Road Rage

We've all suffered from it; either the receiving or the giving! Just the other day i was in the left lane and had a car who felt i was in his way. So he overtook me using the right lane which was free of traffic and swerved into the left lane at me. The strange thing was that i was following another car, so he would have only gained 2 meters or so. Maybe he thought i should have been using the shoulder lane, which had parked cars, slow bikes and lots of sand. More likely he was just a d-ickhead with a small penis, probably hyped up on something to help make him feel better about his many inadequacies. Maybe. laugh.png

This is a classic example captured on video in Brazil.

I still remember nearly getting rear-ended by a white Lexus SUV on the Bosang intersection. The lights were on amber so I slowed down expecting not to make it across as it turned red. The retard in the Lexus blew his horn and nearly hit me, good thing I was looking at one of the mirrors and moved aside otherwise I'd be in a lot of pain. He was blowing his horn at me as if it was my mistake (light goes yellow means slow down, in most civilized parts of the world doesn't it). I was furious and was about to take my helmet off and throw it at his windshield and thought of the practicalities of a biker chain. Then I remembered, I'm not in my own country., the driver probably had a gun (luxury car, special plates, arrogant attitude and all), and wise words from an old and wise Englishman who was a mentor to me of sorts, "Two wrongs don't make a right" In the end I just ignored the sorry excuse for a human being and waited for the light to turn green and then sped away.

Things would have probably gone differently if I was in my hometown though...

Here's a different take on the green light/red light scenario.

Many years a friend lived in the former Yugoslavia. Their impatience was immediately when the light went green they would honk their horns as if impatient for the cars in front to move.

Sometimes when hearing the horn he would get out of his LandRover, gesturing as if there was a question, and proceed to inspect all the tyres and light on the vehicle as if the horn blower was trying to warn him of something amiss. He said if he picked the right set of lights he could complete the task , get back in and drive away just as the light returned to red!

cheesy.gif

I think the MB rider in the thread is remarkably composed and while he obviously is clearly shocked at what has happened he makes right decision in breaking off and going back to his bike.

Not sure i could be that disciplined or composed.

Just the other day i was in the left lane and had a car who felt i was in his way. So he overtook me using the right lane which was free of traffic and swerved into the left lane at me. The strange thing was that i was following another car, so he would have only gained 2 meters or so. Maybe he thought i should have been using the shoulder lane, which had parked cars, slow bikes and lots of sand. More likely he was just a d-ickhead with a small penis, probably hyped up on something to help make him feel better about his many inadequacies. Maybe.

Many car drivers like to do this in Bangkok. I noticed exacly this situation many times on streets with only two lanes (one for each direction) . A car pushing me from behind, then overtaking me and forcing me to slow down and let him come back into the lane. If i don't slow down they would push me aside on the side lane (full of gravel, dirt, holes, ...). Very annoying and dangerous at speeds above 70kmh, but i guess we have to accept the fact that there will be more and more situations like this.

Not to get agressive is the most important rule. Agression is the most dangerous thing, as demonstrated in the video. The biker was lucky not to be crushed between two cars smile.png

BTW, I don't know if this is true but my barber told me they don't allow thais to drive motorcycles in Taiwan...

Ok as soon as that stick came out that would be enough for me.. in helmet , jacket and presumably gloves that would protect one against the idiot who whilst in the truck would have no leverage to hit hard and you could probably get the stick off him easily.. then stick the bloody thing where the sun dont shine

Video at 2:20

Their garbage. I throw it back in their window.

cheesy.gif

I like to watch thai people stopping with their pickup-trucks full loaded with garbage. Then throwing everything they do not need anymore onto the roadside. These guys i really want to put a stick into their ... angry.png

• Like 1

I think the MB rider in the thread is remarkably composed and while he obviously is clearly shocked at what has happened he makes right decision in breaking off and going back to his bike.

He started it by kicking the women's car! Obviously the women went too far in her response but who wouldn't be tempted to give him a bit of a nudge..wink.png

He started it by kicking the women's car! Obviously the women went too far in her response but who wouldn't be tempted to give him a bit of a nudge..wink.png

It's hard to tell, but in the first second or so of the vid it seems like she moves the car across to try and stop the bike from going between the cars. Also once the camera car catches up, you can see that her car is definitely not pointing straight, and it is a straight piece of road

Don't know how long you have been riding but you can look forward to many more situations like that, live and learn and keep your eyes peeled.

What the woman did trying to block him is a common thing on UK motorways where some drivers just don't like bike sailing through the jambs.

I dislike tailgaters when your in a situation having to wait before you can get away.

Ride to live. K.

Edited by Kwasaki

Just the other day i was in the left lane and had a car who felt i was in his way. So he overtook me using the right lane which was free of traffic and swerved into the left lane at me. The strange thing was that i was following another car, so he would have only gained 2 meters or so. Maybe he thought i should have been using the shoulder lane, which had parked cars, slow bikes and lots of sand. More likely he was just a d-ickhead with a small penis, probably hyped up on something to help make him feel better about his many inadequacies. Maybe.

Many car drivers like to do this in Bangkok. I noticed exacly this situation many times on streets with only two lanes (one for each direction) . A car pushing me from behind, then overtaking me and forcing me to slow down and let him come back into the lane. If i don't slow down they would push me aside on the side lane (full of gravel, dirt, holes, ...). Very annoying and dangerous at speeds above 70kmh, but i guess we have to accept the fact that there will be more and more situations like this.

Not to get agressive is the most important rule. Agression is the most dangerous thing, as demonstrated in the video. The biker was lucky not to be crushed between two cars smile.png

I was on a section of Sukhumvit that has 2 lanes going in the same direction! I must admit, that i saw red and started to chase him but then thought better of it, so i won for 2 reasons; i didn't react like an idiot and i was able to get ahead of him in the traffic!

