What Rawai Is Mising

stevehaigh

well she was not at risk at that location .... higher ground if you are located on the beach front .... many thais just took the opp for a bludge , imo the owner is within his rights .....she walked ...

Agree about the location but we are talking about a frightened Thai girl who just followed everyone else to a hill.

She didn't expect to be be payed so not skiving off.

After witnessing the 2004 Tsunami I do not blame anyone running for the hills.I know I did.

I just find this a very harsh action sacking the poor girl.I wonder if any other Thai were sacked for being frightened.

But this is just my opinion

well she was not at risk at that location .... higher ground if you are located on the beach front .... many thais just took the opp for a bludge , imo the owner is within his rights .....she walked ...

Agree about the location but we are talking about a frightened Thai girl who just followed everyone else to a hill.

After witnessing the 2004 Tsunami I do not blame anyone running for the hills.I know I did.

I just find this a very harsh action sacking the poor girl.I wonder if any other Thai were sacked for being frightened.

I agree with you Thai people are very frightened about another tsunami happening

Even though they are more likely to be killed riding a motorbike

From that location she would have had to go downhill before she could head for higher ground no matter which direction she took, either down to Rawai Beach (a bit risky if you think there's a tsunami coming) and then up to Laem Promthep. Alternatively she could head for the viewpoint on the hill over to Kata, quite a distance to travel before she could get any higher than where she already was!

From that location she would have had to go downhill before she could head for higher ground no matter which direction she took, either down to Rawai Beach (a bit risky if you think there's a tsunami coming) and then up to Laem Promthep. Alternatively she could head for the viewpoint on the hill over to Kata, quite a distance to travel before she could get any higher than where she already was!

That really is not the point. The point is that the owner used the tsunami alert and her fear as an excuse to fire her, which is plain and simply ridiculous.

Off topic but, the worlds largest recorded tsunami wave happened

on 9/07/1958 in Lituya Bay Alaska it was 524 metres high

Unlikely to happen here, but just shoes how high the wave can be

Thai people who lived though the last Tsunami or know someone who

did are not only frightened but terrified of Tsunamis

That really is not the point. The point is that the owner used the tsunami alert and her fear as an excuse to fire her, which is plain and simply ridiculous.

well perhaps it was the last straw we dont have the whole picture here ... i still think in the position of her work place she did not have to leave. it was not in a high risk position ... in fact very safe .... if she left to gather her family from a high risk area different story .... need more info from OP

i think a much, much higher risk than a tsunami or earthquake here in SE asia ..is not from a natural cause but man made ...Nuclear fallout ..... try and explain that to a thai worker ...

i think a much, much higher risk than a tsunami or earthquake here in SE asia ..is not from a natural cause but man made ...Nuclear fallout ..... try and explain that to a thai worker ...

When the second rate airline plane crashed at Phuket airport every Thai person

i know was frightened of flying But were happy to catch buses, the cheap old ones

with square wheels should not be allowed on the roads

The countries that have nuclear bombs will not use them except to defend themselves

against another nuclear power who uses them first and who would be stupid enough to do that

Iran will not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons no matter what the UN does, the Israelis

will make sure they don't. North Korea another question

Nuclear power power generators are the main worry now, poorly designed and built in the

wrong locations, because of the receive nuclear disaster a lot of countries are fazing them out

The countries that have nuclear bombs will not use them except to defend themselves

against another nuclear power who uses them first and who would be stupid enough to do that

Iran will not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons no matter what the UN does, the Israelis

will make sure they don't. North Korea another question

Nuclear power power generators are the main worry now, poorly designed and built in the

wrong locations, because of the receive nuclear disaster a lot of countries are fazing them out

Japan... tsunami..nuclear reactor .....fallout in SE asia would be permanent .....