What Is High Milage On A Versys Or A Er6N Or Ninja 650 ?

how much life could i expect to get out of a bike like this ?

before major repair or a new engine is necessary

i would always use good quality synthetic oil every 3000-5000 km anyway

anyone know of any with high miles on them and has there been any problems ?

i read about someone still going strong at 200,000+ km on a forum (not in thailand i think )

no reason to think these bikes will fail early as far as i have seen IF THEY ARE TAKEN CARE OFF ....

OP I would take a fair priced Versy that looked good at any mileage.smile.png

The UK has has good reports on the engines, abuse is usually the cause of engine failure.

On Versy forums if you have a look there's guys done over 100,000Km no problem.smile.png

Edited by Kwasaki

OP I would take a fair priced Versy that looked good at any mileage.smile.png

The UK has has good reports on the engines, abuse is usually the cause of engine failure.

On Versy forums if you have a look there's guys done over 100,000Km no problem.smile.png

i am clocking up 1000-2000 km per week and engine still feels very tight ,it doesnt feel any worse than a new one after 34,000km

i just stick to the service intervals as recommened in owners manual and it seems to be doing fine

You mentioned synthetic every 3-5K. If you get a new bike, don't use synthetic until after you have clocked about 20K. Up til then, the engine is still breaking in and you will get longer life by letting the process finish before going to 100% synthetic. You should read the thread on here (somewhere) about break-in. If you want to keep the bike for many kms, as opposed to trading every few years, good break-in is of utmost importance. And you will not find the method in the manual.

You mentioned synthetic every 3-5K. If you get a new bike, don't use synthetic until after you have clocked about 20K. Up til then, the engine is still breaking in and you will get longer life by letting the process finish before going to 100% synthetic. You should read the thread on here (somewhere) about break-in. If you want to keep the bike for many kms, as opposed to trading every few years, good break-in is of utmost importance. And you will not find the method in the manual.

tiger mechanics told me i should use always use synthetic in the tiger boxer 250 if i wanted engine to "last long" and it only had 6000 on the clock after 2 years and was literally falling apart .....:)