Anyone Know The Make And Model Of This Snake?

Was out on the porch having a smoke this morning and my dog, Soda, was out sniffing what I first thought was a branch or stick on the driveway. Well, the branch reared its head and I called my dog back. Woke up my wife, and armed with two shovels, we conquered the snake. Any idea of what type snake this is/was?

Thanks

lar

post-5021-0-41280800-1332983443_thumb.jp

post-5021-0-20857600-1332983455_thumb.jp

post-5021-0-63346900-1332983464_thumb.jp

It was / is a Keelback.. more specifically it's Xenochrophis flavipunctatus. Close relation to Chequered Keelback, known as Yellow-Spotted Keelback or Common Keelback

Species has a very mild venom & will bite if provoked, but the poison is quite far from lethal.

It was / is a Keelback.. more specifically it's Xenochrophis flavipunctatus. Close relation to Chequered Keelback, known as Yellow-Spotted Keelback or Common Keelback

Species has a very mild venom & will bite if provoked, but the poison is quite far from lethal.

check the photographs on the snake from Khon Khen, not from pattaya.

Has anybody ever seen a Malayian Pit Viper in Khon Kaen? I doubt it.

It does not look like pit viper,but I think all snakes you come across need killing.No time to judge if it is a dangerous type. I have had close calls,very close calls and those damned Russell's vipers love the chase I'm sure.

There are many Malaya pit vipers awaiting the monsoon where I live ,just get the machete affixed to a pole at the ready.

the snake has a triangulated head that indicates venom...but normally if you just throw something it just slithers away...unless it wants to eat yer baby daughter fer supper...

I don't mind snakes, centipedes, spiders and other nasties so long as they stay outside of the house where they belong...in the back we got loads of birds and monitor lizards as predators so we ain't got much of a problem...but there was a baby lizard about a meter long that wanted to get in and I had to whack her/him with a broom...then there is the odd centipede downstairs but I just dose them with Chaindrite and they usually stay away...

Has anybody ever seen a Malayian Pit Viper in Khon Kaen? I doubt it.

Can't see why it would miss out on Khon KaenCalloselasma rhodostoma.doc