If Not Candy

tuky

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:D Pinky, your joking right? :D It doesnt even rhyme with kitty, you need to ge her told mate, "sorry love you are not going to name our daughter after a childrens tv character". Just show your missus this pic and then tell her to get serious :o

pinky6vo.jpg

Definitely not "Candy"!  Please!

What about these....any one of these will go very well with Kitty....

...Keri...Kari......Kali...Cali

no please ... all these names can be slang in thai =garee =ho :D

im serious :D

I know you're serious. My real name mispronounced causes many sniggers from Thais.

I have to make sure I give it a rising tone. gaREEE....otherwise I'm telling everyone I'm a streetwalker. :D

I like the name of Katya from the novel 'The Summer of Katya' by Trevanian. I didn't name my daughter this though cos it didn't have much fluency off the tongue combined with her surname.

Plus some stupid people would probably initially read the name as kat-ya. Not that I did of course, cos I didn't, and even if I did (which I didn't) then it would've been a simple mistake to make had I done so, which I didn't and......... :o

Names are tough. I read a story once about a couple who searched for a beautiful but unusual name for their daughter, one that couldn't be made fun of. They settled on Amber. Brought her home to meet their 5 year old son who promptly said, "Hello Amberger". :o

So, good luck to you!

I know you're serious. My real name mispronounced causes many sniggers from Thais.

I have to make sure I give it a rising tone. gaREEE....otherwise I'm telling everyone I'm a streetwalker. :o

The famed Gary name :-)

Actually, the key to it is in the vowel sound:

guree (rhymes with curry) = prostitute

gary (rhymes with larry, marry, carry) = you

The rising tone doesn't really help as you name should not have a rising tone to it IMHO since it is from english.

You can tell the joke though:

Cheu passar ungrit Gary.

Cheu passar Thai Guree.

I tell this joke every time I introduce the one Gary I know, and it works a treat every time. :D

Just be glad you name is not:

Jean Claude Van Damm

(the vagina with the black sunglasses)

For the original poster.....

Katleeya easy for Thai people to say, abbreviate to Kat

or just nickname:

- Maew (cat)

- Miki/Mickey (rhymes)

- Goi (ok, this is funny to me because of the Pinky idea)

Names are tough. I read a story once about a couple who searched for a beautiful but unusual name for their daughter, one that couldn't be made fun of. They settled on Amber. Brought her home to meet their 5 year old son who promptly said, "Hello Amberger". :D

So, good luck to you!

:D

I would agree names are tough, but seemingly not for the missus, as soon as we found out we were expecting a boy, she decided on Joe, why i dont know, but she wont listen to any other suggestions, it HAS to be Joe. I dont actually mind because i like the name Joe, so its worked out ok, only trouble is i know the midwifes sometimes get the sex of the baby wrong, so if they are wrong and its a girl then i thought we would call her Jo without an E but no if its a girl we have to think of another name :D i tell you i give up trying to work out a womans mind, let alone one whos pregenant :o

One girls name i really like Tuky, and thats Poppy, and that would sound ok with Kitty. :D

Tuky - not Pinky - poor lil gal has to live with that. :o

I know mate, I was in a meeting earlier today and I remembered what KW had said about the name. I burst out laughing in the meeting, got some strange looks then some even harder laughs after I explained what I was laughing at.

The worst part is KW was serious.

:D Candy = stripper in my mind. Someone who has tassels.

What about something like Jane/Joan/Jean/June?

Pinky :o aren't they baby piglets as well as Perkys significant other.

I would agree that naming children is a real problem. I named both girls and Mr L didn't have a say in the matter. I was of the opinion that having had 40 weeks of misery through both pregnancies I deserved first crack at the names. He didn't like either but has come round to them now.

I would stress though NOT CANDY or PINKY

Enjoy

Leisurely :D

having had 40 weeks of misery through both pregnancies

So it isnt just my wife then that has been through misery? and she has still got 6 weeks to go. After reading loads of books, they tell you everything about the joy of pregenancy and nothing of the misery. I tell you i wouldnt swap for a million quid with my wife, full respect to all you ladies out there :o