Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I can predict with some certainty that the Hawks wont win 2 in a row, Dees will pick up 6 to 10 wins Carlton will make the eight on there own merit, Geelong are on the downhill slide and the woods right behind them, Saints are cellar dwellers with GWS and the Bulldogs, Port will sit about were they are North to move up a few notches eagles to sit mid table Freo to sit one or two.

The eight wont change to much but do expect the Crows to threaten as the Tigers.

That's my 2 cents worth and Im well known for being a lousey judge.

I can predict with some certainty that the Hawks wont win 2 in a row, Dees will pick up 6 to 10 wins Carlton will make the eight on there own merit, Geelong are on the downhill slide and the woods right behind them, Saints are cellar dwellers with GWS and the Bulldogs, Port will sit about were they are North to move up a few notches eagles to sit mid table Freo to sit one or two.

The eight wont change to much but do expect the Crows to threaten as the Tigers.

Melbourne 6 to 10 wins. if they pull 10 they could be knocking on the door of the finals, umm doubt it very much Roos may be good but not that good in his 1st year. I will give Melbourne 5 tops and that is 2 against GWS.

My bottom 4 from 15 to 18 are Brisbane, St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS. Gold Coast and the Dogs will be the big improvers but will miss the 8

9th to 14th I predict a logjam with the new fixturing system they have planned. Top 4 will be Freo, Hawks, Port and Sydney with the with the other 4 making up the 8 being Geelong, Essendon (if players escape suspensions) Adelaide and Richmond.

2014 is going to be a tight and hard fight with 11 wins getting you in the finals and a tippers nightmare,

• Like 1

My bottom 4 from 15 to 18 are Brisbane, St Kilda, Melbourne and GWS. Gold Coast and the Dogs will be the big improvers but will miss the 8

Groan...

I don't think Brisbane can afford another year of disappointment. Their attendances are low enough as they are, GCFC having pulled away a substantial support base.

There's conflict in the club and the AFL have told them to sort it out or there'll be no money for their football department, but I think this will be sorted. The club's in a much better position overall than it was in 2010 before the review.

If new coach Justin Leppitch can regain player morale (knocked a bit by the Voss-Roos fiasco) and make best use of his experience as an assistant then the Lions could shift up a gear.

There was markedly more enthusiasm and confidence among players and supporters in the second half of the season. There's some momentum to take in to 2014. I think the bottom 4 is too pessimistic.

Melbourne 6 to 10 wins. if they pull 10 they could be knocking on the door of the finals, umm doubt it very much Roos may be good but not that good in his 1st year. I will give Melbourne 5 tops and that is 2 against GWS.

9th to 14th I predict a logjam with the new fixturing system they have planned. Top 4 will be Freo, Hawks, Port and Sydney with the with the other 4 making up the 8 being Geelong, Essendon (if players escape suspensions) Adelaide and Richmond.

2014 is going to be a tight and hard fight with 11 wins getting you in the finals and a tippers nightmare,

Chooka! it is not beyond the Dees to pick up 6 to 10 wins next season, everyone and I mean everyone thinks were a pack of duds, the truth is they do have Dawks and wops forgotten his name since hes been out more than in that guy from Brisbane, both signings were top of the class both seasons, both can ruck and both can kick 3 or 4 goals a game.

On top of that we do have a host players who were high draft picks, now we finally have an experienced coach who will bring in a few good experienced players unlike the last guy, Roos will make them accountable and make them play im guessing pretty much like the Swans.

Unlike The Saints we have tons of classy youth Roos will blend it with a few experienced guys.

Roos and it was reported in the age about 4 weeks before his announcement said that the Dees had quite a lot of raw talent for want of a better word even going to the point of putting it down on paper a goal to goal line he liked. And with Brisbane circling he chose the Dees and they you would think would have a far superior batch of players.

