Eva To Join Star Alliance

WilliaminBKK

Another good airline down the pan.

In what way? Same as Singapore or Lufthansa?

Lufthansa for a start, terrible food and service. I think that when airlines join the big groups and share flights the standards go west.

while you fly east

Lufthansa for a start, terrible food and service. I think that when airlines join the big groups and share flights the standards go west.

while you fly east

Given the fact that I live in Thailand I usually fly West.

NO!!!!

This is great news.

EVA already had baggage and transfer agreements with TG and now with the link to Air Canada, North american visitors will have a great option. AC is rated the best carrier in North America (yes I know AC sucks, but look at the crap it competes with.) This will also give US passengers a much better alternative to the dismal service offerings of United and American. For EU travelers, the ability to flawlessly transfer and to Lufthansa and austrian will be a plus.

The downside is that I think EVA will raise its airfares.

The downside is that I think EVA will raise its airfares.

Considering the price of oil and the fact that production won't increase, I think not only they will raise prices. I still remember flying to BKK from SFO on ANA for just over $600 return in July of '99. Seems like a dream now.