Democrat MP Seeks Unusually-Rich Probe Against ICT Minister Anudith

webfact

I give up, you seem to be being purposely obtuse. Where have I said it was a 50-60 year investment? I clearly stated I had owned the land for three years.

Don't bother to reply this is all now a long way from the OP topic.offtopic.gif

Actually, I don't think it's off topic, as it's discussing how someone can increase their wealth over a short period of time.

You clearly stated that you owned the land for 3 years up to when the status changed. It wasn't clear that that was the total time that you owned the land.

So, what you are saying is that the land that you owned for only 3 years increased in value from 4000 pounds to 1 million pounds in that short time? Wow ... amazing!

I give up, you seem to be being purposely obtuse. Where have I said it was a 50-60 year investment? I clearly stated I had owned the land for three years.

Actually, I don't think it's off topic, as it's discussing how someone can increase their wealth over a short period of time.

You clearly stated that you owned the land for 3 years up to when the status changed. It wasn't clear that that was the total time that you owned the land.

So, what you are saying is that the land that you owned for only 3 years increased in value from 4000 pounds to 1 million pounds in that short time? Wow ... amazing!

Not so amazing, a similar piece of land next to mine but less than a quarter the size recently changed hands for half a million, the developer built two houses on it which sold for 480k apiece. Perhaps I should mention my home is in Surrey, Thaksin's English home is about 12 miles away.

Now can we move on?

Not so amazing, a similar piece of land next to mine but less than a quarter the size recently changed hands for half a million, the developer built two houses on it which sold for 480k apiece. Perhaps I should mention my home is in Surrey, Thaksin's English home is about 12 miles away.

Now can we move on?

Oh ... so you built houses on the land? That's how you increased the value? I hope you didn't spend a million pounds on the buildings.

I suppose if the MP increased his wealth by building properties, it shouldn't be too hard to prove it.

Now can we move on?

Oh ... so you built houses on the land? That's how you increased the value? I hope you didn't spend a million pounds on the buildings.

I suppose if the MP increased his wealth by building properties, it shouldn't be too hard to prove it.

You have now confirmed my suspicions, you do not understand simple English. I did not build houses on my land, other than the one I live in. I clearly said, " the developer built two houses on it " NOTE the word developer, that means the person who bought the land, not me.

I guess I need to explain things simply for you, the value of my land is in its potential for development, the fact that I could build quite a few houses on it if I wished.

A 9 million baht increase over 3 years, minus salary equates to 2 millions per year, this does not seem a lot to me if he had invested in property.

I bought some land in England for 4000 pounds, it is now worth a million pounds.

Over a three year period, you must be a financial real estate wizard?

Nope, just lucky enough to establish an established usage right, from agricultural to residential. No bribery involved, just a lot of research in wartime archive and a knowledge of local history.

OH, arn't i clever puppy, nothing like blowing your own trumpet intheclub.gif

A 9 million baht increase over 3 years, minus salary equates to 2 millions per year, this does not seem a lot to me if he had invested in property.

I bought some land in England for 4000 pounds, it is now worth a million pounds.

Nope, just lucky enough to establish an established usage right, from agricultural to residential. No bribery involved, just a lot of research in wartime archive and a knowledge of local history.

OH, arn't i clever puppy, nothing like blowing your own trumpet intheclub.gif

Another person who can't read!

Here on Thaivisa, it's not that uncommon.

We've now heard from one of TV's millionaires. I'm curious to hear other stories from the nearly 25% of TV'ers who are also millionaires.

http://www.thaivisa....xpat-net-worth/

We've now heard from one of TV's millionaires. I'm curious to hear other stories from the nearly 25% of TV'ers who are also millionaires.

I wonder if you understand the difference between a paper millionaire and a real one. Many residents in London and the home counties are paper millionaires simply because of the inflated value of their homes. But this is not the same as liquidity, to release this money one would have to sell one's home, perhaps such as these are your 25%. I prefer not to burn my bridges and to just chug along on my pension and savings, so I'm just one of the thousands of paper millionaires in my district.

http://www.thaivisa....xpat-net-worth/

I wonder if you understand the difference between a paper millionaire and a real one. Many residents in London and the home counties are paper millionaires simply because of the inflated value of their homes. But this is not the same as liquidity, to release this money one would have to sell one's home, perhaps such as these are your 25%. I prefer not to burn my bridges and to just chug along on my pension and savings, so I'm just one of the thousands of paper millionaires in my district.

A millionaire is an individual whose net worth or wealth is equal to or exceeds one million units of currency.

I am aware that further descriptions on the term are available, but they all return to the above.

Paper can become liquid in a day. Thus, your paper millionaire is just as much as "a real one" as any other millionaire.

Still, I'd be curious to hear from the many others.

The numbers are huge.

137,982 tv members x .2383 percentage of millionaires on tv =

32,881 Thaivisa millionaires

:o

Isn"t this exciting, I have just realised that with having a condo and a detached in Udon I am a Millionaire. Greed is one thing, being comfortable is another, it's called (being content) amassing for the sake of it becomes a disease in society, and boasting your wealth on T.V. is as sick as you get.

• Like 1