Re:Good Optometrist In Maha Slakham

PaYaiLen

Anyone have a good experience getting an eye exam and new glasses in Maha SalaThanks for any helpkham. I see several locations but I have no idea

if they give a thorough exam and a fair price. Thanks for any help.

Just got new glasses last week. First went to one of the many the shops where the staff all ware tight fitting lavender uniforms. 5 min exam then picked out frames. When presented with the bill I couldn't stop laughing, even wife told them they were crazy.

Any way if you go along the klong and turn in as going to Tesco/Lotus. The streets are 1 way in and 1 way out. On the out street about half way down there is a Thai eye doctor on the right side. It is right across the street from one of the lavender waring shops. You need to go in the morning or afternoon as he works at a hospital part of the day. i have had 2 sets done there and been happy, good exam and fair prices.

The office will be busy but they nove things along pretty quick.

Good Luck

The above suggestion looks to be worth investigating. I have had a couple of pairs of glasses made at Top Charoen (opposite Serm Thai/Tesco across the canal - the girls in the lavander outfits), but have been shocked to find the prices have gone through the roof and are similar to the UK. They do have modern equipment though - which is why the eye test doesn't take very long. I have tried some of the smaller opticians in the street to the left of Serm Thai/Tesco (the 'out' street of the one way system), but found that at that time they could not supply vari-focal lenses. The price for basic spectacles was more reasonable though.

Edited by citizen33

Yes, I know the eye doctor across from Serm Thai and he is a good guy. I have tutored his children and some of the teachers at my school have used him and they are satisfied with his service. His English isn't the best but he and his wife will be able to speak with you. His shop is right across from the lavender wearing ladies shop.