You point about not getting aggressive is well made, it can only create more aggression and possible blood shed! And i hate the sight of blood; especially my own! I was driving down Sukhumvit in Pattaya a couple of years ago (still releatively new to riding a bike and driving in Thailand), 3-4 lanes. I saw a mini-van behind me weaving madly in and out of the traffic. I stayed in the left lane and he nearly ran me into the parked cars. Stupidly i gave chase got in front of him and gave the finger, he gave chase and got in front of me and stopped his van angled across 2 lanes to block me. I stopped and waited, he didn't get out of the van so i thought maybe he can't find his steel bar or gun. Discretion being the better part of valour, i turned the bike around and drove against the flow of traffic, knowing it was almost impossible for him to follow! These days, i don't react so much, and only if i am grumpy to start with!

Edited by taichiplanet

Don't know how long you have been riding but you can look forward to many more situations like that, live and learn and keep your eyes peeled.

What the woman did trying to block him is a common thing on UK motorways where some drivers just don't like bike sailing through the jambs.

I dislike tailgaters when your in a situation having to wait before you can get away.

Ride to live. K.

Speaking of tailgating...

Edited by RED21

Ride to live. K.

Speaking of tailgating...

car driver could have run over him as he was walking back to his bike ,big mistake turning your back on someone after just vandalising his car

when I see drivers on bikes or cars driving dangerously I do one of two things either get well ahead of them if possible or stay well behind, they are a danger to everyone around them, seen it many times on my travels here in LOS, sometimes I look at the antics of some car drivers and think - do they think they are on a bike, weaving in and out of traffic trying to force their way across lanes into spaces they don't fit, some of it is quite shocking

oculdnt tell if it was woman from video or are you relying on title ?? I may have missed something thoigh

I was passed three times by an idiot in a black pickup truck on my way to Mae Sariang. I passed him when he was stuck in a traffic jamb that I could get around on my D-tracker. Each time he passed he was riding my bumber from about a meter away at 100 kmph highway speeds. I couldn't go any faster because of vehicles in front of me, but the idiot in the black pickup passed everyone on blind corners several times and then sped off. It was only good fortune that nobody was coming the other way on the blind corners.

But, sometimes there is JUSTICE! Coming down the big grade towards Mae Sariang there were a series of big, oar trucks traveling at slow speeds. On one blind corner there was the same black pickup smashed into the back of a big, oar truck. It certainly didn't damage the commercial vehicle, but it sure smashed in the front of the black pickup.

• Like 1

i HATE being sandwiched between vehicles doing 120+ and some idiot drives right up your ass so close hes nearly touching your back wheel

usually happens on the racetracks roads that lead to the airport and other places with high speed traffic

its as if theyre trying to encourage you to speed up but you cant anyway because of a blocking vehicle in front

i HATE being sandwiched between vehicles doing 120+ and some idiot drives right up your ass so close hes nearly touching your back wheel

usually happens on the racetracks roads that lead to the airport and other places with high speed traffic

its as if theyre trying to encourage you to speed up but you cant anyway because of a blocking vehicle in front

Just touch your brakes gently each time and you find they back away pretty quickly... I had a big truck sit right on my tail the other day and just illuminating the brake light was enough to back him off about 40 metres.

• Like 2

Here's a different take on the green light/red light scenario.

Many years a friend lived in the former Yugoslavia. Their impatience was immediately when the light went green they would honk their horns as if impatient for the cars in front to move.

Sometimes when hearing the horn he would get out of his LandRover, gesturing as if there was a question, and proceed to inspect all the tyres and light on the vehicle as if the horn blower was trying to warn him of something amiss. He said if he picked the right set of lights he could complete the task , get back in and drive away just as the light returned to red!

When the honking started, my engine stopped.

I have no idea why.

That woman should be charged with attempted manslaughter and locked up! bah.gif

when I see drivers on bikes or cars driving dangerously I do one of two things either get well ahead of them if possible or stay well behind, they are a danger to everyone around them, seen it many times on my travels here in LOS, sometimes I look at the antics of some car drivers and think - do they think they are on a bike, weaving in and out of traffic trying to force their way across lanes into spaces they don't fit, some of it is quite shocking

Welcome to Thailand! ;)

Ain't it great?! wai.gif

By the way, do your third gear burnouts put you into the "danger to everyone" category? giggle.gif

Just teasin' bro! Please let's not make this into another flame-fest!

Ride On!

Tony

• Like 1

You're going too slow.

If you're on a bike how can you be blocked by a vehicle in front? Twist your wrist and go around them.

By traveling faster than everyone else you no longer have to worry about getting run over by a speeding Benz of Fortuner :)

http://contour.com/stories/filtering-rangsit-traffic-kawasaki-versys-contourhd-helmet-cam-video-jan-2012

You're going too slow.

If you're on a bike how can you be blocked by a vehicle in front? Twist your wrist and go around them.

By traveling faster than everyone else you no longer have to worry about getting run over by a speeding Benz of Fortuner smile.png

http://contour.com/s...-video-jan-2012

Its always difficult to rate actions like this just by looking a video. But do you really want to encourage others to ride like this? I guess you have high riding skills, a proper bike for it and are used to this kind of "riding style". But for some people riding isn't a never ending race. Some people also ride slower bikes, wider, heavier,...

And maybe this style of riding is one reason why car drivers often get agressive when they see a bike on the highway. Don't you think this can frighten car drivers? Some buisiness man on his way to work can spill hot coffee onto his trowsers. This can cause bad accidents wink.png