Fremantle

Sydney

Geelong

Pt Adelaide

Hawthorn

Nth Melbourne

West Coast

Just the Port Bulldogs game different this week Ron
I think it's a toss of the coin,either one could win.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Some more info on Tom Mitchell, making his debut for the Swans this week

The son of former Swans best and fairest winner Barry Mitchell has an amazing SuperCoach pedigree stemming from a standout junior career.

He averaged 176 SuperCoach points in three games for Western Australia's 2009 under 16 team and 140 points in two under 18 games two years later.

He was equally prolific for Claremont in the WAFL Colts in 2011, averaging 160 points in his four outings.

In eight games for the Swans reserves in the NEAFL last year he averaged 110 points from 26.6 possessions and in seven games so far this year those averages have risen to 132 and 32.

But here's why it is now impossible for Sydney coach John Longmire to ignore the midfielder.

S

In the past three weeks he has had possession tallies of 25, 52 and 56 and SuperCoach hauls of 149, 196 and that mammoth 237.

Say what you want about the competitiveness of the NEAFL, but those numbers are staggering.

Wherever he has played he has simply accumulated.Sydney officials - and SuperCoaches - can only hope he does the same in the AFL, starting with tomorrow's Essendon clash.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/supercoach-monster-tom-mitchell-to-play-first-afl-game/story-fni5f3gz-1226653970149

Garry Lyon says sorry to Stephen Milne on behalf of The Footy Show

The photo of that blonde haired woman fan leaning over the fence is a classic.

I have to say, personally, I have never believed in abusing players from the grandstand or on the field when the abuse is of a personal basis, that being, their sexuality, their skin color, personal physical/character traits. It is all nasty stuff when done from the field or beyond the fence.

Of course I have no problem commenting on any aspect of their play that i dont like, usually in an opposing team , when the player is too good. or from my own team when the player does the same mistake again and again. I think that is fair enough, if it is about the players AFL prowess and what is happening on the field.

I have to say, personally, I have never believed in abusing players from the grandstand or on the field when the abuse is of a personal basis, that being, their sexuality, their skin color, personal physical/character traits. It is all nasty stuff when done from the field or beyond the fence.

Of course I have no problem commenting on any aspect of their play that i dont like, usually in an opposing team , when the player is too good. or from my own team when the player does the same mistake again and again. I think that is fair enough, if it is about the players AFL prowess and what is happening on the field.

A good footy fan will recognise a champion player no matter who he plays for. You may not like him playing against your side but if performs an act of brilliance against your side a true fan will applaud it instead of booing him.

A good footy fan will recognise a champion player no matter who he plays for. You may not like him playing against your side but if performs an act of brilliance against your side a true fan will applaud it instead of booing him.

Yeah true. i thought Buddy was going to blow the Swans away in last years Grand Final. In full flight he is amazing to watch.

• Like 1

Ok, Eddie Maguire. You either love him or love to hate him. If your the latter, usually means your not a Collingwood fan. Personally he annoys the hell outta me but that's the Aussie way, if you get too big for your boots in this country, Aussies will chop you down to size. We are a harsh bunch! But, Maguire bypassed all this with one sentence. Ed, mate, you've really gone and done it now. If I were a betting man, money would be on he's gone. He has to. As a club president you can't go round assimilating black players with King Kong. Although, it is ok to assimilate Cameron Ling with an orangutan. True?

So, should Ed stay or go?

Punishment he deserves?

Over to you.....

Ok, Eddie Maguire. You either love him or love to hate him. If your the latter, usually means your not a Collingwood fan. Personally he annoys the hell outta me but that's the Aussie way, if you get too big for your boots in this country, Aussies will chop you down to size. We are a harsh bunch! But, Maguire bypassed all this with one sentence. Ed, mate, you've really gone and done it now. If I were a betting man, money would be on he's gone. He has to. As a club president you can't go round assimilating black players with King Kong. Although, it is ok to assimilate Cameron Ling with an orangutan. True?

Punishment he deserves?

Over to you.....

Eddie gonebiggrin.png

Eddies going nowhere. He's an untouchable.

The AFL CEO was defending him as soon as he said it.

I don't mind Ed but he made a bad blue.

