Thai Democrats Blocking Reconciliation: Natthawut

webfact

Right - and the implied comparison of Abhisit with long-term dictators Gaddafi and Assad is quite valid.

Yes it is. After 20 (successful or otherwise) military coups since the onset of Thai 'democracy' in 1932, it has been blatantly obvious that democracy has not been the process controlling & manipulating the people. Abhisit was manipulated into power, not through democratic means, but by the actions & influences outside of parliament. After the usurpation of power followed by hasty backroom deals to patch together an 'acceptable' government, Abhisit proceeded to repay the favour by immediately, drastically increasing the military budget to the obvious detriment to the electorates' rural majority . So I agree Mick, his administration is comparable to other rogue governments around the world and fully deserved to be removed by any means possible.

Right - and elections promised in 6 months weren't good enough. Elections held ahead of the due date with a seamless transfer of power is obvious signs of a dictatorship.

Red Kool-Aid has rotted your brain, and earned you a place on the Ignore list with your fellow idiots.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is firing an M-79 grenade launcher with a 40mm explosive projectile. It is fired at an angle to "lob" the grenade to its target, and is quite lethal. A similar weapon was used to kill both the colonel and the woman on the BTS platform.

You seem quite the expert. Can you then explain why a weapons expert on Thai TV confirmed that that was not an M-79 he fired on that clip?

Oz Mick can and frequently does categorically confirm many things that other, more knowledgeable people cannot.

He is firing an M-79 grenade launcher with a 40mm explosive projectile. It is fired at an angle to "lob" the grenade to its target, and is quite lethal. A similar weapon was used to kill both the colonel and the woman on the BTS platform.t I have fired an

You seem quite the expert. Can you then explain why a weapons expert on Thai TV confirmed that that was not an M-79 he fired on that clip?

I have never claimed to be an expert, but I have fired an M-79 on several occasions during 2 years in the Australian Army.

Unless the expert was the person firing in that clip, his knowledge hardly exceeds mine. Robert Amsterdam excels at finding experts who will make outrageous claims for a fistful of dollars - and why not, who remembers after a week?

My opinion is free, and stands.

BTW who was the police sgt caught delivering 63 M-79 grenades, delivering them to? The RTA?

Your attempts to re-write history are both fascile and infantile.

The problem with moving comparisons forward into the modern era, Mick, is that the modern devices are far more complex than the 'pipe' one seen being used by the Red Shirt protester. There's a slightly more modern version being used in this video, but, unfortunately for you, it still 'pops' rather than explodes and still lacks all the smoke that a firecracker always creates:

You can dig out anything you want, Mick, but it needs to prove that an M79 launcher of the type that is shown in the video posted by Yoshi can deliver a lethal, military-grade payload in the way that the Red Shirt using the device was using it.

I bow to the expertise of an armchair warrior. Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.

How about you come up with just a little bit of feasible evidence that the Red Shirt protester in the video supplied by Yoshi fired military-grade ordnance? I've provided acres of feasible evidence that he didn't.

The problem with moving comparisons forward into the modern era, Mick, is that the modern devices are far more complex than the 'pipe' one seen being used by the Red Shirt protester. There's a slightly more modern version being used in this video, but, unfortunately for you, it still 'pops' rather than explodes and still lacks all the smoke that a firecracker always creates:

You can dig out anything you want, Mick, but it needs to prove that an M79 launcher of the type that is shown in the video posted by Yoshi can deliver a lethal, military-grade payload in the way that the Red Shirt using the device was using it.

I bow to the expertise of an armchair warrior. Anything is possible if you don't know what you're talking about.

How about you come up with just a little bit of feasible evidence that the Red Shirt protester in the video supplied by Yoshi fired military-grade ordnance? I've provided acres of feasible evidence that he didn't.

Actually, you have supplied a lot of opinion, from someone with little knowledge and zero experience, slanted by your repeated bias in favour of a bunch of murderous mercenary thugs. I have given you my opinion, and the reasons and experience to back it. Whether you believe me or not, I couldn't give a rat's anus.

As I said before, it can't possibly be an M-79 because you say so.

He is firing an M-79 grenade launcher with a 40mm explosive projectile. It is fired at an angle to "lob" the grenade to its target, and is quite lethal. A similar weapon was used to kill both the colonel and the woman on the BTS platform.

Oz Mick can and frequently does categorically confirm many things that other, more knowledgeable people cannot.

"More knowledgeable" would include the moron who thought it was an RPG?

Actually, you have supplied a lot of opinion, from someone with little knowledge and zero experience, slanted by your repeated bias in favour of a bunch of murderous mercenary thugs. I have given you my opinion, and the reasons and experience to back it. Whether you believe me or not, I couldn't give a rat's anus.