Sure we under preformed and have been for years, firstly it was Baily pretty much decimated the team within two seasons, for the life of me he took over a team that had been playing finals and cut 90% of the experience first year and the final 10% the second, im still dark on that, how he could cut White, MacDonald and the like still riles me, then on top of it he got us to play a sth aussie style of footy that looks great when your winning but put a bit of pressure on and you buckle, Sheedy was sitting there but they choose Baily blink.png

Then they sign whats his name...see he is forgotten already, well as a woods assistant he was highly regarded but so was Baily...the writing was on the wall in the first game of the season against Brisbane, how the hell could you loose? A game that was dedicated to Jim Stynes...the first quarter was magnificent then the following 3 quarters was pretty much the rubbish we got served up over the next 2 seasons.

The club has been mismanaged for sure, the former CO was on a power trip and set the management side up so he wouldn't get the bullet again, yes he had been sacked from Demon land once before, everyone answered to him and only he spoke to the board. Poor jimmy got ill and died and that may have saved his name, the club at one point was more concerned with debt demolition than winning games, and mate all that shit flows on to coaches and playing staff.

New broom with real professionals at the helm, not predicting we will make the finals just 6 to 10 wins.

Groan...

I don't think Brisbane can afford another year of disappointment. Their attendances are low enough as they are, GCFC having pulled away a substantial support base.

There's conflict in the club and the AFL have told them to sort it out or there'll be no money for their football department, but I think this will be sorted. The club's in a much better position overall than it was in 2010 before the review.

If new coach Justin Leppitch can regain player morale (knocked a bit by the Voss-Roos fiasco) and make best use of his experience as an assistant then the Lions could shift up a gear.

There was markedly more enthusiasm and confidence among players and supporters in the second half of the season. There's some momentum to take in to 2014. I think the bottom 4 is too pessimistic.

I also wonder how much GC having Ablett has helped them win over supporters?

Brissie is still averaging 21,000 spectators per home game. During their premierships they were averaging around 30,000. Peaked after that around 33,000 per home game

GC is averaging 14,000 per home game

Chooka! it is not beyond the Dees to pick up 6 to 10 wins next season, everyone and I mean everyone thinks were a pack of duds, the truth is they do have Dawks and wops forgotten his name since hes been out more than in that guy from Brisbane, both signings were top of the class both seasons, both can ruck and both can kick 3 or 4 goals a game.

On top of that we do have a host players who were high draft picks, now we finally have an experienced coach who will bring in a few good experienced players unlike the last guy, Roos will make them accountable and make them play im guessing pretty much like the Swans.

Unlike The Saints we have tons of classy youth Roos will blend it with a few experienced guys.

Roos and it was reported in the age about 4 weeks before his announcement said that the Dees had quite a lot of raw talent for want of a better word even going to the point of putting it down on paper a goal to goal line he liked. And with Brisbane circling he chose the Dees and they you would think would have a far superior batch of players.

Sure we under preformed and have been for years, firstly it was Baily pretty much decimated the team within two seasons, for the life of me he took over a team that had been playing finals and cut 90% of the experience first year and the final 10% the second, im still dark on that, how he could cut White, MacDonald and the like still riles me, then on top of it he got us to play a sth aussie style of footy that looks great when your winning but put a bit of pressure on and you buckle, Sheedy was sitting there but they choose Baily blink.png

Then they sign whats his name...see he is forgotten already, well as a woods assistant he was highly regarded but so was Baily...the writing was on the wall in the first game of the season against Brisbane, how the hell could you loose? A game that was dedicated to Jim Stynes...the first quarter was magnificent then the following 3 quarters was pretty much the rubbish we got served up over the next 2 seasons.

The club has been mismanaged for sure, the former CO was on a power trip and set the management side up so he wouldn't get the bullet again, yes he had been sacked from Demon land once before, everyone answered to him and only he spoke to the board. Poor jimmy got ill and died and that may have saved his name, the club at one point was more concerned with debt demolition than winning games, and mate all that shit flows on to coaches and playing staff.

New broom with real professionals at the helm, not predicting we will make the finals just 6 to 10 wins.

I'm with chooka on this one. I don't think Melbourne have got a chance in hell of getting 10 wins. Maybe 5 or 6 and IMO

that would be a good season. Again, the draw might give you 2 or 3 lay downs but I don't expect there will be that many

gimme's this year as GWS should improve and WB's and St's are/were competitive.

There's a huge difference between 6 and 10 wins.

