If You Were Allowed To...........................

chrisinth

I suppose failing the HSE angle, I could use my 23 years of experience in the SES before locating to Thailand. The SES was an elite unit of the Royal Navy.

Edited by chrisinth

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would start a decent bus/minivan tour company that isn't a death trap or corrupt so things get stolen and you actually feel safe on a journey. Also the vans and buses would have to pass a health and safety inspection first before they hit the road.

HSE isn't a restricted profession. There arent that many of them.

I suggest the OP goes for it.

Sorry in advance Chrisinth ...

Maybe the honourable bendix might consider Financial Planning Advice.

Speciality sub-class, the UK Pension.

an immigration department ? if there was ever a cocked up department ,thats got to be it

imagine having to go outside thailand to get a stamp from a thai official so you can come back into ......Thailand ?

I thought about this one a few years ago.

Take a parcel of land, say 20 rai, between Bangkok and Pattaya and build a huge warehouse. Declare it "offshore" for immigration purposes and charge each visitor 1,000 Baht for a 90 day stamp. Also provide Non-O visas for 6,000 Baht.

Now that's a great idea thumbsup.gif

There is a guy in Australia who has done (for a different reason) what cardholder above suggested.

Prince Leonard I of Hutt has declared himself the leader of the "Principality of Hutt River".

It has it's own stamps, currency and, at one stage, declared war on Australia and no ... it's not April 1 yet.

Info:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Principality_of_Hutt_River

Oh ... cardholder, if that idea fails then maybe you could start an international tour company! wink.png

I can see this getting moved to the Business forum however, in all seriousness the business I would get involved in would be Storage / Self Storage / Container parks. <snip>

theblether

Have you given up on the raising chickens idea already ... your innovative apprach really could have taken off once the initial problems were sorted.

See ...

I suppose failing the HSE angle, I could use my 23 years of experience in the SES before locating to Thailand. The SES was an elite unit of the Royal Navy.

Mods, sorry for the second post on this, cannot see the edit button.

The SES (Seldom ever Sober) were a section of the RN that remained hidden to the public, especially to the pension posse, who would have gone mental if they had any idea where their tax money was being spent on. Special thanks must go to them for the 23 year party that I partook in. The only seatime we really did was going from one party venue to the next. There were a few conflicts during this period sure, but that was just to make sure we were still paying attention.

If HSE didn't appear interesting enough, I would consider a booze cruise operational sea training excursions from say, Pattaya/Sattahip to maybe Songkla. This would be aimed at females (21 to 30 age group) to widen their prospectives from the poles they are used to to the geographical poles.

Of course I would be looking for a crew..............

• Like 1

The SES (Seldom ever Sober) were a section of the RN that remained hidden to the public, especially to the pension posse, who would have gone mental if they had any idea where their tax money was being spent on. Special thanks must go to them for the 23 year party that I partook in. The only seatime we really did was going from one party venue to the next. There were a few conflicts during this period sure, but that was just to make sure we were still paying attention.

If HSE didn't appear interesting enough, I would consider a booze cruise operational sea training excursions from say, Pattaya/Sattahip to maybe Songkla. This would be aimed at females (21 to 30 age group) to widen their prospectives from the poles they are used to to the geographical poles.

I suppose you could combine that with Cardholder's idea for visa runs, though of course this is already done, I believe, primarily for the purposes of off-shore gambling.

SC

Just as an aside, my understanding is that there are no restrictions on farang having any kind of business interest in Thailand. The restriction is on certain occupations. There is nothing to stop a farang establishing a company and having others do the business for him or her.

Count me in - I have sea legs.

Great thread that shows business is certainly not a strong point for many folk here.

Just remember, they all thought the bloke who invented cats-eyes was nuts.

(he was, but he made a fortune from his business idea).

Just as an aside, my understanding is that there are no restrictions on farang having any kind of business interest in Thailand. The restriction is on certain occupations. There is nothing to stop a farang establishing a company and having others do the business for him or her.

Except for the constraints on company equity ownership, I think.

SC

I'm in the RN and was trying to work out what you were on about at first. Glad you cleared that up. The RN has changed a lot since i have joined. It used to be as you described, but now it's all about saving money and being professional.sleepy.gif

It's quite funny because people at present are surprised i'm Navy. I'm working about 2hrs from the closed sea, plus the government have sold nearly all are ships. I'm like a mechanic with no tools. giggle.gif

Back on topic. Put me down for your ship, I can leave and be working with you in 1 month. giggle.gif

A school system that actually provides an education, rather than a system that produces non-questioning, conflict avoiding robots who are only concerned with face.

