Car Bomb Suspected In Hat Yai Hotel

Lite Beer

Stayed at the Lee Gardens Hotel a few times and parked my car underneath. Makes you (me) think.

Is this inadmissible in court? ohmy.png

-mel. giggle.gifwink.png

Shhhhhh dont tell anyone ok?

Edited by boggle

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its time the Thai govt admits to the secret they have been keeping this past 8 yrs. This is an insurgency sponsored in part by the govt of thailands southern neighbour. With insurgents receiving training on malaysia soil, syria and libya. If thailand wants control of the southern provinces better bring in properly trained counter insurgent enforcement staff to deal with the situation appropriately.

Fully wrong, Malaysia is helping Thailand. Even Dr Mahatir has tried a mediation around a year ago. Malaysian people are too much busy by doing business and developing their own country, they need a peaceful environment, having paid an heavy tribute years ago to the racial divisions. The current motto is "1 Malaysia". Malaysia is actively hunting for islamist extremists, jailing or killing them (as recently for an leader caught in Johor Bahru area)

In the current HatYai issue, one Malaysian has been killed and at least 17 injured.

If you want to know about the conflict read this (conflict in Southern Thailand SIPRI paper number 20) http://books.sipri.org/files/PP/SIPRIPP20.pdf

i wish i was wrong but this is in fact what some malaysian law makers are saying. You are correct that govt is keeping its civilians busy working to develop the country, just as they keep the opposition gagged or in court. But their military has not had a lot to do for several decades. An insurgency helps to give them something to do and keeps their generals from having higher aspirations. If you doubt this is true then ask any higher official in the malaysian govt

Its time the Thai govt admits to the secret they have been keeping this past 8 yrs. This is an insurgency sponsored in part by the govt of thailands southern neighbour. With insurgents receiving training on malaysia soil, syria and libya. If thailand wants control of the southern provinces better bring in properly trained counter insurgent enforcement staff to deal with the situation appropriately.

Fully wrong, Malaysia is helping Thailand. Even Dr Mahatir has tried a mediation around a year ago. Malaysian people are too much busy by doing business and developing their own country, they need a peaceful environment, having paid an heavy tribute years ago to the racial divisions. The current motto is "1 Malaysia". Malaysia is actively hunting for islamist extremists, jailing or killing them (as recently for an leader caught in Johor Bahru area)

In the current HatYai issue, one Malaysian has been killed and at least 17 injured.

If you want to know about the conflict read this (conflict in Southern Thailand SIPRI paper number 20)

i wish i was wrong but this is in fact what some malaysian law makers are saying. You are correct that govt is keeping its civilians busy working to develop the country, just as they keep the opposition gagged or in court. But their military has not had a lot to do for several decades. An insurgency helps to give them something to do and keeps their generals from having higher aspirations. If you doubt this is true then ask any higher official in the malaysian govt

I will in 14 days time as I will have the opportunity to do so. Lets see if your comment is correct.

It is interesting to see that the Governor of Songkhla (red obviously) has said that if a head of family were killed during these blatant terrorist attacks the family will receive 50 000 baht, if a non head of family is killed they will get 25 000 baht. Meanwhile the same red backed Government is about to dish out 7.5 million baht each, to those Thais injured during the terrorist attacks on Bangkok while they were participating in trying to burn Bangkok down. huh.pngmad.gif

I have never seen my wife so angry. There are a lot of really pi**ed off Thais in this country at the moment.

I wonder if the southern insurgents will be included in the political amnesty?

If you want to know about the conflict read this (conflict in Southern Thailand SIPRI paper number 20) http://books.sipri.org/files/PP/SIPRIPP20.pdf

For your information, I am spending my time between Malaysia and Thailand and by my professional activity, I am in touch with some Malaysian Militaries (Aviation): to my knowledge, their main concerns are about what may happen in the China sea, consequently they focus on protecting their interests around Sabah and Sarawak particularly interested by the offshore activities. Malaysian Militaries are quite busy by the potential threats in this area as well as their boundary surveillance. In the Malacca straits, the recent build up of a Coast Guard unit (for fighting piracy -mainly from Indonesia) keep them also quite busy.

May I underline that during the Communist attempt of infiltration (from Thailand), there was a good collaboration between Thai and Malaysians armies. Also, Malaysia has never revendicated the 3 sultanates.

