Dating Muslima

Don't.......Seriously!

There are so many guys near where I live that continue to fall in to this trap. They all end up separated and/or divorced. The reasons are simple. If your relationship gets that serious you want to marry then you will have to/pretend convert to Islam. Once you have children the problems will start. About the age of two or three the wife's parents will insist on a strong muslim upbringing for their Grandchild. You may be living away from the Grandparents home area, but your wife WILL up and leave with your child, back to her parental home. There are many broken hearted men I know and when I hear another is about to embark on the same course of action I just say why? I have not known a relationship in Thailand between a muslim girl/non muslim man end any differently. If you have a baby girl she will be a valuable 'asset' to the family, new blood, whitish skin, worthy of a good dowry. I am not being racist or bigoted, these are just the facts from many many thai men I know that fell in love with a muslim woman. All will be great and well until you have children and they reach toddler age. Your wife may even love you very much but when her parents say 'come home and bring the child', thats it, and you will get NO visiting rights.

By the way, don't be fooled by the no sex before marriage thing. Young Muslim women are just as curious about sex as any other young woman, but don't get caught, her brothers will have your gonads.

So...you have been warned. Good luck.

Very true to all, listen and learn to his advice!!

You can't put a price on this advice.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the personal stories will not advise you. Fallow your heart and remember: You always need a good communication with every partner, anywhere in the world.

Despite all my ramblings on here, I wholeheartedly agree with this. Marry someone you can talk to because good looks and good sex will never last!

Right on bro. After the good sex if you can talk to her maybe you can explain your way out of it without loosing a body part.

...............................I wouldn't recommend doing a runner because if that happend to my doughter I would hunt the man to the end of the world.

And .....................there you have it!

And there you have ........................................ sweet FA.

Seems like a typical father to me - if he would have said that he is Jewish (Try to schtupp a Jewish/Israeli girl and see the family's reaction), Catholic or Born Again Christian . . . you would not have made the same ridiculous statement, but a typical one for a bigot

Wow, you leap in to the ring screaming and kicking don't you. So now I am a bigot.......nice! I think you know me not!

Now it is either a typical father, or a father with entrenched religious views, make your mind up. It's not both.

I leaped nowhere, it's obvious enough from your posts what you are and one doesn't need to know you, unless your beliefs are opposite to what you write here.

Oh, but it can be both . . . who are you to say it cannot be? Ah, you're saying that only religious fathers would be upset at their daughters being schtupped . . .

So . . . is the general consensus that it's a bad idea? lol

To be honest, the general consensus on TV is that getting married in general is a bad idea, and every time some suggests it, their case is singled out as a particularly bad idea. I personally am glad that I am already married, or I might be quite disheartened. People seem haopy to generalise about their own bad experience, or bad experience that they have witnessed or heard about, or read about, or imagined, or could imagine, if they set their mind to it...

I suppose if he posts a thread asking for advice based solely on the fact that she is a muslim, then he is bound to get advice based on prejudice and stereotype. My recommendation is to regret ever having asked the question, and do whatever he sees fit

SC

TV is the last place on earth I would post 'relationship' or 'advice' type questions lol

Come on ... TV gives advice you could not buy ... or bother to pay for!

unlike many of the women the advice refers to.

And .....................there you have it!

And there you have ........................................ sweet FA.

Seems like a typical father to me - if he would have said that he is Jewish (Try to schtupp a Jewish/Israeli girl and see the family's reaction), Catholic or Born Again Christian . . . you would not have made the same ridiculous statement, but a typical one for a bigot

Wow, you leap in to the ring screaming and kicking don't you. So now I am a bigot.......nice! I think you know me not!

Now it is either a typical father, or a father with entrenched religious views, make your mind up. It's not both.

I leaped nowhere, it's obvious enough from your posts what you are and one doesn't need to know you, unless your beliefs are opposite to what you write here.

Oh, but it can be both . . . who are you to say it cannot be? Ah, you're saying that only religious fathers would be upset at their daughters being schtupped . . .

