Bomb Rocks Hat Yai Hotel, Over 200 People Trapped

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Confirmed by Police. Car bomb explosion caused the fire. Now 5 dead and counting. Cars can easily be parked outside Mac Donalds. Have often said to my friends why they would allow any traffic in this street as it is the prime target for terroists .This did not need to happen. They made it too easy to park a car right next to the side of Mac Donalds as you exit the car park.

Such bombings are a common tactic of Islamist separatists who have been waging an insurgency in Thailand three southernmost provinces since early 2004. The conflict has taken more than 5,000 lives.

Time to go to a coutry where people LIKE Muslims........ jap.gif

Confirmed by Police. Car bomb explosion caused the fire. Now 5 dead and counting. Cars can easily be parked outside Mac Donalds. Have often said to my friends why they would allow any traffic in this street as it is the prime target for terroists .This did not need to happen. They made it too easy to park a car right next to the side of Mac Donalds as you exit the car park.

Guess you forgot the DRIVE in Section......jap.gif

Gonna get worse.

Prime target for Muslims. The man has been in Arabia, wanted to sell the rice fields to his mates there, remember?

Unrest in Thailand equals the establishment of a totalitarian regime.

That was the plan all along.

"Democracy is a tool. It is not my aim."

Who said that? Can anyone wearing red remember?

Sad but true. The only way this is going to be resolved is if Muslims or ethnic Malays (whichever term you like to use) are segregated from buddhists (Esan imports I have heard mostly). The vicious cycle has started and it will not end. Irrelevant who started it but some would say it started of with the Thai government killing innocent Muslims - hundreds of them. But the fact is there are two sides killing each other and it won't ever stop - 5,000 dead, 10,000 coming soon. Muslims won't kill Muslims and Budhists won't kill Budhists unless they are seen as collaborators. Clearly the melting pot is not working. And remember the buddhists were sent to the far South to dilute the Malay population like the Chinese are sent to Tibet to dilute the Tibetan culture. Perhaps it is time the buddhists went back to Esan in the name of peace even though of course many were born here now. The Muslims say every Muslim is my brother or sister like Christians. The buddhists say everyone else is below or above me regarding re-incarnation. The Muslims or Malays, whatever you call them, are incompatible with the Buddhists. The Thai government should swallow their pride and send the Buddhists back and admit the dilution problem was wrong. I am agnostic but I am a realist and I want peace. I hope the Chinese will do the same with Tibet. What kicked this off it seems was the 4 innocents coming home from prayers killed by soldiers which spiked the killed in February to 39. It is a no brainer - segregation. Again, the melting pot is not working.

Edited by heiwa

Gonna get worse.

Prime target for Muslims. The man has been in Arabia, wanted to sell the rice fields to his mates there, remember?

Unrest in Thailand equals the establishment of a totalitarian regime.

That was the plan all along.

"Democracy is a tool. It is not my aim."

Who said that? Can anyone wearing red remember?

uh, what are you suggesting... unrest in the south helps thaksin in the polls?

"that was the goal all along" - sounds like the ramblings of a true conspiracy nut.

btw, taking quotes out of context is a dangerous tool, even if it's not your aim.

• Like 1

Sad but true. The only way this is going to be resolved is if Muslims or ethnic Malays (whichever term you like to use) are segregated from buddhists (Esan imports I have heard mostly). The vicious cycle has started and it will not end. Irrelevant who started it. But the fact is there are two sides killing each other and it won't ever stop - 5,000 dead, 10,000 coming soon. Muslims won't kill Muslims and Budhists won't kill Budhists unless they are seen as collaborators. Clearly the melting pot is not working. And remember the buddhists were sent to the far South to dilute the Malay population like the Chinese are sent to Tibet to dilute the Tibetan culture. Perhaps it is time the buddhists went back to Esan in the name of peace even though of course many were born here now. The Muslims say every man is my brother or sister like Christians. The buddhists say everyone else is below or under me. The Muslims or Malays, whatever you call them, will never accept this thinking and the war will never end. The Thai government should swallow their pride and send the Buddhists back and admit the dilution problem was wrong. I am agnostic but I am a realist and I want peace. I hope the Chinese will do the same with Tibet.

Your naive -but well meant- suggestion won't happen in our lifetime.

Or for that matter work. Muslims have no problems killing each other in the name of Allah.

• Like 1

Sad but true. The only way this is going to be resolved is if Muslims or ethnic Malays (whichever term you like to use) are segregated from buddhists (Esan imports I have heard mostly). The vicious cycle has started and it will not end. Irrelevant who started it. But the fact is there are two sides killing each other and it won't ever stop - 5,000 dead, 10,000 coming soon. Muslims won't kill Muslims and Budhists won't kill Budhists unless they are seen as collaborators. Clearly the melting pot is not working. And remember the buddhists were sent to the far South to dilute the Malay population like the Chinese are sent to Tibet to dilute the Tibetan culture. Perhaps it is time the buddhists went back to Esan in the name of peace even though of course many were born here now. The Muslims say every man is my brother or sister like Christians. The buddhists say everyone else is below or under me. The Muslims or Malays, whatever you call them, will never accept this thinking and the war will never end. The Thai government should swallow their pride and send the Buddhists back and admit the dilution problem was wrong. I am agnostic but I am a realist and I want peace. I hope the Chinese will do the same with Tibet.

