Police Offcials Meet To Tackle Jet-Ski Problems

Top police officials on the island and representatives from concerned agencies met recently to address the jet-ski problem.

Foreign governments, including those of the UK and Australia, had complained to Thailand before about jet-ski operators charging exorbitant damage claims for minor or even imagined damage to their sea-craft.

more here - http://www.samuiexpr...et-ski-problems

Edited by Rooo
Fair use.

to be honest , never had or even seen problems with jet ski's on samui, not like there brothers in Phuket and Pattaya, but nice to see them address a potential problem before it can spiral out of control

I can understand the difficulty in solving the problem as the jet ski scammers can be difficult to find, as they are so clever and cunning

Not quite so simple. Everytime BiB approach they simply get on theirs Skis and scoot out into the ocean,laughing and cruelly taunting the helpless BiB stuck on the beach. The BiB did once try renting other jetskis to pursue them, with somewhat predictable results.

I can understand the difficulty in solving the problem as the jet ski scammers can be difficult to find, as they are so clever and cunning

Not quite so simple. Everytime BiB approach they simply get on theirs Skis and scoot out into the ocean,laughing and cruelly taunting the helpless BiB stuck on the beach. The BiB did once try renting other jetskis to pursue them, with somewhat predictable results.

Skin tight pants tighened up in the sea water?

Duh! They had to pay for damages when they got back...

But yes, their pants shrunk too!

Duh! They had to pay for damages when they got back...

But yes, their pants shrunk too!

Was a senior officer available to negotiate the payment?

Thai police could try upholding the XXXXXX law for a change, maybe Jet Ski operators would wise up after one of them got banged up for 6 months for assaulting a tourist.

Edited by Rooo
Profanity removed.

maybe instead of calling the police when have a problem with the jet skis we should call our embassy's. I really do not know how they can put pressure on the Thais to do things the way we want them done.

My advise is do not rent them. Then they shall have no business and no customers to bash up. they shall have to move on to som eother petty crime. maybe something like drug dealing where they might meet their 99 year sentence

as far a scamming gos. A scam where u can extort several thousand pounds out of someone and not get into trouble seems like a very porfatable and safe business for criminals.

Shame really the demade for renting jet skis is high because they are fun. if people felt safe on them i bet they would make more le-git money.

pure GREED!

Edited by BigC

maybe instead of calling the police when have a problem with the jet skis we should call our embassy's. I really do not know how they can put pressure on the Thais to do things the way we want them done.

My advise is do not rent them. Then they shall have no business and no customers to bash up. they shall have to move on to som eother petty crime. maybe something like drug dealing where they might meet their 99 year sentence

as far a scamming gos. A scam where u can extort several thousand pounds out of someone and not get into trouble seems like a very porfatable and safe business for criminals.

Shame really the demade for renting jet skis is high because they are fun. if people felt safe on them i bet they would make more le-git money.

pure GREED!

pure GREED!

In Pattaya the police is on on the scam, you can't pull off this kind of scam with so much money involved without cover from higher up.

That's also the problem, there are too many people involved that get their share from this very lucrative scam, why would they put any effort in to stop this. Too much money involved.

It would be great if this can be stopped though, but it will be a while before something wil bear effect.

I have to say I find this report pretty hilarious. I mean, the indignant police, coming to the aid of the tourists? Whatever next?

The only reason they are saying anything at all is to ensure that more of the 'negotiated settlements' get carried out in their presence!!