I am referring to what you have written and how you have written it. rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

No, I am intrigued. Which posts exactly do I display traits of being a bigot. You say you have read them, come on then, which ones. Who/what exactly am I displaying a bigoted trait towards.

I am sorry but there is nothing about this backward religion ,that has a phrophet who was married to a six year old girl and consumated it when she was 9 that would for a moment get me to join it .

It's all good as long as we have a CHOICE.

A Choice is one thing but when families and communities start ostracizing, when some countries wont let you not believe etc etc, the whole things a farce, its as ridiculous as fairies at the bottom of the garden in fact that makes a s much sense and is as valid but would be ridiculed by the so called faithful.

One-way Street

Interesting reading the entire above particular the mentioning life is not a One-way Street.

Well all the above seem to be pretty much One-way Street because not a one of them even touches on the subject of what can happen to the female.

From observations in different countries if the female has relations in Yemen she can put her head between her legs and kiss her ass goodbye.

I will just mention one case and the Yemeni is still on the FBI wanted list.

The spectacle happen in Reedley / Dinuba of the Fresno area in California. The girl was hanging around with non Muslim girls at the college and not being covered as a good Muslim female must and talking to boys (there wasn’t even sex involved) anyhow one of the Yemen relatives who she never knew about or ever had seen because being born in California flow over to California, walked up to her on the street during school lunch hour while she was walking with her non Muslim school friends, he got out a car, pulled a gun, blasted her head off, got in the car, and as it turned out back to Los Angeles, got on a plane back to Yemen, all this while the local police was still in the process of picking up the dead body from the sidewalk.

A couple decades later the FBI is still looking for him.

How does anybody know if the Muslim female has Yemen relative(s) whose honor is being trampled on?????????????

Stay with the religion you were raised with, or if you are Agnostic or Atheist stay with one of the same, no not belief, because Agnostic or Atheist do not belief, they hold an opinion.

Even getting tangled up with the Buddhist philosophy, yes philosophy, Buddhism is not a religion – it has no heaven or hell or hymn singing i.e. the Americanized Buddhism temple on Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA - in the long haul can turn into problems? No need to jump on your high horse, as an Atheist I follow Buddhist philosophy.

Since 2008 I have been happily married to a Thai Muslim woman and living with her in Bangkok. She (and her family) is, like most Thai Muslims, not very strickt about her religion, and equally practice and respects Bhuddism as a true Thai. The only difference I feel in this marriage is, that she eats no pork, while I am still allowed to eat as much pork as I like. Kissing after me eating port is also not a problem. We did not have any sex on the first date, which I actually appreciated, but certainly catched up on the second date, which was a short holiday in a nice holiday resort. She drink´s no or very little alcohol, which I only find to be an advantage. She has never in her life worn a scarf and she knows, that if she should ever consider to change her mind and do so, I would immediately leave her.

I am an Atheist (born Christian) and would definitely not have married her, if she and her family had been very strict, and required that I would have to convert to Islam. Her father would for sure have been more happy, if I had converted before the marriage, but today he clearly see that it doesn´t really matter. If she was a Thai Muslim from the south of Thailand, things might have been very different.

If the OP would like to ask me any specific questions about marrying af Thai Muslim girl / woman, please feel free to PM me.

NOBODY is born a muslim christian jew fairy person or anything else its usually FORCED on them, indoctrinated into them, I find it all rather sickening its child abuse

What's a fairy person? Not familiar with that sect.

While I think all boy babies should be clipped,passifier.gif no questions asked, they'll never remember the day of pain, I generally agree that children should not be indoctrinated into religious dogma.

Rather I feel they should be taught a liberal education, theories of religions, theories of non-belief, cultural history, etc. and allowed to make their own decisions when they grew up, similar to sexual orientation.

If for some strange reason a younger child feels the need to be a religious zealot, let them, it's probably just a phase. Resisting that will make them rebel and they could go jihad or something.

However, on ethnic identity, that is different than religious dogma, and I think that is real and that is rich.

