14 Year Old Malaysian Girl Kidnapped For Prostitution Is Rescued In Bangkok

Buchholz

14 year-old Malaysian girl, kidnapped for prostitution, rescued in Bangkok

SHAH ALAM: A 14-year-old girl, reported missing from home by her family in Seksyen 18 recently, has been rescued by Thai police at a train station in Bangkok.

Selangor CID chief SAC Mohd Adnan Abdullah said the girl called her mother on March 12 and informed her that she and several Myanmar nationals were abducted by a group of people and sent to Thailand.

"They managed to escape and were rescued by Thai police at the Hua Lampong train station in Bangkok," he said, adding that the case was investigated under kidnapping with the intention of prostitution.

Continued:

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/3/19/nation/20120319220149&sec=nation

The Star (Malaysia)

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saved from vice ring

SHAH ALAM, MALAYSIA - Thai police rescued a local teenage girl from an international prostitution ring after she and a group of Myanmar girls escaped from their kidnappers in Bangkok recently.

The 14-year-old, who was reported missing, said she and five Myanmar girls had been kidnapped by a group of men here before being taken to Thailand

Continues:

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne%2BNews/Malaysia/Story/A1Story20120320-334545.html

New Straits Times - March 20, 2012

Malaysian Embassy working with Thai police to track down prostitution syndicate

The Malaysian Embassy in Bangkok is working with the Thai police to track down the prostitution syndicate involved in the kidnapping of a Malaysian girl, Malaysian Ambassador to Thailand Datuk Nazirah Hussain said.

“What they did to our citizen is cruel, even more so when the victim is a minor,” she told Bernama when contacted.

“How did they manage to bring a teenager past the international border? We need to investigate this,” she said. Bernama contacted her for a comment in the wake of the rescue of a Malaysian girl, 14, by the Thai police at Hua Lampong Railway Station in Bangkok after escaping from an international prostitution syndicate.

Bernama - March 21, 2012

Edited by Buchholz

I fear for the girls future. If she is Muslim then returning home will be a catch 22 for her. Who will marry her, how will the family actually react? Sadly if she belonged to a Saudi family they would simply disown her now. Fingers crossed that her Mum and Dad put parenting before religion.

Fair point, however I think that the Malay muslims are a little less fanatical compared to some of thier counterparts in the middle east.

• Like 2

I fear for the girls future. If she is Muslim then returning home will be a catch 22 for her. Who will marry her, how will the family actually react? Sadly if she belonged to a Saudi family they would simply disown her now. Fingers crossed that her Mum and Dad put parenting before religion.

Absolutely. Isn't it Muslims who blame the girls for being raped? What will they do in this case?

• Like 1

It looks like there's a further article on this from the original OP publication. Seems she was in the hands of the bad people for give or take six weeks... Not likely good for the girl...

Curious that the articles seem to make no mention of even what nationality the kidnappers may have been. Presumably some of the victimized girls would have some idea of that based on the language being spoken, appearances or otherwise.

Wednesday March 21, 2012

Kidnapped teen too traumatised to speak

By A. RUBAN

[email protected]

SHAH ALAM: The 14-year-old girl who was kidnapped and sent to Thailand is traumatised and unable to speak to the police.

Shah Alam OCPD Asst Comm Zahedi Ayob said the girl was in hospital and responding well to treatment.

“However, she cannot remember much. She only told us that she was abducted in a white van from Section 9,” he told reporters at the district police headquarters here yesterday.

The teen was found with five other girls from Myanmar at the Hua Lampong train station in Bangkok on March 11 and arrived back home on Monday.

“We hope the Thai authorities will send the Myanmar citizens here so that we can probe further. We are investigating if these teenagers were also kidnapped the same day that the girl was abducted,” ACP Zahedi said.

He refused to confirm if the teen was kidnapped by a child sex trafficking syndicate, but said the case was being investigated under Section 366 of the Penal Code for kidnapping for the purpose of prostitution.

ACP Zahedi said the Myanmar teenagers, aged between 15 and 17, were currently under the custody of UNHCR in Bangkok.

The Form Three girl was abducted on Jan 30 after her mother dropped her off at a bus stop here at around 1pm. When her daughter did not return home, the 37-year-old mother lodged a police report the following day at the Shah Alam police headquarters.

On March 12, the girl called her mother to say that she was in Thailand and had escaped from her captors.

http://thestar.com.m...6252&sec=nation

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Great story. Good work to all involved and especialy to the brave young girl to escape and inform the police. Great work Thai police !!! Keep it up and let's save more innocent children.

Yep, and will be an even better story when the kidnappers are locked up, which is a tall order of course. It involves the scouts and kidnappers in Malaysia, the handlers in Thailand, and the king pin. ... and whoever helped lubricate the entry to Thailand. Many players in this for sure.

The "king pin" could be a queen pin, like that bitch exposed in the excellent CNN feature on slave labour shown last summer. My god, was she a piece of work. F****** bitch.

• Like 2

Yeah, good job by the BKK Police. What about the immigration border police? What about them?

Maybe, just maybe, a shed load are on the payrolls of traffickers? Bad job by the police, in that case!

My first question when reading, was also asked by the Malaysian authorities, "How the hell did she get in, without paperwork?"

OK, smuggled. It's still a poor job by the border police!

However, glad she and her co-captured are safe.

-mel.

Good news story. The parents must have been absolutely distraught with worry about thier baby, I would have been climbing the walls. A young girl rescued from the being abused by sex tourists. Can't wait for all the comments about how human trafficking is a myth and the girls go into prostitution of thier own free will.

What makes you think that the prostitution was aimed at "sex tourists" and not Thais, a much larger market? If you ever get to Sadao or Sungai Kolok you will find a thriving sex industry mainly used by Malaysians

• Like 2

Last year, I read a news story that was baffling. It stated that a survey had been done of underage sex workers, and that all the Thais involved were very surprised the primary customers of these underage sex workers were Cambodian and Vietnamese.

At the time, I wondered "who has tabs on these kids and no one helps them?" Secondly, I thought that means the worst sex tourists are Asian, not Western, which is not the consensus among ferang or Thais here.

I never could fully grasp how information like that, and this story, could exist and no one is accountable? It's even more baffling today. I'm filing it in the drawer of tragic paradoxes.

• Like 1

If we assume that underage sex workers, forced or otherwise are targeted at those with paedophile tastes, further most potential western customers know that Thailand is no longer a paradise for their tastes, then the implication is that these girls are intended for Thai consumption. Particularly as both Burmese and Malay girls will speak some degree of English and could ask for help from western customers.

• Like 1

Absolutely. Isn't it Muslims who blame the girls for being raped? What will they do in this case?

In Morocco, a male rapist is allowed to marry a female victim, to avoid any prosecution: http://www.avaaz.org/en/forced_to_marry_her_rapist_b/?cl=1675445047&v=13345