Granted I am naive, this not about what is right, this is about who holds on to power and therefore ethics and body count is irrelevant. What matters is who is on top - killings of Southerners - both Thai (ethnic Laos) buddhists and ethnic Malays/Muslims and tourists = farang/Malays/Singaporeans a secondary importance where the pretence of concern should fool most of the people

Or for that matter work. Muslims have no problems killing each other in the name of Allah.

Very true segregate the different groups of Islam. The need to do that in Iraq NOW! The idea of the beautiful melting pot is a very nice dream 555. Luckily Thailand is 99.9% Sunni so this should stop them killing each other.

A post quoting the Bangkok Post has been removed. For those not familiar with the forum rule ...

31) Bangkok Post do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post publications will be deleted from the forum. Please note that this is a decision by the Bangkok Post, not by Thaivisa.com and any complaints or other issues concerning this rule should be directed to them. Quotes from and links to Phuketwan are also not allowed and will also be removed. In special cases forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources.

Granted I am naive, this not about what is right, this is about who holds on to power and therefore ethics and body count is irrelevant. What matters is who is on top - killings of Southerners - both Thai (ethnic Laos) buddhists and ethnic Malays/Muslims and tourists = farang/Malays/Singaporeans a secondary importance where the pretence of concern should fool most of the people

Very true segregate the different groups of Islam. The need to do that in Iraq NOW! The idea of the beautiful melting pot is a very nice dream 555. Luckily Thailand is 99.9% Sunni so this should stop them killing each other.

I'm surprised at the number of farangs posting who are in Hat Yai. Well I guess some could be Chinese or other Asians or even Thais for that matter. But I did see a number of farangs in the video clips posted. Last time I was there visiting family I spent about 22 days in Hat Yai. In 22 days I may have seen a total of 6 farangs the entire time I was there. People often stared at me as though they had never seen a farang before. On day trips to Songkhla I might have seen 2 in an entire day, while on overnight trips to Pattani, I was always the only farang. Are there some new foreign corporations/job opportunities for foreigners in the region or something? Just curious as to the change in demographics of the region since I was there last in 2008-2009.

Those that are on-site contributing are doing an excellent job. Thanks for your efforts; all of you.

I think one should encourage them.Worldwide problem will solve itself that way.
  • Like 1

RT@RichardBarrow: Picture of the "car bomb" for sure at Lee Garden Hat Yai: http://t.co/EPZN79oz - TR @idongphoto

550496571.jpg?key=600400

Wow. So there you have it.

Seeing such success I'm sure there are more to follow.

I'm sure if this gets any real international press there will be a few cancelled trips to the Kingdom. Car bombs and hotels don't make a good mix for tourism.

That said, the Thai government still may come through with a clean-up story much like they did saying the Iranian who blew his legs off was not a terrorist and it wasn't anything to worry about.

Muslims again..... why do they have to destroy a peaceful country like Thailand.

Its the "Religion of Peace" isn't it.

And ref post #117, was there ever a more appropriate name than "Wacky Somchai"!

Edited by JAG

Segregation - it worked SO well in India. Should they get nukes too?

Lucky Thailand is 99.9% Sunni, while the UK is 90% <deleted>, so my pommy mates say.

Sad but true. The only way this is going to be resolved is if Muslims or ethnic Malays (whichever term you like to use) are segregated from buddhists (Esan imports I have heard mostly). The vicious cycle has started and it will not end. Irrelevant who started it but some would say it started of with the Thai government killing innocent Muslims - hundreds of them. But the fact is there are two sides killing each other and it won't ever stop - 5,000 dead, 10,000 coming soon. Muslims won't kill Muslims and Budhists won't kill Budhists unless they are seen as collaborators. Clearly the melting pot is not working. And remember the buddhists were sent to the far South to dilute the Malay population like the Chinese are sent to Tibet to dilute the Tibetan culture. Perhaps it is time the buddhists went back to Esan in the name of peace even though of course many were born here now. The Muslims say every Muslim is my brother or sister like Christians. The buddhists say everyone else is below or above me regarding re-incarnation. The Muslims or Malays, whatever you call them, are incompatible with the Buddhists. The Thai government should swallow their pride and send the Buddhists back and admit the dilution problem was wrong. I am agnostic but I am a realist and I want peace. I hope the Chinese will do the same with Tibet. What kicked this off it seems was the 4 innocents coming home from prayers killed by soldiers which spiked the killed in February to 39. It is a no brainer - segregation. Again, the melting pot is not working.

" Muslims won't kill Muslims........" That must be the joke of the (admittedly new) century. Would you care to explain how the 7 bombs in Yala were designed to discriminate - some form of shaped charge, or divine intervention perhaps. Whichever, it needs some redesign.

It is a muslim tenet that those of the faith killed in Jihad go directly to paradise, so collateral damage muslims are actually LUCKY. I won't even mention inter-sect violence that has killed millions (not sure if they get an Advance to GO).