As I said before, it can't possibly be an M-79 because you say so.

and I have supplied a lot of facts from people with far more knowledge than you and I, so you ignore said facts. It doesn't matter whether-or-not I personally believe you. The facts prove you wrong, as they nearly always do.

Or the moron who thought that a grenade launched from an M79 pipe shotgun type device issues a loud explosion along with a huge cloud of smoke?

and I have supplied a lot of facts from people with far more knowledge than you and I, so you ignore said facts. It doesn't matter whether-or-not I personally believe you. The facts prove you wrong, as they nearly always do.

"and I have supplied a lot of facts from people with far more knowledge than you..........."

Name one.

"and I have supplied a lot of facts from people with far more knowledge than you..........."

Name one.

Go back and read the thread.

Or the moron who thought that a grenade launched from an M79 pipe shotgun type device issues a loud explosion along with a huge cloud of smoke?

I am getting heartily sick of this and you. The M-79 is commonly called a "thump" or "whump" gun because it makes a loud noise as an explosive charge hurls a 40mm projectile some 3-400m.

Smoke could be caused by a number of factors including a old deteriorated charge or a recently oiled barrel, the 2 most likely.

But no. the man is to firing harmless fireworks, pretending he is launching M-79s in an attempt to draw army fire, which he obviously expects. Perhaps he has been told he can collect a few million baht a bit later.

I am getting heartily sick of this and you. The M-79 is commonly called a "thump" or "whump" gun because it makes a loud noise as an explosive charge hurls a 40mm projectile some 3-400m.

Smoke could be caused by a number of factors including a old deteriorated charge or a recently oiled barrel, the 2 most likely.

But no. the man is to firing harmless fireworks, pretending he is launching M-79s in an attempt to draw army fire, which he obviously expects. Perhaps he has been told he can collect a few million baht a bit later.

And I am getting heartily sick of your prevarication. I have provided plenty of video evidence of how military ordnance pipe shotgun M79 weaponry is delivered. This evidence is completely at odds with the so-called evidence about the Red Shirt protester who, in the video provided, appears to be firing a "bo fai" from a tube.

Feel free to speculate about smoke (you've already been discredited on this) and pay-offs (yawn). I'll have a quick look outside for some more straws for you, Mick biggrin.png

As alluded to earlier the government forces were incredibly patient with red shirt protesters, the vast majority of whom were only interested in doing just that, protesting. Unfortunately there were elements within the group, especially the black shirts, who had a different agenda. After a long stand off the situation became untenable with the country being held to ransom and ultimately and after repeated warnings, action had to be taken.

yours is just a rhetorical argument for a gov't killing its own citizens, ie : murder.

I don't find that acceptable...

And i find you unacceptable but hey there we go.

The one thing I have learnt from this thread that it is a complete waste of time. I have my opinions and other people have their opinions. As much as I find the pro red views completely illogical. I'm sure they find my posts the same. What can we do...? Well I for one will not bother posting on any thread which turns into the same old rehashing of things from 2 years ago.

I accept that my view point is anti red and I have tried to show evidence that the reds are armed. But when evidence is shown we hear the same arguments, not clear to see, fake reds and my favourite is Geriatickid's argument that they are fake guns. I am sure the pro reds feels the same about me and the anti reds.

All I can say is it is a complete waste of time. If we cannot discuss things then how can the Thais?

(And by that last statement I mean they have a lot more riding on it than us.)

Edited by Throatwobbler

And despite your anti-violence claims, you continue to support those who killed (at least) soldiers and bystanders i.e. murder.

I don't find that acceptable.

In fact most of the world doesn't find armed protesters acceptable.

Quite wrong.

You may also find that this depends on many factors. In Syria most of the world finds them acceptable, and in Lybia most of the world has not just found armed protesters acceptable, it has supported them.

And in which of those countries that you mention had an offer of an election been given. I'm sorry Nick but your journalism is of a poor quality and you have little to zero credibility.

• Like 1

As alluded to earlier the government forces were incredibly patient with red shirt protesters, the vast majority of whom were only interested in doing just that, protesting. Unfortunately there were elements within the group, especially the black shirts, who had a different agenda. After a long stand off the situation became untenable with the country being held to ransom and ultimately and after repeated warnings, action had to be taken.

yours is just a rhetorical argument for a gov't killing its own citizens, ie : murder.

I don't find that acceptable...

And i find you unacceptable but hey there we go.

in case there was a misunderstanding, for unacceptable, I meant murder, not his rhetorical argument.