School Loans

nellyp

Can anybody advise me on school loans.

My wife, who now lives in Blighty with me has a considerable education loan (up to univerity standard). we are planning to return to Thailand at some pint and are a bit worried about her loan and how it will affect us and her family .

Has anybody got any info on this or know of anywhere I can get info about it

In general, if she has completed her education, then she should really pay back her loans. If she does not, then her guarantor (parents?) will have to pay them.

If she pays back in full, out of Thailand loans will be calculated at the current exchange rates.

She should read the conditions of her loan. It may be that her loan repayment conditions are extremely generous, implying an extensive loan subsidy. Example: Repayments are spread over 15 years following a two-year grace period, with the repayment percentage fixed at very low rates initially and rising progressively over time; repayments are in nominal terms and the rate of interest charged is only 1 per cent.

Have a read: Student loans in Thailand (English Language)

Edited by vinny

My wife, who now lives in Blighty with me has a considerable education loan (up to univerity standard). we are planning to return to Thailand at some pint and are a bit worried about her loan and how it will affect us and her family .

Try www.studentloan.ktb.co.th.

Thai language.

The Civil Service Commission will sell up the guarantors if they can't pay. The debt will not be forgotten.

In general, if she has completed her education, then she should really pay back her loans. If she does not, then her guarantor (parents?) will have to pay them.

If she pays back in full, out of Thailand loans will be calculated at the current exchange rates.

She should read the conditions of her loan. It may be that her loan repayment conditions are extremely generous, implying an extensive loan subsidy. Example: Repayments are spread over 15 years following a two-year grace period, with the repayment percentage fixed at very low rates initially and rising progressively over time; repayments are in nominal terms and the rate of interest charged is only 1 per cent.

Thanks a lot the site was quite helpful. We have decided to start paying the loan as we don't want to burden her parentsi.e have their land confiscated. Any ideas about how to get the figures we need? do you think we should get in touch with the Thai embassy in Britain

Thanks a lot the site was quite helpful. We have decided to start paying the loan as we don't want to burden her parentsi.e have their land confiscated. Any ideas about how to get the figures we need? do you think we should get in touch with the Thai embassy in Britain

Contact the Education Counsellor at the Embassy.

I was a scholarship student.

I know that very well.

If u got 3MilB from Gov. After educated from university and u wanna leave U must to pay 9 MilB. back to gov.

But If u attend to work for Gov. As u spent time for education 5 years U must to work for Gov. 10 years.(Normally all who got scholarship must to work for)

If u r not educated but u spend their money. You pay triple and became the looser in the organization