Interior Design/Furnishing A Condo

Hello,

I am looking to to furnish my condo. I got one small company to build my walk-in closet - they did a great job but very expensive and he gave me quotes for further stuff and they're extremely high in my view. Can anyone recommend a good company or individual, I'm looking to build a cabinet, electric blinds, paint, lighting especially. The would have to speak english and they would have to take pride in their work and do top notch work. Thanks!

I have used Pirom Decoration Co. They are thai but speak and understand english. Not the cheapest, but very high quality. #089-8321577, 089-8313758, 038-410404. They are located on suumvit, visit there showroom to see there work. David H

I have a related question.

My wife has an unfinished townhouse with preliminary plans to transform it into 6 studios on the top three floors (2 per floor) and a duplex flat on the ground and mezzanine floor with a small pation and garden.

The work will involve blocking the fron on the ground floor, opening windows on the side wall, building a new staircase fromt he second floor (English second) up, plus partitions, bathrooms etc.

Does anyone have advice on how to find a builder for this and whether it would be better to have a single contractor or one for the major works and one for the finishing ie tiling, plumbing fittings etc? Or indeed if anyone can recommend the name of a contractor that woud be super.

I realise it could be like a piece of string but any indication of how much I should envisage having to pay, before I commit to the project, would be of great help

Thai book

We must assume from the posts of both people wanting help, that they're located somewhere between Nong Khai and Songkla?

Now, just where do you want that help?

I have a related question.

My wife has an unfinished townhouse with preliminary plans to transform it into 6 studios on the top three floors (2 per floor) and a duplex flat on the ground and mezzanine floor with a small pation and garden.

The work will involve blocking the fron on the ground floor, opening windows on the side wall, building a new staircase fromt he second floor (English second) up, plus partitions, bathrooms etc.

Does anyone have advice on how to find a builder for this and whether it would be better to have a single contractor or one for the major works and one for the finishing ie tiling, plumbing fittings etc? Or indeed if anyone can recommend the name of a contractor that woud be super.

I realise it could be like a piece of string but any indication of how much I should envisage having to pay, before I commit to the project, would be of great help

Thai book

Chris, it really depends on the area of the dwelling units & public spaces, your existing utilities' capacities, the quality of finishes & fixtures and the extent of built-ins you desire for your target market- i.e., fully furnished Kao San Road guesthouse type units, luxury units, economy-level unfurnished apartments...? The range can be huge and is indeterminate without bracketing it down some.

As you're adding lots of new walls, finishes, plumbing, electrical circuits & aircon as well as exterior/building envelope changes, a prelim set of drawings with square meter budget line items for each finish and trade would be well advised in order to help you make a go/no-go decision. PM me if you need help - this is what I do.