Dawes has the turning circle of the QE2 and Mitch Clarke seems to be injury prone.

Roo's will add credibility but it will be interesting to see if he's the Messiah that a lot of people are making him out to be.

Bottom line is that Melbourne should improve with a decent coach and another high draft pick, whether that equates to

10 wins is highly doubtful.

• Like 2

Is this likely to happen?

Mumford goes to Hawthorn and Buddy comes to Sydney?

Hmmm... I like the way your thinking BM... Not that losing Jesse White and Mummy frees up enough in the salary cap... Although... Maybe... Just maybe...

Bolton has retired this year...so that has freed some money up..

Mitch Morton also...few more pennies saved

I'm with chooka on this one. I don't think Melbourne have got a chance in hell of getting 10 wins. Maybe 5 or 6 and IMO

that would be a good season. Again, the draw might give you 2 or 3 lay downs but I don't expect there will be that many

gimme's this year as GWS should improve and WB's and St's are/were competitive.

There's a huge difference between 6 and 10 wins.

Dawes has the turning circle of the QE2 and Mitch Clarke seems to be injury prone.

Roo's will add credibility but it will be interesting to see if he's the Messiah that a lot of people are making him out to be.

Bottom line is that Melbourne should improve with a decent coach and another high draft pick, whether that equates to

10 wins is highly doubtful.

This year

Calrton - 11 wns

Brisbane - 10 wins

Adelaide - 10 wins

North - 10 wins

St Kilda - 5 wins

Melbourne could get 6 wins next year, depending on the draw and who they pick up in trades and the draft. At the least they should have vastly improved competitiveness. They have some okay young players, just this year they had no direction. Expect some of the list to start firing next year. I think Roos will be going back to basics for some of the players and looking at some recruitment for the future.

Heath Shaw to Sydney, White to Collingwood. Straight swap, no compo picks...

GWS either trades Sydney some 1st round drafty's or gets sweet f*** all...

tongue.png

We could use Heath Shaw, but i don't think it will happen. We need another solid old head to help down back

Sydney has made a bid to steal Lance Franklin at the last minute

News Limited can reveal that the move, which will stun the AFL world and enrage Melbourne clubs, involves a five-year, $1.4m per season to lure Franklin to the 2012 premiers.

Franklin won his second premiership with the Hawks on Saturday but the superstar’s transfer to the AFL’s newest franchise, GWS, has been widely reported as a certainty all season.

The Hawks have cobbled together $1.1m a year to entice the goalkicking sensation to stay. and while the Swans’ 11th hour offer is left in the shade by the Giants’ $2m a season deal, there are a host of reasons that could win over Franklin.

Read Full Article Here

• Like 1

GWS will give up 1st draft selection for an experienced campaigner, Dees will give up 2cd draft selection for a midfielder, Swans 7 million 5 year deal hunts Franklin, North thinks it can land Dal Santo and not giving up on Betts.

Sumich white hot for Eagles job.

Bombers active especially in late bid for tiger Maritn but to much damage done and people responsible haven't been chopped no one wants to go there by the looks.

No 1 draft prospect Tom Boyd, 199cm 100kgs ready made key position player up for grabs if you can satisfy GWS, Dees don't need him Jess Hogan is expected to be a gun too young to play this year, the other two clubs in need are The saints and The Bulldogs but do they and can they afford to trade? Hawks with expected loss of Franklin? would fit in well im sure and could easily trade a quality player and hardly notice.

On all accounts Boyd will be a megastar any takers?

GWS will give up 1st draft selection for an experienced campaigner, Dees will give up 2cd draft selection for a midfielder, Swans 7 million 5 year deal hunts Franklin, North thinks it can land Dal Santo and not giving up on Betts.

Bombers active especially in late bid for tiger Maritn but to much damage done and people responsible haven't been chopped no one wants to go there by the looks.

No 1 draft prospect Tom Boyd, 199cm 100kgs ready made key position player up for grabs if you can satisfy GWS, Dees don't need him Jess Hogan is expected to be a gun too young to play this year, the other two clubs in need are The saints and The Bulldogs but do they and can they afford to trade? Hawks with expected loss of Franklin? would fit in well im sure and could easily trade a quality player and hardly notice.

