Are There Any Younger Expats In Pattaya?

chops

I can't help but notice nobody is in my age grouping here. Seems like nobody is under 40 here in Pattaya. It feels sort of isolating living here. Not that I don't enjoy the company of the older generation though.

Me, I moved here when I was 28. I felt like the only one at the time to say the least.

It'a all relative...anyone under 60 is considered "young" by Pattaya standards.

My best advice to meet younger expats is to get into sports. All fun and friendly. There's a weekly Saturday floor ball meet looking for more players. All levels welcome. No experience necessary. Free to play and equipment provided.

post-151124-0-04909300-1332726278_thumb.

I see hundreds of younger expats every day I go outside around tukcom, in all the shopping malls, beach rd. etc. Guess you just have to make an effort to talk with some. Many are Russians of coursebut I think the younger generation of Russians are quite social.

It's true that Pattaya attracts more older folk for reasons already known however the youngers are out there.

It'a all relative...anyone under 60 is considered "young" by Pattaya standards.

My best advice to meet younger expats is to get into sports. All fun and friendly. There's a weekly Saturday floor ball meet looking for more players. All levels welcome. No experience necessary. Free to play and equipment provided.

http://www.thaivisa....every-saturday/

There's a Sunday softball meet-up as well...some of the younger guys and family guys hang there as well. Check Pattaya Sports Club or Google for meeting information. Also checkout the gay bars...some younger guys there as well.

you think it's bad now.. when I moved here in my late 20's fifteen or so yrs back it was like being an alien. Funnier still was being an expat in Singapore and Indo in my early 20's. Pattaya has always been a place for middle aged (and older) guys. It's only in the last few years that younger guys started to visit. In the past the younger guys ( like me in my 20's) mostly visited Koh Pha Gnan, Koh Chang, Tao and Samui as backpackers etc. Like another thread said previously you hardly ever saw families, expat wives or female tourists here.. It was just western blokes and their barfine.

• Like 1

I started coming here when I was 19, moved here permanently to live/work when I was 27. It's all relative but certainly nowadays I think that there are much more younger people here. Lots of guys working in O&G, security (Afghan, Iraq, Maritime) and those kind of jobs living here as well as teachers and the like. I tend to keep myself to myself as the pull of the night-life has long since lost it's attraction but still a great place to live.

Definitely a lot more younger folk here long term now. Plus a lot of younger folk who work in their home countries and take extended holidays here.

I see hundreds of younger expats every day I go outside around tukcom, in all the shopping malls, beach rd. etc. Guess you just have to make an effort to talk with some. Many are Russians of coursebut I think the younger generation of Russians are quite social.

Out and about in town I reckon it's not always easy to distinguish between expats and tourists in the to-and-fro.

But I'm pretty sure I'm seeing a young expat when I see him speaking apparently excellent Thai. I (in my early 60s) am very envious.

Don't see it that often though.