Powerhouse Gym - Deadlifts

galaxist

I went to PowerHouse Gym today. Im considering paying the 9k mid-day membership. Its looks pretty clean and it wasnt busy when I went in this afternoon.

Do they care if you do deadlifts? I asked the reception girl if I could do them but she didnt know what I was talking about.

So any PowerHouse members...are you doing your DLs or do you see anyone doing them?

Thanks

You can do your deadlifts in the area behind dumbbell rack there is a big space (near the row machine) and no benches. Anyway I move the benches around all the time, no worry.

The place is usually get crowded in the evenings.

Why not? I don't understand it's the place to workout.

Its still kinda small. I think I would have to move a bench or two for 15 minutes.

Also, deadlifts are sometimes a little loud.

You can do your deadlifts in the area behind dumbbell rack there is a big space (near the row machine) and no benches. Anyway I move the benches around all the time, no worry.

The place is usually get crowded in the evenings.

Why not? I don't understand it's the place to workout.

Its still kinda small. I think I would have to move a bench or two for 15 minutes.

Also, deadlifts are sometimes a little loud.

Nice. Thats what I needed to hear.

• 1 month later...

A seated cable row and a rowing machine are different exercise equipment for different purposes as ProdigalSon alluded to. The first used in strength training and bodybuilding while latter is a cardio exercise. OP you might want to check out FT (Fitness Thailand) where they have room and equipment for that kind of thing.

Edited by junglechef

I'm at Fitness Thailand and the only complaint I have is that there is only 1 squat rack. There is a smith machine, but whats the point?

But everyone is quite nice at FT and if you want to jump in and use equipment and trade off sets you most likely will be able to. However, I have made it a point to try and get there early to beat the rush.

I might look around more before I commit for a year. Any other place around 7-10k a year that has a squat rack or two and is not always being used?

You can do your deadlifts in the area behind dumbbell rack there is a big space (near the row machine) and no benches.

Do they have rowing machines now?

Yes but one rowing machine.

Hummmm for some dran reason I have never seen a row machine....blind I guess....will look tomorrow...thanks!

Like the above said it's a seated cable row not a proper one I guess?

You can do your deadlifts in the area behind dumbbell rack there is a big space (near the row machine) and no benches.

Do they have rowing machines now?

Yes but one rowing machine.

Hummmm for some dran reason I have never seen a row machine....blind I guess....will look tomorrow...thanks!

gl with your back problems.

Im sure you spend most of your gym time doing 9 different types of curls.

Getting back to the OP and BlackArtemis, whenever I go to work out at PowerHouse (usually around 1pm) there is hardly anyone there and the squat rack is almost always free. They certainly don't mind you doing deadlifts either.

Yeah there is never anyone in the squat rack. I love it.

One trainer always comes over when Im doing DLs to tell me to wear some gloves but never gives me a hard time about being a little loud on my last set.

gl with your back problems.

Im sure you spend most of your gym time doing 9 different types of curls.

Getting back to the OP and BlackArtemis, whenever I go to work out at PowerHouse (usually around 1pm) there is hardly anyone there and the squat rack is almost always free. They certainly don't mind you doing deadlifts either.

Yeah there is never anyone in the squat rack. I love it.

One trainer always comes over when Im doing DLs to tell me to wear some gloves but never gives me a hard time about being a little loud on my last set.

GL with your back problems.