your statement which includes any transaction messages.

EDIT On reflection I think it's actually 'Apply for Service'.

Its a complete "no go" if you have a BKB joint account at an ATM, must be done at the branch with wife/ or partner etc present. I am still waiting for my password for internet banking, have applied twice now for this service.

ph34r.png

Edited by phutoie2