Someone Else Booking Emirates Flight

CMExpat79

Im trying to book a flight to the UK online with Emirates, however it will be my partner who is booking for me, and he will not be on the same flight.

Looking at Emirates site, they state that this is not permitted as the person who pays for the flight via credit card must be in the travel party, which he will not.

However, I have found a site named cheaptickets.th which I think is a travel agent, and they state that they do allow someone else to book a flight for you.

Has anyone done this before, or done so with this company, and was it ok when you checked in? I would go and pay in cash, however I am in Chiang Mai, and need to book the flight asap.

If you book with an agent you pay them and they take the risk if the the payment subsequently fails, rest assured they will not take that risk so you will be ok.

Most airlines these days require the cardholder to travel and most say that they require sight of the card before you board, though not all enforce this rule all of the time. Emirates have this rule and, as you will be aware, and have it on their website, they also don't take virtual cards because of the requirement to produce a card. I have always been asked for the card when I have flown with Emirates.

Some airlines allow you to show the card at one of their offices, I'm not sure if Emirates allows this.

Emirates require you to show the card and do not allow virtual cards, which is why I don't fly with them. Previously they did not mention about virtual cards on their website. If you book with an agent it will be ok though.

I always fly with Etihad now, you can use someone else's card to book without a problem, all you need is the card with you or a scan of the card signed by the owner.

Thank you all for your replies.

I called emirates, and they confirmed booking via an agent would be fine. So my partner booked my ticket that way for me, and all looks fine so far with the booking, which is now confirmed.

thanks again