Australian Rules Football For The Aussies In Thai

I can't see how he could possibly play under the circumstances!

The crowd will go beserk everytime he goes near the ball, it could end in chaos.

Latest news Croc...St Kilda has stood him down for now

Indefinately but is still a listed player. If the trial is going to run for awhile I think Milney should retire which will free up the salary cap.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

THE number of AFL players earning more than $1 million rocketed to a record eight last year.

The highest number of million-dollar-earners previously was two in 2008 and 2011.

AFL figures released yesterday revealed the dramatic rise in player salaries on the back of the league's expansion and record broadcast rights deal.

The AFL did not release the names of the eight players, although champion midfielder and Gold Coast captain Gary Ablett, Saints' skipper Nick Riewoldt and Greater Western Sydney midfielder Tom Scully are believed to be among the top earners.

One AFL player agent suggested heavily front-ended contracts could have propelled the GWS co-captains, Callan Ward and Phil Davis, into the top bracket.

Lance Franklin, Chris Judd, Matthew Pavlich and Adam Goodes were other players tipped to be among the leading earners.

Code-jumper Israel Folau, who quit GWS in November after just 13 games and one season in the AFL, was also reported to be one of the league's biggest earners last year.

But the AFL said only match payments and ASA agreements were included in the figures and not third-party arrangements.

The figures, which will be included in the AFL's 2012 annual report, also showed that 111 players earned more than $400,000 last year.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-afl-players-earning-more-than-1-million/story-e6frf9jf-1226562148154

Interesting stat....111 players earning more than 400k a year

Edited by BookMan

Milne will return: Saints avert player rebellion

St Kilda has thwarted a potential player rebellion by assuring its senior group that it had every intention of clearing Stephen Milne to play, potentially within the next four weeks.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/milne-will-return-saints-avert-player-rebellion-20130620-2olfk.html#ixzz2WlPGwYEp

St Kilda has thwarted a potential player rebellion by assuring its senior group that it had every intention of clearing Stephen Milne to play, potentially within the next four weeks.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/milne-will-return-saints-avert-player-rebellion-20130620-2olfk.html#ixzz2WlPGwYEp

The plot thickens...

Further reporting...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/milne-likely-to-play-before-case-resolved-demetriou-20130621-2omlk.html

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou has said it is "highly likely" that Stephen Milne will resume playing for St Kilda before his rape charges are resolved.

Milne has been placed on indefinite leave by the club, but Fairfax Media reported on Friday that the Saints avoided the threat of a player revolt by assuring its senior group that it had every intention of clearing Milne to play, possibly within the next four weeks.

The league chief said while it is appropriate that Milne take a "pause", Demetriou added it would be "unjust" if he were restrained from playing in the longer term.

Advertisement

"I think it's appropriate that he's not playing this week but at a point in time, he - like any other individual in this country - is entitled to have a say and go through a proper process to have a criminal matter heard and he's entitled to a presumption of innocence," Demetriou said on ABC radio on Friday morning.

Demetriou said there were "several reasons", however, why Milne should not play this week.

"It's appropriate to have a pause out of respect for everyone involved in the situation. Particularly the woman.

Further reporting...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/milne-likely-to-play-before-case-resolved-demetriou-20130621-2omlk.html

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou has said it is "highly likely" that Stephen Milne will resume playing for St Kilda before his rape charges are resolved.

Milne has been placed on indefinite leave by the club, but Fairfax Media reported on Friday that the Saints avoided the threat of a player revolt by assuring its senior group that it had every intention of clearing Milne to play, possibly within the next four weeks.

The league chief said while it is appropriate that Milne take a "pause", Demetriou added it would be "unjust" if he were restrained from playing in the longer term.

Advertisement

"I think it's appropriate that he's not playing this week but at a point in time, he - like any other individual in this country - is entitled to have a say and go through a proper process to have a criminal matter heard and he's entitled to a presumption of innocence," Demetriou said on ABC radio on Friday morning.

Demetriou said there were "several reasons", however, why Milne should not play this week.

"It's appropriate to have a pause out of respect for everyone involved in the situation. Particularly the woman.

What a lot of wa#k Demetriou.

• Like 2

The plot thickens...

Saints players have very little respect for Scott Waters as it is, when the club suspended Milne (without guilt of any wrongdoing) they weren't happy. There are rumours that the 5 on the free agency list were threatening to leave the club. The AFL aka Andrew Demetriou brought pressure on the Saints to drop him permanently because next week is the "Women's Round" and they don't want flak from women's groups.

• Like 1

The plot thickens...