Edited by Jingthing

One-way Street

Interesting reading the entire above particular the mentioning life is not a One-way Street.

Well all the above seem to be pretty much One-way Street because not a one of them even touches on the subject of what can happen to the female.

From observations in different countries if the female has relations in Yemen she can put her head between her legs and kiss her ass goodbye.

The spectacle happen in Reedley / Dinuba of the Fresno area in California. The girl was hanging around with non Muslim girls at the college and not being covered as a good Muslim female must and talking to boys (there wasn’t even sex involved) anyhow one of the Yemen relatives who she never knew about or ever had seen because being born in California flow over to California, walked up to her on the street during school lunch hour while she was walking with her non Muslim school friends, he got out a car, pulled a gun, blasted her head off, got in the car, and as it turned out back to Los Angeles, got on a plane back to Yemen, all this while the local police was still in the process of picking up the dead body from the sidewalk.

How does anybody know if the Muslim female has Yemen relative(s) whose honor is being trampled on?????????????

Stay with the religion you were raised with, or if you are Agnostic or Atheist stay with one of the same, no not belief, because Agnostic or Atheist do not belief, they hold an opinion.

Even getting tangled up with the Buddhist philosophy, yes philosophy, Buddhism is not a religion – it has no heaven or hell or hymn singing i.e. the Americanized Buddhism temple on Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA - in the long haul can turn into problems? No need to jump on your high horse, as an Atheist I follow Buddhist philosophy.

Buddhism is a religion in Thailand and to the American IRS. Before you get on your high horse ask any one of the 60 million Thai Buddhists if it is a religion. Do Thai people know anything about the philosophy of Buddhism? 99% don't have a clue. After you have been in Thailand for a while you can start posting intelligently about Thailand. Or you could read the Buddha forum on TV for a while.

While I think all boy babies should be clipped,passifier.gif no questions asked, they'll never remember the day of pain, I generally agree that children should not be indoctrinated into religious dogma.

Rather I feel they should be taught a liberal education, theories of religions, theories of non-belief, cultural history, etc. and allowed to make their own decisions when they grew up, similar to sexual orientation.

If for some strange reason a younger child feels the need to be a religious zealot, let them, it's probably just a phase. Resisting that will make them rebel and they could go jihad or something.

However, on ethnic identity, that is different than religious dogma, and I think that is real and that is rich.

I think fairy people work at Disney world but that is in a different thread. Maybe the poster got confused.

One-way Street

thank you for the insight. thank you for this brief peek inside your head.

Google Joshua and ask his mum if he should have been clipped! They nicked an artery, he died very soon after, she remembers the pain every day. And............there are many more many died, many many missing the top of the glans (yeah, more sensitive sex eh). Seems you are happy with giving people a choice for everything apart from Male Genital Mutilation. Stick a hook and weights through it when you are 18 if you want Jingthing, but until then, leave them as God made them eh!

The Fairy sect is somewhere between the Mormons and Scientologists.

Edited by GentlemanJim
  • Like 2

Google Joshua and ask his mum if he should have been clipped! They nicked an artery, he died very soon after, she remembers the pain every day. And............there are many more many died, many many missing the top of the glans (yeah, more sensitive sex eh). Seems you are happy with giving people a choice for everything apart from Male Genital Mutilation. Stick a hook and weights through it when you are 18 if you want Jingthing, but until then, leave them as God made them eh!

The Fairy sect is somewhere between the Mormons and Scientologists.

Could we do a poll? How many people who are circumcised would rather not be circumcised? How many people who are not circumcised would rather be circumcised? I would think we would get 100% want to stay with the status quo. I mean does anyone really doubt the JT is and GM is not?

One-way Street

Let's face it - we can scarcely lead our lives on the basis of lunatics shooting people in America I really don't see the relevance of this story at all, except for the purposes of enflaming prejudice and bigotry.

SC

One-way Street

Let's face it - we can scarcely lead our lives on the basis of lunatics shooting people in America I really don't see the relevance of this story at all, except for the purposes of enflaming prejudice and bigotry.