He's probably get a fine at most.

Let's all move on methinks.

That sign that the blonde haired woman is holding up is obscured.

Does it say "Go Pies" or "Meat Pies"biggrin.png

• Like 1

Furthermore, untouchable?? That's bs.

Sorry if I've offended you and your club president!

Mate

I'm a West Coast Eagle supporter.

I still stand by my statement that Ed will get a slap on the wrist.

The Collingwood board have backed him as has the AFL CEO.

Ed is too powerful a figure to get too much grief.

Like I said, fine him and move on.

What do you think will happen to him? Not what you hope.

Regards

Will

Edited by Will27
  • Like 1

Punishment he deserves?

Over to you.....

Eddie gonebiggrin.png

Eddies going nowhere. He's an untouchable.

The AFL CEO was defending him as soon as he said it.

I don't mind Ed but he made a bad blue.

He's probably get a fine at most.

Let's all move on methinks.

Id have to agree with Will.

The comment was inappropriate, there can be no disputing that. It is not about being politically correct in any way at all. It is simply about giving respect to a person, a player and in this case one of the games greatest current players , Goodes. Any comment comparing players to apes or gorillas is just a method of trying to devalue the worth of that particular player.

To be fair to Eddie, and I am not a big fan, I think it is likely it was said by himself because he was either tired, or was trying to multi task, which meant he was not thinking clearly and made a blunder. His gaffe continued as he tried to remedy the situation and he put his foot in further.

Eddie though has too many powerful friends for him to be sacrificed so we can forget about that. He did apologise immediately and didn't try and back track too much. He is under an intense spotlight now and frankly more good can come out of him staying around than him going.

Edited by BookMan
  • Like 1

So on indigenous week, he called Goodes king Kong! Jeez, what message does that send

It sends a poor message calling him that, but it has brought the matter into the spotlight and debate is happening, that is the important thing.

He will cop a big fine and have to do a course, but the comment will hang over him and for a man like Eddie that will grate.

He handled the issue with the spectator quickly and he has responded here quickly.

• Like 1

Furthermore, untouchable?? That's bs.

Sorry if I've offended you and your club president!

Mate

I'm a West Coast Eagle supporter.

I still stand by my statement that Ed will get a slap on the wrist.

The Collingwood board have backed him as has the AFL CEO.

Ed is too powerful a figure to get too much grief.

Like I said, fine him and move on.

What do you think will happen to him? Not what you hope.

Regards

Will

True Eddie did offer to step down from the Presidency and media work but has had the backing to stay on.

An interesting article by Andrew Bolt in the Herald Sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/end-this-disgrace-and-get-on-with-the-game-of-footy/story-fni0ffxg-1226653250191

He thinks we should scrap the Indigenous Round as it "encourages people to divide the world into a white "us" and an Aboriginal "them".

Food for thought methinks.

Will27

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/end-this-disgrace-and-get-on-with-the-game-of-footy/story-fni0ffxg-1226653250191

He thinks we should scrap the Indigenous Round as it "encourages people to divide the world into a white "us" and an Aboriginal "them".

Will27

Will27, Andrew Bolt is not a fan of anything Aboriginal. I consider him to have an abnormal obsession with the subject in fact.

In the article you link the main thrust of the article is really an attack against Adam goodes bullying the poor 12 year old Collingwood supporter, subtly trying to blame him for identifying her. Absurd stuff.

The round does not divide whites against Aboriginals at all. Not even does it divide non-aboriginals against aboriginals. I mean lets not forget the millions of Australians who are not white anglo saxon or white European.

It is about celebrating aborginal players and their achievements. It is not about division. The AFL has other themed rounds, this is no different.

• Like 2

Will27

Lets see how the gay pride round goes next year.

Which players do you think will be coming out chooka?

Will27

Lets see how the gay pride round goes next year.

Which players do you think will be coming out chooka?

I have no idea really, all the topline players from each club seem to have wives and g/f's just look as they walk the red carpet on brownlow night. Who cares if they are playing well. Personally I don't think anyone will come out whilst they are playing. You can already see the racial abuse that goes on just imagine if someone comes out. The bogans in the crowd would have a field day.