Back to Hat Yai events, from the Malaysian Star:

"The Governor of Songkla Grisada Boonrach apologised to Malaysians on Sunday over the Lee Garden Plaza Hotel explosion in Haadyai on Saturday that killed a Malaysian and injured 10 other Malaysians" which shows the current relation between Thais and Malaysians.

It is interesting to see that the Governor of Songkhla (red obviously) has said that if a head of family were killed during these blatant terrorist attacks the family will receive 50 000 baht, if a non head of family is killed they will get 25 000 baht. Meanwhile the same red backed Government is about to dish out 7.5 million baht each, to those Thais injured during the terrorist attacks on Bangkok while they were participating in trying to burn Bangkok down. huh.pngmad.gif

I have never seen my wife so angry. There are a lot of really pi**ed off Thais in this country at the moment.

How about start blaming the army?they kill and rape on daily basis,and they kill innocents,not long ago the army killed 4 villagers,nobody of the army held responsible for it,all they said was"oops it was a miss understanding"The army makes billions of bath in south thailand with border trade,its the reason why they don't want to leave,2-3 former governments suggested they should leave,but the army said"no way"the army has to much power.They do what they want to do.Mr.Thaksin tried to take away power from the army,it's one reason why they sacked him

@ AsianAdviser,

I'm curious about your comparison to the IRA situation. Was there an external connection between the IRA and an ideological or radical religious group? I think a big part of the problem here may be the connection with a radical, militant Islam that ties "true believers" with a global movement. I understand that teachers in the local Muslim schools are trained and probably radicalized in places such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the Middle East. They may be coming back and then making the schools recruiting grounds for more radical "true believers". Although i find your idea intriguing, it seems that the IRA parallels only go so far.

What percentage of terrorist activity in the world, is carried out by Muslims?

I think there must be a connection.

Do you think this has to with a Palestine home land?

Is it a good enough reason to kill innocents all over the globe? They sure don't kill very many Israelis. Mostly they kill their own.

I think the real connection is they embrace death. It is good for them and good for their enemies too.

Very different and incompatible with western civilization. But life is cheaper in Asia so they get less outrage here.

Edited by canuckamuck

Do you think this has to with a Palestine home land?

Hey Harry ,I hardly think this has anything to do with Palestine!, but then again its very trendy to blames the Jews for everything these days ain't it!!.
  • Like 1

Agree. It must be right up there.

98%?

As I have already stated in the yesterday thread now locked: to put all the load on the muslim is unfair for the large majority of them and it is helping the terrorists, small minority which is very happy that some are enlarging their base to all muslims. Be more cute and do not fall in their trap!

I don't believe the previous posters intended to "put all the load" on all Muslims. Rather, I believe the posters were simply noting that most of the acts of violence to which they referred have been carried out by Muslims, which seems like a fair assessment to me. The connection, what these various groups of killers have in common, is their religion, Islam.

Edited by xray

Further discussion of Israel or Palestine will result in a suspension. Unless someone has a CREDIBLE link to something, I think we can dispense with that discussion in this thread.

Suspected insurgents kill 14, wound 340 in Thailand bombings

Suspected Muslim insurgents staged the most deadly coordinated attacks in years in Thailand’s restive south, killing 14 people and wounding 340 with car bombs that targeted Saturday shoppers and a high-rise hotel frequented by foreign tourists.

A first batch of explosives planted inside a parked pickup truck ripped through an area of restaurants and shops in a busy area of Yala city, a main commercial hub of Thailand’s restive southern provinces, said district police chief Col. Kritsada Kaewchandee.

About 20 minutes later, just as onlookers gathered at the blast site, a second car bomb exploded, causing the majority of casualties. Eleven people were killed and 110 wounded by the blasts. “This is the worst attack in the past few years,” said Col. Pramote Promin, deputy spokesman of a regional security agency. “The suspected insurgents were targeting people’s lives. They (chose) a bustling commercial area, so they wanted to harm people.”

Continues:

http://www.telegram....ss01&source=rss

aplogo.jpg

-- (c) Associated Press 12 minutes ago

98%?

I can also come up with a number out of nowhere and say 79% of thaivisa contributors are nazis. It doesn't make it true.