SC

People tend to write and act and think about things they are familiar with. In his case it is California and not Thailand. Give him a few years to get uncalifornicated.

One-way Street

SC

People tend to write and act and think about things they are familiar with. In his case it is California and not Thailand. Give him a few years to get uncalifornicated.

Do people in California really base their lives on the behaviour of lunatics?

Its bad enough electing them, but I can't believe that they take them seriously.

I suppose with so much diversity within one's own country, it is hard to imagine anything different

SC

SC

One-way Street

SC

Do people in California really base their lives on the behaviour of lunatics?

Its bad enough electing them, but I can't believe that they take them seriously.

I suppose with so much diversity within one's own country, it is hard to imagine anything different

SC

SC

California and New York City are both odd places. Not the same at all but odd nonetheless. Both places think they have a monopoly on the truth or reality. Not in the world but in the US.

Edited by kerryk

Don't.......Seriously!

There are so many guys near where I live that continue to fall in to this trap. They all end up separated and/or divorced. The reasons are simple. If your relationship gets that serious you want to marry then you will have to/pretend convert to Islam. Once you have children the problems will start. About the age of two or three the wife's parents will insist on a strong muslim upbringing for their Grandchild.

Of course this assumes the OP wouldn't want his kids raised as Muslims, it sounds like this one wouldn't have a problem with that.

And many families, especially in Thailand, are not your stereotypical rabid fundamentalists, and many just go through the motions giving their faith lip service only, just as with most so-called Christians. As long as the indoctrination isn't exclusionary of the real world, the kids will make up their own minds just like all of us when the time comes.

The key to being a good Dad is taking a strong role in day to day parenting, if you arrange your life so your input to your kids development is capable of becoming marginalized by anyone else, you're very unlikely to be happy with the results even if you're all of the same religion.

More general advice - make it clear to any potential spouse that you plan to move your family far away from the inlaws, and she should be prepared to follow you anywhere you go. You will of course need to factor in visits back home, every other year or so is reasonable IMO, more frequently if it's affordable.

Anyone entering into a cross-cultural marriage and settling down in her home territory is IMO giving up their soul.

Anyone entering into a cross-cultural marriage and settling down in her home territory is IMO giving up their soul.

You're not giving up your soul, that is an overstatement........what you are ensuring though is that one of you will not live in their home culture as a married couple at any given time.

That is a bigger deal than people think, and that applies to Western marriages too.

edit......to re-phrase,

Edited by theblether

You're not giving up your soul, that is an overstatement........what you are ensuring though is that one of you will not live in their home culture as a married couple at any given time.

That is a bigger deal than people think, and that applies to Western marriages too.

edit......to re-phrase,

How true that last statement is Mr B.!

• Like 1

this region of the world where good wives are not a rare commodity.

There isn't any such region of the world.

In fact I'd go so far as to say if you see wives as a commodity you'll never "find" a good one.

and yet strangely throughout a vast part of the world wives are seen as commodities

this region of the world where good wives are not a rare commodity.

There isn't any such region of the world.

In fact I'd go so far as to say if you see wives as a commodity you'll never "find" a good one.

Don't be so sensitive. You're taking the comment too literally. Scrub "commodity" and read again.

edit......to re-phrase,

Yes of course, what I meant was that I can't imagine finding that situation tolerable.

I have no problem living in in other cultures, would personally rather never live back in farangland. And I love my inlaws dearly and visit them frequently, send the kids to live with them for weeks at a time, long after I've abandoned all hope of getting along with their daughter.

It's just giving up too much control, putting yourself in the position of constantly being the odd one out.

I think the ideal solution is to live where the culture is foreign to both partners, so that you can work out together how you want the kids to be raised, "we're in it together" strengthen the nuclear family's harmony, synergy, unity. Bangkok being far enough wrt most young dirt-poor Isaan girls straight off the rice farm - my current "partner" is still leaving footprints on the toilet seat 8-)

And

: IMO highly overrated, only useful when the SO is verbally oriented and rational. Maybe I just tend not to be attracted to that type.