Hi Def Scenery Of Alberta, Canada

David48

It's country I'm quite familiar with. I have drifted most of the rivers in that video and hunted the eastern foothills of the Rockies. That prairie country can get right in your bones after spending as much time as I have in the tall timber country of British Columbia. I was always a country and western fan and loved the cowboy and indian stories when I was a child. When I became an adult I couldn't get enough of searching that country. All my videos of the prairie country are on the old Super 8 film, and my photos are on slides and prints. It's an ongoing process turning them into digital.

After finally getting to see the whole video (18 minutes to load here in Chiang Mai) I see it's a well done Tourism promo for Alberta. Those attractive women who look somewhat Asian are actually First Nations tribal gals. The prairie tribe people are far more handsome than the coastal natives.

Edited by IanForbes

<snip> Those attractive women who look somewhat Asian are actually First Nations tribal gals. The prairie tribe people are far more handsome than the coastal natives.

Must admit I did think that they were Asian in origin with the first viewing.

Yes, it took a long time to download here also ... price paid for the High Definition.

Fantastic, that is my home and this video certainly caused me a bit of homesickness. Almost all of those locations where just an hour or two from where I lived and some were places I did live. Thanks for that video.

Good thing I live on a beautiful mountain here, or I might be tempted to run back there. Especially when the video is titled remember to breathe, something we are scared to do up here.

Fantastic, that is my home and this video certainly caused me a bit of homesickness. Almost all of those locations where just an hour or two from where I lived and some were places I did live. Thanks for that video.

Good thing I live on a beautiful mountain here, or I might be tempted to run back there. Especially when the video is titled remember to breathe, something we are scared to do up here.

Then here's a few more for you... The Bow River near the Highwood

Bow_River_032.jpg

Then here's a few more to make you homesick.

The Bow River right in downtown Calgary

Bow_River_float_003.jpg

The Bow River at the Highwood

Bow_River_032.jpg

Local inhabitants

Bow_River_float_027.sized.jpg

Flora and fauna

Bow_River_flowers_1.sized.jpg

Bow_River_flowers_3.sized.jpg

Bow_River_flowers_7.sized.jpg

Oh, and the reason we were there...

Bow_River_Brown_2.jpg