There is some interesting moves on the table.

Listening to 3AW online for the footy. Collingwood supporter called in to complain about Sydney offering Buddy a contract. Unfair advantage because of the 9-10% extra they get under the cap.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

whats 900,000$ extra? really? just look around half the trades being done are by guys wanting to go home to there home states, well that's the excuse there using, I recon Sydney and Brisbane should be getting an extra 2 million, hard work trying to keep guys up there.

I keep saying it time the AFL looked at ways of making more winners, soccer and American sports have good systems, 18 clubs and ONLY one winnerblink.png

whats 900,000$ extra? really? just look around half the trades being done are by guys wanting to go home to there home states, well that's the excuse there using, I recon Sydney and Brisbane should be getting an extra 2 million, hard work trying to keep guys up there.

I keep saying it time the AFL looked at ways of making more winners, soccer and American sports have good systems, 18 clubs and ONLY one winnerblink.png

DO you mean like having two conferences and/or several competitions?

Dustin Martin has signed a two yr contract with the Tigers. http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/dustin-martin-has-re-signed-with-richmond/story-e6frfkp9-1226729958590

The Saints have stated that are in the best position for the draft since 2002 and they definitely will not be giving up rds 1 & 2 in the draft. They have a huge surplus in their salary cap with the retiring and delisting of 6 players and Dal Santo to move on (7). Ahmed Saad (8) (depending on 2 yr susp) and 3 more to be finalised ahead of the draft giving a total of 11.

Dal Santo is actively involved in the current planning of the team structure and has publically stated he would like to stay but will move on for the future of the club and his club of choice in Nth Melb.

North Melbourne closing in on Nick Dal Santo

The Kangaroos think they are well in front of Essendon in their bid to secure Dal Santo.

With Dal Santo on a hefty wage, the Saints could then be given a first-round pick as compensation.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/north-melbourne-closing-in-on-nick-dal-santo-who-could-move-as-a-free-agent/story-fn69a32t-1226730226682

Tom Boyd would be an asset to any club and is touted as the next Nick Riewoldt with his height, strong marking, speed and endurance and would be a great replacement for Nick who will probably retire at the end of 2014. GWS are asking from St Kilda a package including pick 3 and Jack Steven. With Lenny Hayes one more year and Montagna 2 years giving up Jack Steven who in just his 2nd yr at senior level is shaping up to be an elite mid fielder would totally gut the teams mid field. The difference B/W pick 1 and 3 is not that great and as such Boyd would be to expensive for the saints.

There is some interesting moves on the table.

Listening to 3AW online for the footy. Collingwood supporter called in to complain about Sydney offering Buddy a contract. Unfair advantage because of the 9-10% extra they get under the cap.

BREAKING NEWS

BUDDY HAS JUST ACCEPTED AN OFFER FROM THE SWANS AND WILL BE IN THE RED AND WHITE NEXT YEAR.................. 7 Million dollar deal.

I guess GWS will now be taking Boyd off the table now that Buddy is to be a Swan.

Edited by chooka

Lance Franklin to the Swans: GWS
Posted by: Ned Franklin | 1 October, 2013 - 12:46 PM

AFL superstar Lance 'Buddy' Franklin is set to join the Sydney Swans, according to the Greater Western Sydney Giants.

Just past midday, the official GWS twitter account posted a tweet saying they have withdrawn their offer to Franklin on advice that he will sign with the Swans.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/lance-franklin-to-the-swans-gws/20131001-2upvh.html

• Like 1

Lance Franklin to the Swans: GWS

Posted by: Ned Franklin | 1 October, 2013 - 12:46 PM

AFL superstar Lance 'Buddy' Franklin is set to join the Sydney Swans, according to the Greater Western Sydney Giants.

Just past midday, the official GWS twitter account posted a tweet saying they have withdrawn their offer to Franklin on advice that he will sign with the Swans.

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-football-blog/lance-franklin-to-the-swans-gws/20131001-2upvh.html

YOU LITTLE F*#$ING BEAUTY !!!

That is unbelievable news..

Swannies once again sneak a big full forward

Lockett

Hall

Tippett

Franklin

Edited by BookMan