TAT To Officially Unveil 'Miracle Year Of Amazing Thailand' Campaign Next Week

webfact

TAT to Officially Unveil 'Miracle Year of Amazing Thailand' Campaign Next Week

BANGKOK: -- The Tourism Authority of Thailand will officially launch the 'Miracle Year of Amazing Thailand' mega-campaign with a grand exhibition next week at the IMPACT Arena Muang Thong Thani.

The campaign is expected to help increase international tourist arrivals this year by 2.2 million.

Governor of Tourism Authority of Thailand, or TAT, Suraphon Svetasreni said the TAT will officially kick off the 'Miracle Year of Amazing Thailand' campaign with the '7 Miracles of Thailand' exhibition, which will take place between March 29 to April 1 at the IMPACT Arena Muang Thong Thani Hall 2.

The exhibition commemorates the three special royal occasions that make up the Miracle Year, including His Majesty the King's 84th Birthday, Her Majesty the Queen's 80th Birthday, and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn's 60th Birthday.

Suraphon noted that the event will serve as a guideline for public and private organizations in relation to the tourism industry in organizing their promotional activities or programs.

The 'Miracle Year of Amazing Thailand' campaign aims to help boost international tourist arrivals this year by 2.2 million.

The TAT and four tourism associations are also planning to promote new tourism routes and attractions to encourage domestic travel among Thais all through this year, starting with a campaign highlighting the best five destinations to celebrate this year's Songkran Festival in each region of the country.

The TAT governor said the TAT this year will focus its marketing efforts on Asian markets to make up for the decline in travelers from Europe, which is experiencing economic problems.

However, the company will continue its promotional activities in the European market to maintain the customer base.

Suraphon added the TAT aims to reinforce the 'Amazing Thailand' brand image and promote 'Thainess' and the country as quality leisure destinations, as well as creating an environmentally-conscious travel.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2012-03-26

footer_n.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously.....again? My biggest problem in all this is their unnervingly "accurate" projected growth figure. Anybody in sales or marketing will tell you to undershoot. A .2 is an overshoot. 2 million would have been a better figure to project as it is 200,000 people easier to achieve. I would have gone for 1.8 million and exceeded it, making me look even better than I said I would be. After all 1.8 million is still a LARGE number, one I see NO chance of this, or any, campaign achieving for this product.

The headings/slogans always make me shake my head in disbelief. Doesn't sound appealing (to me) at all. I'm wondering if the people at TAT realise that many/most people in the West are struggling to stay afloat - and have other kinds of "miracles" on their minds.

yes had a bit of a nightmare at Suvanapum (vernacular spelling) last night, departing. Despite traveling business class, and having access to the priority lane, it took an age to get through. The queues for catle were horrendous. Midnight on a Sunday .....

The campaign is expected to help increase international tourist arrivals this year by 2.2 million.

Sounds like quite a downward revision from their earlier projections, which called for doubling of arrival numbers within 4 years.

Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who presented her government's tourism policies to the Cabinet, hopes to boost total visitors to 30 million per year in the next four years.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4657523

This thread's OP doesn't mention the monetary windfall that is expected from the campaign, but earlier projections were:

The new government is also hoping to boost tourism income to Bt2 Trillion per year by 2016.

http://www.thaivisa....ost__p__4657523

which will be terrific as that's nearly the government's entire spending budget for all ministries this year.

It will be Miracle Thailand when tourism alone nearly funds the entire country's budget... or at the very least, a huge chunk of it in 2016.

Edited by Buchholz
  • Like 1

Is it my imagination, or are all English-language marketing slogans in Thailand based on the rearrangement of six or seven vaguely positive-sounding adjectives, half of which are never used by sentient native English speakers? I suppose we should be grateful they haven't used "upscale" or "trendy". Actually, that might work. "Trendy Thailand, For all Your Upscale Lifestyle Needs".

Amazing! Those marketing guys at TAT have really cracked the code with this one. With a slogan as good as this the tourists won't be able to resist coming to Thailand. Surely? Its a marketing miracle

TAT spends THB220 mil in overseas promotion

BANGKOK, 26 March 2012 (NNT) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is set to boost Thailand's tourism in overseas markets with a budget of over 220 million baht, while estimating this year's foreign tourist count at 21 million.

TAT Deputy Governor for Marketing Communication Prakit Piriyakiat has disclosed that the TAT has set aside a budget of 220 million baht for the purpose of promoting tourism in foreign markets; 140 million baht of which will be spent on marketing campaigns while the remaining 80 million baht will be allocated to public relations activities aimed at stimulating the Thai tourism towards the end of 2012.

At the same time, the TAT will make three short documentaries on nature-based tourism, community-based tourism, and product purchase, which are aimed at enhancing the image and tourism of Thailand. The documentaries will be shown on various world-renowned channels, such as BBC and National Geographic. The project is scheduled to commence between April and June 2012.

Additionally, Mr. Prakit has predicted the number of foreign tourists traveling to Thailand this year at around 21 million visitors, which is an increase from a previous estimation of 20.5 million, provided that Thailand sees no negative factors, such as the flood, this year.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2012-03-26 footer_n.gif

"The campaign is expected to help increase international tourist arrivals this year by 2.2 million.”

Really? How?

Will they increase immigration inspectors by 2.2 million?

Will they reduce traffic lights down from 2.2 million seconds at each intersection?

Will they give police officers a raise of 2.2 million THB so they won’t shake down tourists?

Will they eradicate 2.2 million non-functioning phone booths so there is room on the sidewalk to walk?

Will they bring in 2.2 million paving tiles and permanently fix the sidewalks?

Is it my imagination, or are all English-language marketing slogans in Thailand based on the rearrangement of six or seven vaguely positive-sounding adjectives, half of which are never used by sentient native English speakers? I suppose we should be grateful they haven't used "upscale" or "trendy". Actually, that might work. "Trendy Thailand, For all Your Upscale Lifestyle Needs".

I believe there is a promotion/marketing language generator being used.

1. Pick one adverb from the following list: incredibly, amazingly, beautifully, fantastically, wonderfully, magically…

2. Pick one adjective from the following list: incredible, amazing, beautiful, fantastic, wonderful, magical…

3. Stick “Thailand” at the end [make sure there is an exclamation point (!) after it].

I’m waiting for "Illegally Illegal Thailand! (What's an adverb for "corrupt"?)

Has anyone noticed? Air Asia seems to use the same marketing tool.

AMAZING THAILAND !!! MIRACLE THAILAND !!! RIP OFF THAILAND before I travel anywhere I always search into forums about the place I visit, check out review's where people have stayed and check out local media news regarding muggings , murder and so on ,and I am sure a lot of westerners do the same before coming here for a holiday.

After all said and done I am amazed I moved to Thailand and 6 years on it is a miracle that I find myself still here because as each year goes by they seem to make it harder to extend your stay, before to long it will be a lot more easier to live in the countries that border Thailand and when all the farangs have left they will be asking why !!!!

do they mean, the miracle flood of last year and the amazing cancer smoke all over every year this time of year ???

wow if this works, i which the same would work for my business to do some hocus pocus and see my income increase MAGICALLY

I would love to see Thailand have a miracle year......... one without demos or disasters would suffice. But seriously, the 'Seven Miracles of Thailand' (check them out) are not miracles at all but for a poorly thought out, late in the day advertising campaign.