Very Pleasant Experience At Thai Tax Office

Had a very pleasant experience at the Thai tax office today. I was expecting the worst as I usually file it online, but this year I couldn't and there were also some additional docs and forms I hadn't done before due to change in circumstances.

Thanks to the staff at Bangkok Area Revenue Office 23. The service was quick, very helpful and very friendly. One form needed a minor adjustment for about 10,000 baht, as it was a new one for me and my manual calculations and reading of requirements were slightly out. I'd asked them to look thru it for me and check with this in mind. Hopefully a refund now in about 3 months.

I thought I'd post this as there are usually so many negative posts about dealing with the various government departments. This one was great and service with a smile :)

BTW For foreigners in 2011 the tax numbers were changed from 10 digits to 13 digits to be in line with Thais. People in employment have probably had theirs changed by their employer. Others may need to register for the change. The service in the next room was excellent on doing this too. Nice spacious office full of smiling people, with music too :)

• Like 2

Well I agree with you I got my tax return money from last year already,in mine own country you have to wait several years(Holland).But mine taxnumber and that of my wife did not chance it has still 10 digits.

Well I agree with you I got my tax return money from last year already,in mine own country you have to wait several years(Holland).But mine taxnumber and that of my wife did not chance it has still 10 digits.

They didn't seem too bothered about the new 13 digit tax number, and the old one seems fine this time round, as I filed the tax return first under the old number then went to get the new one. I believe it came in on 1 Feb:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/opinion/Tips-for-filing-your-personal-income-tax-return-as-30178039.html

• 1 month later...