The only proven statistic I had the time to dig up is this:

According to religious history professor Jan Hjärpe there were in 2008 - 515 acts of terror in the EU countries. The number of muslims responsible for those terror acts were zero. Yes, nil.

Most of the acts were carried out by Basque nationalists in Spain. At second place were the Corsicans.

Source 00.00-00.40:

Edited by stormstereo

MFA advises against travel to Hat Yai, Yala after bomb blasts

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on Sunday issued a statement advising Singaporeans to postpone all non-essential trips to Thailand's troubled south.

This follows Saturday's bomb blasts in the city of Yala, and at the Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel in Hat Yai. Explosions caused by car bombs killed a total of 14 people and left 340 injured.

The Ministry urges all Singaporeans to defer travel to the southern provinces of Yala, Pattani, Narathiwat and Songkhla in Thailand for the time being.

Continues:

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Singapore/Story/STIStory_784189.html

Straits Times - April 1, 2012

I can also come up with a number out of nowhere and say 79% of thaivisa contributors are nazis. It doesn't make it true.

According to religious history professor Jan Hjärpe there were in 2008 - 515 acts of terror in the EU countries. The number of muslims responsible for those terror acts were zero. Yes, nil.

Most of the acts were carried out by Basque nationalists in Spain. At second place were the Corsicans.

Source 00.00-00.40:

That would offset the 18,665 Muslim terror attacks since 9/11, worldwide that is, which is no doubt more representative than the E.U. Try googling for it, I believe there is a site keeping stats organized by year each with a source cited from mainstream press. Indeed the 14 killed here in Thailand is featured in the list for month just ended.

Edited by Steely Dan

I am just thinking if the foreigner arrested in Bangkok earlier had anything to do with the synchronize bombing in Hat Yai, Yala and Pattani? If so, do you think this is just the beginning?

As for the post on Malaysia, I think Malaysia is somehow involved, not in the government level but a niche group of extremist as some of the most wanted Al Qaeda link South East Asian militants are Malaysian and so far no Malaysia has not been affected unlike the neighbouring countries such as Thailand, Indonesia, The Philippines and even to the extend Singapore.

Edited by Scott
formatting

MFA advises against travel to Hat Yai, Yala after bomb blasts

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) on Sunday issued a statement advising Singaporeans to postpone all non-essential trips to Thailand's troubled south.

Avoid going to Southern Thailand, Malaysians warned

Malaysia has issued a travel warning against Malaysians going to Southern Thailand following the bomb blasts.

Foreign minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman cautioned Malaysians to avoid going there for the time being.

Read more:

http://www.nst.com.m...1#ixzz1qmUa9rAz

New Straits Times - April 1, 2012

98%?

It has been said that statistics are like people: torture them enough and they will tell you anything.

Wikipedia's list of terrorist incidents for 2008...

http://en.wikipedia....incidents,_2008

Edited by xray

They are indeed going for '1 Malaysia', but it is not in the way you seem to infer. With open racism and discrimination to state position, with calls to now go over more fully to Sharia law and the erosion of the democratic foundation that they inherited from the British rule upon separation 50 years ago the nation is going towards '1 Malaysia' of one very specific type...

If you had any interest in basing this discussion of facts you would not cite Jan Hjärpe.

To help you out:

Jan Östen Hjärpe (13 July 1942) is a Swedish Islamicist and a professor emeritus in Islamic studies at the Centre for Theology and Religious Studies at Lund University.

He is not a professor in terrorism, insurgency, counter-terrorism or anything around these big events. His sole interest is Islamic studies. So don't act surprised if the Pope would claim that there are no kiddie-fiddling priests in the Catholic Church etc. You get the answers depending on who you ask.

Also, why pick 2008?

Why not pick search-terms as 'world' and '2000 - 2012' ?

There is a good reason why...

• Like 2

If it's a secret how did you gain access to this information are you a secret agent?

@ AsianAdviser,

I'm curious about your comparison to the IRA situation. Was there an external connection between the IRA and an ideological or radical religious group? I think a big part of the problem here may be the connection with a radical, militant Islam that ties "true believers" with a global movement. I understand that teachers in the local Muslim schools are trained and probably radicalized in places such as Pakistan, Afghanistan, and the Middle East. They may be coming back and then making the schools recruiting grounds for more radical "true believers". Although i find your idea intriguing, it seems that the IRA parallels only go so far.

