Red Shirt Chairwoman Thida: No Need For Experts In Constitution Drafting Assembly

webfact

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why need experts, the changes have already been decided in Dubai.

Sounds like Thaksin, when addressing the UN Commission on Human Rights-He was asked by one member about his "extra judicial" killing of 1600+ "drug dealers" without due process. Thaksin told the Human Rights Commissioner to mind his own business. Experts, we don't need no stinkin experts.

• Like 1

Another pearl of Thai political wisdom, "Experts are not more important than people". That was the thinking applied in Mao's Great Leap Forward too, one of history's greatest sociopolitical disasters.

Not Thai political wisdom.

Redshirt political wisdom.

here, here...

I'd already gathered that phiphidon wasn't the sharpest poster on here but I'm surprised at you, bookman.

Did you think of that riposte all by yourself? Lend me your Bumper Book of Despots when you've finished will you.

Thanks for proving me right!

I'd already gathered that phiphidon wasn't the sharpest poster on here but I'm surprised at you, bookman.

Did you think of that riposte all by yourself? Lend me your Bumper Book of Despots when you've finished will you.

No problem, as long as you're happy...........

Another pearl of Thai political wisdom, "Experts are not more important than people". That was the thinking applied in Mao's Great Leap Forward too, one of history's greatest sociopolitical disasters.

Sadly you are quite right. There are some astute Thai politicians around but as they like to be able to think for themselves and are too often altruistic we won't see them anywhere near this goverment.

Edited by bigbamboo

"She added that there was no need for experts to take part in drafting the charter."

That statement by its self is why they need experts.

Quote jonclark - "The 1997 constitution was devised by a group of sincere people & if the spirit of that constitution had been adhered to I doubt there would be this great impasse which Thailand is facing today. However, all the loopholes were subverted & twisted to suit the ends of those in power."

This is why experts are needed. The best intentioned people may create a document which meets the spirit of the law but it requires experts to prepare a document that retains the spirit but plugs the loopholes.

It goes back to the ongoing problem of how to find a group of impartial experts.

Most of them haven't been born yet.

No problem, as long as you're happy...........

Not really. I still find strange you can equate Mao's incompetence in unintentionally killing his own people in the GLF with Hitler's deliberate policy of ethnic cleansing.

What's impartial and why being "impartial" is so important?

Methinks it's just the a trick to legitimize an obviously wrong proposition - you say that the accusers are just not "impartial" enough, you need to find a more "impartial" person for whom killing and raping children, for example, is not offensive.

Edited by volk666

Not really. I still find strange you can equate Mao's incompetence in unintentionally killing his own people in the GLF with Hitler's deliberate policy of ethnic cleansing.

Look sharpcard, I was making a joke. Too many people on here compare Thaksin with any of their favourite despots at the time - you started off with mao, the next one chipped in with pol pot , it seemed only right I got hitler a mention in there - Joke , understand. Forget it.

How Thida and Thaksin envison red shirt members of the CDA would probably be something like this:

post-21228-0-68639300-1332581517_thumb.j

• Like 1

Look sharpcard, I was making a joke. Too many people on here compare Thaksin with any of their favourite despots at the time - you started off with mao, the next one chipped in with pol pot , it seemed only right I got hitler a mention in there - Joke , understand. Forget it.

I don't remember comparing Thaksin with Mao?

Really, just forget it, I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obstructive or just stu

Really, just forget it, I'm not sure if you're being deliberately obstructive or just stu

I was comparing Thida's sociopolitical incompetence with Mao's. I never mentioned Thaksin, you did. That clear enough for you?

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

"Experts are not more important than people," she said.

She does have a way with words. I suppose all experts are non-people. We don't need no education.

I have this vision of her laying in hospital needing urgent medical treatment from a heart or brain surgeon ....... and a cleaner turns up.

I was comparing Thida's sociopolitical incompetence with Mao's. I never mentioned Thaksin, you did. That clear enough for you?

OK, it's early days yet, I know, but when Thida is responsible for 18 million plus deaths I'll get back to you and then you can show me the comparison between their respective sociological incompetences. that OK with you?

OK, it's early days yet, I know, but when Thida is responsible for 18 million plus deaths I'll get back to you and then you can show me the comparison between their respective sociological incompetences. that OK with you?

If that's the best you can up with I'd rather you didn't bother. Thanks all the same, old chap!

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

Maybe the The Universal Declaration of Human Rights would be a good start.

The Universal Declaration of Human Rights - United Nations

Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family is the foundation of freedom, justice and peace in the world,

from the un org website

Edited by gand