Ensogo Thailand Deal Page Only In Thai In The Future

Firefan

Hi! I have happily used many of the coupon options in Ensogo (Thailand). Today got email from them with latest promotions - and surprised that they state, that from some April date - the deal page will only be in Thai... Living social purchase changing the rules?

(I will work around it with Google Chrome translate but still weird....).

Cheers!

from the 20th April it will be in Thai only, bit of a shitter.

Hear everyday that people need to use English more and then ensogo do this, mind you the standard of English on ensogo is not that fantastic, but acceptable.

Dean; why would they also not want tourists or short term visitors to use their deals? Or simply people who are not as smart as you and have learned reading in Thai? they basically cut out even most long term expats - as I am guessing max 10% of those can READ Thai. Weird biz/marketing plan.... Must be related to Living Social buying them and their rules.

Cheers!

Or learn Thai, you never know, it could come in usefull for other things as well. coffee1.gif

Basically the kind of thais smart enough to read english dont need bargain coupons anyway and everybody knows all the farang have

too much money already so lets make sure they cant get the bargains also .......its a clever strategy to ensure rich thai and farang cant

get any bargains :D

Dean; why would they also not want tourists or short term visitors to use their deals? Or simply people who are not as smart as you and have learned reading in Thai? they basically cut out even most long term expats - as I am guessing max 10% of those can READ Thai. Weird biz/marketing plan.... Must be related to Living Social buying them and their rules.

Cheers!

Or learn Thai, you never know, it could come in usefull for other things as well. coffee1.gif

A tourists or short term visitor probably doesn't even know about these discounts. So why should they care.

Long term stay people, why do you not learn Thai. It is like living in England and not knowing English. Completly ignorant, your so called 10%.

Long term stay people, why do you not learn Thai.

Doesn't matter why people do or do not learn Thai, Firefan's point is that the majority don't learn Thai - the reading anyway, so it seems strange for Ensogo to alienate all those people.

• 2 weeks later...

For all of you who are ripping expats who cant read Thai,would you trust your own Thai enough to spend money to follow rules written in Thai? If you are an avid user of Ensogo send their English speaking owners an email http://help.livingsocial.com/ . Rich Thais do use Ensogo everytime I have used Ensogo to try a new nice restaurant I wouldnt have tried otherwise I see it full of HiSo thais busting out their Ensogo vouchers.