As of 11 a.m this morning AEST, Milne is back at the club and resumed full training, expected to play in round 15 after the women's round. Well done to the playing group for bring pressure on the AFL and standing by their team mate.

For anyone that's interested, AFL Live has a special offer going that offers all games this weekend only for free

at http://afltv.afl.com.au/.If you already have had an account before just log in an click on the free offer.If you

haven't an account,it's a simple matter to open one with no obligation just for the weekend.The free offer is not

available if you have already piad up for this year.

To access Round 13 on AFLTV simply visit afltv.afl.com.au and select the 'Free Weekend Pass' option.

Once the 'Free Weekend Pass' has been selected simply register as a new user or login using your email address and password. If you no longer have this password then simply use the forgotten password option on the site to have it emailed to you.

Edited by Ron19
  • Like 2

This week Ron, Bookman, Gaz and myself have all tipped the same

Hawthorn

Swans

St Kilda

Richmond

Fremantle

Collingwood

Ckooka has only one different He has selected Bulldogs to beat Richmond.

No tips from Foz

We all have one correct after tonight win by Hawthorn. West Coast played a good game and only went down by 20 points.

Swans got hammered by Port this afternoon.

Wet conditions, but the Swans just could not get going. Port kept the pressure up all game and hammered Sydney on inside 50s. I haven't seen the stats on turnovers but that must have favoured Port also.

How Sydney was even still in the game at the start of the 3rd Q is a mystery really.

• Like 1

Wet conditions, but the Swans just could not get going. Port kept the pressure up all game and hammered Sydney on inside 50s. I haven't seen the stats on turnovers but that must have favoured Port also.

How Sydney was even still in the game at the start of the 3rd Q is a mystery really.

How Port was won the game is the real mystery!

And thats coming from a Port fan.

How Port was won the game is the real mystery!

And thats coming from a Port fan.

Port just played better. Constant pressure. They did to Sydney what the Swans usually do to other teams. This time though the pressure was maintained throughout the game and the Swans just couldn't get their own game together Scores from turnovers were 60 points to 3. Swans could not hold a mark down back due to pressure, Port seemed to be able to hold marks and rebound quickly, providing space around and inside the 50.

Whereas the swans normally fluid handballing under pressure broke down, Port was able to maintain theirs in the crucial 4th quarter. SYdney certainly missed Jettas running out wide. Daniel Hannebery was shut down by Kane Cornes.

From memory Hannebery took 2 marks in the game, the second one he offloaded a kick which went to a Port Player, two Swans missed the tackle, and lead to a goal.

For Sydney, next week against Carlton will show where they are at and if this was some time of aberration

Port have a new fitness coach as well and he must be doing something right.

In the games they won against Syd, Ade and WCE, they stormed home in

the last quarter and over-ran the opposition.

As long as Syd smash Carlton (Malthouse) next week and WC beat Esseondon,

I'll be a happy man.

BTW, what does everybody think about the bye being spread over 3 weeks?

Personally, I think there should just be a mid-season bye where everyone has the

week off. I know they won't do it because of TV rights and revenue, but I think it's fairer.

Also, there's been some ordinary games some weeks due to it.

Regards

Will

Personally, I think there should just be a mid-season bye where everyone has the

week off. I know they won't do it because of TV rights and revenue, but I think it's fairer.

Regards

Will

From a viewer perspective I like it because it means there is at least 6 games a weekend w00t.gif

You have hit it on the head when you say it is about TV rights and revenue though.

Regards

Will

From a viewer perspective I like it because it means there is at least 6 games a weekend w00t.gif

You have hit it on the head when you say it is about TV rights and revenue though.

Personally I don't mind it myself but you are certainly right about the TV rights and revenue.

Brisbane beat Geelong!!!

Goal after the siren.

Eight goals in the last quarter.

38 points down at the last break, 8th biggest comeback of all time.

A great win. At one stage they were down by 52 points. Haven't seen Michael Voss smile like he did for a long time.

Only six games this weekend with 2 big upset.

Brisbane beat Geelong!!!

Goal after the siren.

A great win. At one stage they were down by 52 points. Haven't seen Michael Voss smile like he did for a long time.

I just caught up on that. I didn't even bother listening to or watching the game, I thought it wouldn't be worth it.

Topsy turvy competition for this time of the year!

SHould make next weeks tipping most interesting

Brisbane beat Geelong!!!

Goal after the siren.

I just caught up on that. I didn't even bother listening to or watching the game, I thought it wouldn't be worth it.

Topsy turvy competition for this time of the year!

SHould make next weeks tipping most interesting

Brisbanes run of goals started when a Geelong kick hit an umpire and bounced back to a Brissie player who goaled.

They didn't look back from there.