Why I Don'T See No Farang Eating At Mk Suki Ever!

ARISTIDE

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bland and boring food which is over priced... Yes, Thais love it; go figure... I know lots of folks like the duck - and its good - but you can get as good or better duck lots of places which have some spicy stuff to go with it.

• Like 1

Bland and boring food which is over priced... Yes, Thais love it; go figure... I know lots of folks like the duck - and its good - but you can get as good or better duck lots of places which have some spicy stuff to go with it.

Before I first went there I thought it was a low budget place which is why it is so popular with Thais but its at least as expensive as a "real restaurant".

Personally I cannot see the point of going to a restaurant where you have to cook all your own food yourself using overpriced crap ingredients. I hate MK and avoid it at all costs.

• Like 1

Has anyone tried MK Gold? We passed one yesterday and my wife (after a quick chat with her sister in Thai) asked if I would like to go there for dinner. I said "yes as long as it is nothing like normal MK" and so we ate at Maha-Naga!

I like it, quick easy predictable.

Whenever the relatives take me to a proper resteraunt I end up with plates of fish guts, sea slugs and little bleeding mussels and assorted offal...

I go home hungry.

Tasteless not so cheap food you have to cook yourself

The prices are not low

The seats are uncomfortable

The decor is drab

The customer has to cook the food

The food is soaking wet

These 2 quotes sum it up nicely.

+1

It's bland. Boring, boiled meat and veggies. Even if you drench everything in the sauce it's still bland. It's also way overpriced for what you get. Every 99 baht suki place I've been to has been way better, and there are even better ones for a bit more. Tons of sauces, marinated meat, lots of veggies, fried rice, curries, seafood, etc and its all you can eat. So much better

There are local all you can eat (suki?) buffets where you cook your own food for 100 bt ish/ plate. The good ones are usually full quickly.

My gf really likes Hot Pot, but not MK. I think hot pot is like 200+ baht/person.

"2nd best time to plant a tree is today." Sent from TV android app.

licklips.gif MK Suki food...when the family goes to one...is a compromise for us.

Myself, I'm more likely to look for Japanese style Sushi. Or Korean food. But the family doesn't like that,

My wife's oldest son has an allergy to any shellfish...Crab, Prawn, etc, are out for him for that reason.

There are a LOT of Thai places close to where we live with good Thai and Chinese-Thai food, so more often than not the family picks one of those places.

Last time I was in an MK was last October (2011) for a combination of my birthday and the oldest son's birthday celebrations.

Also had my wife's sister and two other family members (wife's relatives) with us...so MK was a place we compromised on since we all had different tastes and preferences in food.

And there are OTHER suki style places not just MK with better tasting food....MK is a mass market chain and their food is keyed for sales volume and efficency rather than taste.

Some of the smaller non-chain Suki places are more into the quality of the food. Better taste.

giggle.gif

Edited by IMA_FARANG