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

That's the school my kids go to. Its very expensive, though.

And there's plenty more schools the same, if you are willing to stump up the cash to go.

A lot of Thais who can afford it spend even more to send their kids further afield for their education...

SC

Most thai businesses could be improved and or made more professional /efficient with a western managment style

people in shops with their feet up watching tv eating a bowl of som tam or even sleeping doesnt look very professional when a customer walks through the door

ignore a customer standing at the counter for 10 minutes because a box needs unpacking in an otherwise empty shop etc

serving hot food cold ,sending an sms or updating your facebook page while someone is trying to order something etc

lots of things could be improved upon with a strict german/american.uk style manager IMO :D

An interesting question because, indeed, many professions are off-limits for farangs. Being myself a lawyer, I would love to practice law again, but language problems are probably the main obstacle.

Otherwise I would try to start a business in water, in particular drinking water, mineral water, carbonized water. Thailand is a country with a lot of water waiting to be used.

How come we have to order European brands such as Perrier or San Pellegrino if we want a tasty mineral water with gaz? If people are ready and willing to pay fantasy prices for Perrier etc. perhaps they are willing to pay a decent price for a domestic mineral water with high content of mineral.

lots of things could be improved upon with a strict german/american.uk style manager IMO biggrin.png

you talking leather, boots, whips licklips.gif female, of course!

You sexist pig David! What is wrong with us boys dressing up as well?

Oh, right, you are talking about a German/Uk manager............................

Please ignore wub.png

• Like 1

lots of things could be improved upon with a strict german/american.uk style manager IMO biggrin.png

you talking leather, boots, whips licklips.gif female, of course!

You sexist pig David! What is wrong with us boys dressing up as well?

Oh, right, you are talking about a German/Uk manager............................

Please ignore wub.png

I think he's got someone in mind. He spent a lot of time in Germany...

• Like 1

I'm in the RN and was trying to work out what you were on about at first. Glad you cleared that up. The RN has changed a lot since i have joined. It used to be as you described, but now it's all about saving money and being professional.sleepy.gif

It's quite funny because people at present are surprised i'm Navy. I'm working about 2hrs from the closed sea, plus the government have sold nearly all are ships. I'm like a mechanic with no tools. giggle.gif

Back on topic. Put me down for your ship, I can leave and be working with you in 1 month. giggle.gif

Hi Dean, thought I'd seen some mention in some of your earlier posts, but didn't realise you were still in. I left in 1997 and have been here since. They were starting to put the squeeze on then, so it was the right time to get out. They even offered me my "first 5" but I refused it.

The story up top (SES) probably has more truth to it than it was meant to have, but even in those days, we were professional; but we worked hard and played hard.

Anyway enough of the reminiscing; so we have our chief stoker (in a months time) smile.png

Only need a couple more and we're good to go!

A suicide help line…….50 Baht a minute………. (To talk people out of it…….Not tell them how to do it)

A house blowing up service (we call this "the blowjob") …….It works like this, as you finish building the house, (your GF owns) we, (for a fee, approx. 30,000 Baht) fit explosives to the foundations, a maintenance fee is paid every month, say 1000 Baht….When your sweetheart kicks you sad ass to the curb….for a final payment, you get the code to the detonator, for a small additional fee we will take some nice photos of the house going north!

A suicide help line…….50 Baht a minute………. (To talk people out of it…….Not tell them how to do it)

A house blowing up service (we call this "the blowjob") …….It works like this, as you finish building the house, (your GF owns) we, (for a fee, approx. 30,000 Baht) fit explosives to the foundations, a maintenance fee is paid every month, say 1000 Baht….When your sweetheart kicks you sad ass to the curb….for a final payment, you get the code to the detonator, for a small additional fee we will take some nice photos of the house going north!

