Thaksin's Songkran Cost At Bt6,500 Per Head

Lite Beer

It sounds like a good deal, you can see two of the wonders of the world:

1. The ancient- the vast and impressive former kingdom of Angkhor Wat

2. The modern- one of the world's greatest bare-faced liars in person.

Please, Mr Thaksin, why did yourself and your wife hide millions of baht in your servants' names for several years?

The money was frequently transferred in and out of accounts.

Could it have been used to buy shares in nominee names?

If so, what was the reason, apart from the obvious manipulation of stock prices?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6500 baht? Cheap at half the price!

Really, I did a four day trip to Siem Reap last August for 4,500 including travel and hotel.... inflation eh?

I am involved in taking people on a trip to Siem Reap 13th-15th.

If anyone wants to go the price is 3,650 Bt but we will not arse about taking you on the Tonle Sap and to Angkor Wat. You can make your own way there, as you must if you want to see khun Thaksin.

I doubt you will bump into him in Mikey's Bar or even the Piano Bar.

I prefer the company of bar girls to the red shirt supporters here at least they are not constantly dropping names about whose behind they have had their nose up.

Just returned from Siem Reap it has really changed in 10 years, pub street offers a big choice of watering holes and places to eat.

Edited by moe666

Wow, what entreprenuerial spirit. Good for them.....No travel Agency from here, but just organizers. Three busses filled so far, with no hotel, one day there and back, at 800.00 baht per head. With no interest in seeing Thaksin, I will stay clear of that border chokepoint. Will have a comfortable coffee with a good book at the German Bakery that day instead. Unless some of you want to discuss politics....no problem. I may even spring for a coffee.

Are you able to reasonable debate politics over coffee or will you be borrowing a crate to stand on when you are holding a monologue?

Really, I did a four day trip to Siem Reap last August for 4,500 including travel and hotel.... inflation eh?

I mean cheap for an audience with Thaksin. Imagine. Being able to insult him and the reds to their faces rather than from behind a keyboard. Any takers?

Any security?

Well there won't be many rice farmers taking up that package!

Or the Cassava farmers.

Or the Sugar Cane farmers.

or there field workers and their family's.

People forget all these people are no better off than they were when Thaksin came into power.

Well there are the exceptions that he paid money to for raiding hospitals trying to burn Bangkok down and holding all of the Bangkok business section as a hostage.

Chances are most of that money has been drank up by now.

Ever underestimating.......some people just never learn.....who is in government?

I mean cheap for an audience with Thaksin. Imagine. Being able to insult him and the reds to their faces rather than from behind a keyboard. Any takers?

Any security?

Any point?

• Like 1

Wow, what entreprenuerial spirit. Good for them.....No travel Agency from here, but just organizers. Three busses filled so far, with no hotel, one day there and back, at 800.00 baht per head. With no interest in seeing Thaksin, I will stay clear of that border chokepoint. Will have a comfortable coffee with a good book at the German Bakery that day instead. Unless some of you want to discuss politics....no problem. I may even spring for a coffee.

Now you surprise me.I would have thought that you were one of the organizers of the red trip.

Now you surprise me.I would have thought that you were one of the organizers of the red trip.

Some things are just best left to the Thai..................................but it does take a little time for some people in Thailand to grasp this amazing fact

Any security?

He's a big guy is CH ;)

I prefer the company of bar girls to the red shirt supporters here at least they are not constantly dropping names about whose behind they have had their nose up.

Just returned from Siem Reap it has really changed in 10 years, pub street offers a big choice of watering holes and places to eat.

The, and I mean The, very best Indian curry I have sampled in the last seven years was in Siem Reap.

Whos got the. "I met Thaksin in Siam Reap and all I got was theis red shirt", T shirt concession?

Whos got the. "I met Thaksin in Siam Reap and all I got was this red shirt and five hundred Baht", T shirt concession?

There are only a limited number of people who can get through the border checkpoints per day, so there is no point for Thaksin to provide incentives for people to come and amass like in previous gatherings in Thailand. His devoted followers who will go even without any payment will make up enough numbers that will satisfy him and the UDD. So there is no strong reason for Thaksin to pay these devotees anything.

I think there are many different groups with their own arrangements. I saw a crowd of them today at Imperial World Lat Phrao (where the UDD head office is) getting their paperwork and IDs sorted. They get their passport photos taken with a red background instead of the usual blue. Just about 100% of the crowd were old, with the only exception being the young children of the old Red Shirt parents. It seems that teens or people in their 20s or early 30s have no interest in supporting the Red Shirt movement. Maybe it's because they can see through the smoke and mirrors.

If a very large proportion of the Red Shirt movement consisted of sexy and beautiful girls in their 20s then I think the Red Shirt movement would get a lot more support in this forum, including from myself.

