How Does Your Company Pay Salary? By Cheque Or Bank Transfer

I was wondering, in Thailand how do most companies pay their staff? By cheque or by bank transfer?

I pay them by cheque but sometimes a new employee who will look confused about what a cheque is and what to do with it.

Is there any bank here that offers a good system that allows employers to transfer salary to employees?

• Like 1

SCB Easynet, once you add an account you can tranfer instantly..also set up as monthly payment...I believe Kasikorn and also Bangkok Bank have internet banking. with SCB its free to the same branch, 10 baht to a different SCB branch and 25 baht to other banks....also the recipitent recieves an sms if you insert their telephone number....

Most companies, schools, etc. pay by cash. A Thai wouldn't know what to do with a check except maybe use it as a book-mark.

They want cash mate. That is also part of the fun and excitement on pay day when you call them all around and count out their salary they are happy just like kids and very excited and will "wy" you and run to the store to re-fill their mobiles and buy soda etc.

Giving them a check is like an insult really.

I used to look forward to pay day just to make everyone so happy and excited it made it all worth while.

You think they want to deal with checks, bank line ups etc.?

This is Thailand mate get with the program. When in Rome......

Edited by Gone

I pay everyone by bank transfer and I require everyone to have account with the same bank as mine so I don’t have to pay bank transfer fee. I pay the salary on the last day of the month it means they don’t get pay for the last day till next month

Cash for day labourers, transient workers, bank transfer for everyone else. Never heard of any Thai or foreign company in Thailand paying by cheque. Most Thais have never seen one and they certainly wouldn't like the idea of waiting one to three days for their cheque to clear.