exploded houses dont go north/upwards like a spaceshuttle ,you need to watch the 9-11 videos again

but i like the idea of a business called the BLOWJOB

i think we could make a franchise out of it ,where rich businessmen could get one at breaktime with their coffee etc or let off some steam at lunch

there could be one on every corner ,like a mcdonalds or a starbucks ,where anyone who feels they need a quick release of stress can go in and enjoy a blowjob

of their preferred style and then get back to driving their taxi or serving customers in their shop feeling fully revitalised

we could have reward cards for frequent visitors ,like every 10th Blowjob is free etc to encourage regular/daily maybe? professional stress release ?

intheclub.gif

exploded houses dont go north/upwards like a spaceshuttle ,you need to watch the 9-11 videos again

but i like the idea of a business called the BLOWJOB

i think we could make a franchise out of it ,where rich businessmen could get one at breaktime with their coffee etc or let off some steam at lunch

there could be one on every corner ,like a mcdonalds or a starbucks ,where anyone who feels they need a quick release of stress can go in and enjoy a blowjob

of their preferred style and then get back to driving their taxi or serving customers in their shop feeling fully revitalised

we could have reward cards for frequent visitors ,like every 10th Blowjob is free etc to encourage regular/daily maybe? professional stress release ?

intheclub.gif

Must do Thai style - only they would do it on the FIRST drink !

post-108506-0-19593400-1332932319_thumb.

• Like 1

Hi Dean, thought I'd seen some mention in some of your earlier posts, but didn't realise you were still in. I left in 1997 and have been here since. They were starting to put the squeeze on then, so it was the right time to get out. They even offered me my "first 5" but I refused it.

The story up top (SES) probably has more truth to it than it was meant to have, but even in those days, we were professional; but we worked hard and played hard.

Anyway enough of the reminiscing; so we have our chief stoker (in a months time) smile.png

Only need a couple more and we're good to go!

Yeah still in but looking to get out. The last straw was them changing are pension's. I was on probably the same pension as you (PS 75). Sorry everyone for mentioning the dreaded word pension.

I'm not a stoker, i was talking about trying to do a job with nothing. Like saying,"it's like being a pilot without a plane".

I'm a jack dusty. Gods branch. giggle.gif

Sorry again, being off topic. I'll give myself a slap and send myself to bed. giggle.gif

@ dean999 (got a problem with tags now)

"Yeah still in but looking to get out. The last straw was them changing are pension's. I was on probably the same pension as you (PS 75). Sorry everyone for mentioning the dreaded word pension.

I'm not a stoker, i was talking about trying to do a job with nothing. Like saying,"it's like being a pilot without a plane".

I'm a jack dusty. Gods branch. giggle.gif

Sorry again, being off topic. I'll give myself a slap and send myself to bed. giggle.gif"

OK, OK, stores are good, very very good! If you don't mind we can put you in charge of the rum ration (bit out-dated so we can use what we can). Would be better if you had a back-to-back as I can see you being busy clap2.gif

No real problem with the mechanical side of things; usually if the hammer doesn't fix it, it must be an electrical problem.

Any sparkies out there?

• Like 1

I would start a decent bus/minivan tour company that isn't a death trap or corrupt so things get stolen and you actually feel safe on a journey. Also the vans and buses would have to pass a health and safety inspection first before they hit the road.

Yes i agree,too many people are dying because of these mini bus operators,bald tryes,dodgy brakes and also the drivers who dont care about their passengers,they only care about getting from 1 place to another as quickly as possible.Just done a return from huahin to bangkok,i couldnt sleep either way because the drivers are constantly braking and are about 6 inches away from the car infront.

There is a 1st class bus service that i use from khon kaen - bangkok called nakhon chai air,this is excellent and the best bus service i have seen in thailand,they drive sensibly,you have a comfortable reclining chair that massages you,you have your own tv with all the the new cinema films also a games console if you fancy a computer game,a cover to keep you warm and you get a meal and drinks aswell.The 6 hour drive from khonkaen - bangkok is only 384฿.But you have to book in advance to get a seat.

Im not sure about the profit but once you got your name about you would definetly be busy.

No real problem with the mechanical side of things; usually if the hammer doesn't fix it, it must be an electrical problem.

Any sparkies out there?

Just between you and me ... I raise my hand, just don't tell anyone else.

(the number of times we get requests for that extra powerpoint / ceiling fan etc angry.png )

Bit rusty though ... haven't worked in the trade for many a year.

... is there a pension plan?

... and I want mine indexed!

SC ... yes, did spend some time in Germany licklips.gif