@ Khunming

You refer to parallels with an external religious/political group in my example of the IRA.

The conflict in Northern Ireland was/is a sectarian conflict between the ethnic Irish - Catholics and the Scots Irish - Protestant so there is a very religious element to the conflict based on dogma. So there are parallels in the conflict between Islam and Buddhism although I grant you that the Thai Buddhist is more the sinned against than the sinner in my humble opinion (although you would have to be careful about the role of the army in this analysis).

There was also a strong external funding community based on the Irish Catholic community in the USA which raised funds for the IRA and also exerted political pressure in Congress against what were seen as legitimate British interests in Northern Ireland. Although the IRA also established links with the Libyan Government that provided semtex that decimated physical targets in the Uk most notably London, and FARC, the revolutionary Columbian terror group rated as extreme by many intelligence agencies.

The point I was trying to make is that where you have two entrenched communities, each blaming each other for how they are being treated, conducting almost daily acts of terror and killing - you have to create a new paradigm and the only way that you can do that is through external mediation.

The real cause in the south centres around Malay identity both cultural and religious and in that respect the parallels with Northern Ireland are exactly the same.

Quote :- Pol Gen Priewpan earlier inspected damage from the blasts and fire at the hotel on Sunday. He ordered forensics experts and police commander region 9 to collect evidence to bring the culprits to justice. Unquote

They need telling to do that? Are there no proactive policemen in Thailand? Apart from collecting tea money of course. Or does the highly esteemed General just like seeing his name in the newspapers?

If this beribboned buffoon needs to say anthing to the Regional Commander it should be along the lines of how is your investigation going, do you need any additional resources, have you anything positive to report yet? Oh, I forgot. Please give me advanced warning if you arrest anybody so that I have time to get here in time to feature in the photographs that will appear in the Press and the pictures on TV.

• Like 1

I'm just wondering how it will in 2015 with all the member states of the ASEAN community. Isn't it all about traveling within these countries without a visa?

Malaysia will send their best terrorists.

Cambodia will come up with the weapons like AK 47 made in China.

Laos supplies them all with baguettes.

Vietnam will to produce real hot dogs for all, as there's no pork inside.

Myanmar will be the center of Anti terrorist logistics.

The Philippines come up with its highly qualified English teachers.

Brunei delivers oil for all tanks and other Army vehicles,

Indonesia's Bali will be the recreation center for holy Dchihaads.

Singaporeans have to keep all countries clean,

Thailand will create rain, or snow if needed,using tablets made in China. They'll furthermore built nuclear Somtham with fermented fish bombs to keep peace.

Yingluck, Thaksin's clone and clown will be the spokesman for all of them.....jap.gif

Wow GentlemanJim---------------------------7.5 million bt EACH !!!!!!!!!!!! That will make a few people happy

It will make a few happy for sure, but there will be 1000 times more people very unhappy. Wait till you see the next protests in Bangkok, there will be reds pushing their Grandmothers under buses to collect their payouts.

It is very sad concerning Hat Yai, the area that has been hit is the hub of activity in the city and it has a large muslim contingent. Seems the bombers are truly indiscriminate in whom they harm and kill. I cannot believe they are doing it in the name of God.

How do you know they did it in the name of God or anything? Too early to speculate.

Wow GentlemanJim---------------------------7.5 million bt EACH !!!!!!!!!!!! That will make a few people happy

It will make a few happy for sure, but there will be 1000 times more people very unhappy. Wait till you see the next protests in Bangkok, there will be reds pushing their Grandmothers under buses to collect their payouts.

It is very sad concerning Hat Yai, the area that has been hit is the hub of activity in the city and it has a large muslim contingent. Seems the bombers are truly indiscriminate in whom they harm and kill. I cannot believe they are doing it in the name of God.

How do you know they did it in the name of God or anything? Too early to speculate.

Yeah quite correct its a bit too early to speculate ,but the law of averages would say the normal cry before the Semtex is detonated is "Alluha Akbar" so therefore its in the name of "their" god for whatever stupid reason they can think of, of course if you can furnish me details whereby the majority of acts of terrorism against ("proven" and I do mean proven) non combatants are not performed by Muslims then by all means be my guest. Edited by Colin Yai