Hmmm... I wonder if they're now going to start paying sexy and beautiful young girls to join their movement, in order to then attract more young guys (and men in general) to join.

Edited by hyperdimension

So there is no strong reason for Thaksin to pay these devotees anything.

Note though, that Thaksin does pay the higher ranking people, as they are the ones who can make a difference to his fortunes. e.g. he paid Kwanchai 500k baht when they last met in Camobodia, and 100k to 200k baht on other occasions:

Meeting with Thaksin part of tour package

The Nation

Travel agency Redtour 999 has advertised a three-day tour package for the red shirts to celebrate Songkran with fugitive former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra in Siem Reap, Cambodia, charging Bt6,500 per head, Matichon Online said yesterday.

Organisers said lese majeste fugitive Jakrapob Penkair would likely take part in the celebrations, too.

The bus trip will begin on April 13 from Bangkok, crossing the border checkpoint at Aranyaprathet into Siem Reap.

The tour will include visits to Angkor Wat and Tonle Sap. The meeting with Thaksin, and possibly Jakrapob, is to take place on April 14. The return trip is on April 15. The tour package will include meals and accommodation at a four-star hotel.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-03-30

One can make unsubstantiated and agenized innuendo about funding all one likes, and denigrate those participating, but one cannot avoid the fact this is going to be a massive citizen movement corroberating electoral results, and repudiating the coupists. If this doesn't give some people pause, they are living in La La land, or ostriching to the extreme.

One can make unsubstantiated and agenized innuendo about funding all one likes, and denigrate those participating, but one cannot avoid the fact this is going to be a massive citizen movement corroberating electoral results, and repudiating the coupists. If this doesn't give some people pause, they are living in La La land, or ostriching to the extreme.

Massive? Hundreds?

This gathering is about seeing Thaksin. Not everyone who voted for Pheu Thai voted because of Yingluck's connection to Thaksin. Many would have voted for the populist policies, but have no interest in Thaksin himself. Also, I'm sure there are many Red Shirts who are truly pro-democracy and hence voted against the "coupists", but do not support Thaksin, so would not attend this event. (Is Sombat and his group going?). So whenever you try to connect Red Shirt gatherings with electoral results you are making false implications, because things are not as straightforward as you try to put it.

But Pheua Thai and Nattawut love the coup leader General Sonthi now. It might encourage him to have another one.

But Pheua Thai and Nattawut love the coup leader General Sonthi now. It might encourage him to have another one.

Be that as it may.Many people are beginning to believe that Sonthi's approach has support at a much higher level.Bit of a quandry for the Dems.Of course they could seize the initiative by winning a general election which would instantly neutralise Thaksin's cunning plots for ever.Only one slight problem - their leading politicians (with one or two exceptions like Korn) are rubbish and the country won't elect them.

Well there won't be many rice farmers taking up that package!

Or the Cassava farmers.

Or the Sugar Cane farmers.

or there field workers and their family's.

People forget all these people are no better off than they were when Thaksin came into power.

Well there are the exceptions that he paid money to for raiding hospitals trying to burn Bangkok down and holding all of the Bangkok business section as a hostage.

Chances are most of that money has been drank up by now.

Ever underestimating.......some people just never learn.....who is in government?

Correct, It is going to take a loooong time to drain the Thai Treasury - but they're working on it.

• Like 1

Just have your coffee and your pay check. Don't waste your time convincing educated people that an elected government is above the law.

A convicted billionaire criminal acting as the Mandela of Thailand. Really sickening. I wish more people in Thailand were educated. THAT would solve many problems. Hitler was elected too.

Maybe anyone wanting to learn about Thai politics first hand and also needing to do a visa run should sign-up for this package. Be sure to dress red.

I might go and wear yellow, but second thoughts... um... no.

Ever stood at the Kop end, wearing a Man U vest?

Me neither, cos we pis**d all over the git, and filled his wellies.

The reds wouldn't pi** on a yellow, they'd kill him.

It wouldn't be the first time.

Maybe anyone wanting to learn about Thai politics first hand and also needing to do a visa run should sign-up for this package. Be sure to dress red.

I might go and wear yellow, but second thoughts... um... no.

Ever stood at the Kop end, wearing a Man U vest?

Me neither, cos we pis**d all over the git, and filled his wellies.

The reds wouldn't pi** on a yellow, they'd kill him.

-mel.

That's exactly why Pib advised to dress red.

Any security?

I doubt you are in danger from Thaksin

< unprovoked, unnecessary, inflammatory baiting snipped >

People get shot for going against Thaksin and the Red Shirts.

Any security?

I doubt you are in danger from Thaksin

< unprovoked, unnecessary, inflammatory baiting snipped >

People get shot for going against Thaksin and the Red Shirts.

And a great deal more get shot for supporting them.