You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Why I Don'T See No Farang Eating At Mk Suki Ever!

ARISTIDE

Was the ex wife's favourite, probably contibuted to why she's an ex, i hated the visits there nearly as much as the mukuta i think its called. All Sh1t and expensive at that. Not been in one since she departed thankfully.

New friend likes sizzlers as you can eat the buffet sald until your full then take the main corse home and eat the next day. Not whist your sat with me my dear you wont was my reply.

• Like 1

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New friend likes sizzlers as you can eat the buffet sald until your full then take the main corse home and eat the next day.

Good golly! Why did I never think about this amazing and bright idea before? That is brilliant!

Thanks for sharing. wai.gif

• 2 weeks later...

^Many, especially Thai students, gorge from salad bars everywhere. Some restaurants have reduced the plate size to that of a saucer; yet, the customers still manage to put a huge hole in the huge salad bar layout. Their method is to ring the saucer with the largest lettuce leaves there, add a second or even third overlapping layer for strength, and then pile on a mountain of various salads; it usually takes two or three to manhandle the plate to their table.

Just so as I'm not off topic, I too have not seen many farangs at MK Suki. I went briefly once to the MKSuki opposite KadSuanKaew to meet someone. Upon opening the door one is staggered by a misty cloud of pungent mixed odors which dissipates somewhat as you go creep down the stairs into the cauldron of tables below. I managed to hang in for a few minutes before escaping outside for fresh air. I phoned my Japanese-American friend to say a Turkish sauna with my suki is a non-starter. He could not understand until he arrived later with his entourage. We agreed to meet at Starbucks down the road.

• 2 weeks later...

The answer to the OP's question was always going to be "Because it sucks".

In a country with such great cheap food, the only reason locals go to MK must be just so they can say to everyone "I'm rich enough to go to a terrible restaurant and pay 500 baht to cook my own food, when I could just stay at home and cook it myself for a fraction of the price".

We like to brag about getting the best bargains and paying the lowest price for something, Thai's just love to show off about how much they paid for something.

From the replies here it seems the only farangs that go to MK are dragged their by their Thai families, or don't know any better. But apparently "the sauce is great", I wouldn't call a plate of McFries a great tasting dish if you covered it in McBBQ sauce though.

The only good thing at MK is the bbq pork and duck.

I ALWAYS get that when there.

The rest is pretty shit.

I used to make the same shit at home when I was going through a hot pot stage. I make a much much better hot pot than what MK does and I am a shit cook.