Search For The Missing Link

Gonzo the Face

Also the now immensely popular Pollution Control Department site tracks this now in real time.

Instead of looking at the PM10 reading, you can also graph temperature, rainfall and other things. Shows the highs and lows clearly over time. Haze seems inversely related to temperature and humidity.

For example:

post-64232-0-66017100-1332834115_thumb.p

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

To me , I don't ever remember feeling this hot in March....

​March 31st 2005 you were here. That day it was 40.9 degrees in Chiang Mai.

That's more than 6 degrees above today. It's called the hot season for a reason; as soon as it starts, it gets hot.

Srouce: http://www.tmd.go.th/programs/uploads/tempstat/max_stat_latest_en.pdf

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1

Does it really matter how hot/cold it was 5 years ago or last week, unless one is interested in statistics ? Yes, it has been rather hot today and yesterday. But knowing that it was hotter in 2005 doesn't comfort me too much. Guess I have to check if the aircon is working before bedtime. smile.png

Edited by Semper

Does it really matter how hot/cold it was 5 years ago or last week, unless one is interested in statistics ?

It matters when a friend or family member wants to visit Thailand and they're asking when is the best time to come, weather-wise. Then it helps if you can inform them that March is utter hell, and that April is not much better. April's only redeeming factors are that the air is less likely to put you in hospital, and that the awesomest party in the world is in it.

A lot of people from Europe especially have a rain-phobia, and genuinely believe it's better to come in March than, say, June. That's ridiculous, and you need some data to back that up.