Is That It For April Fools?

folium

Apart from the relocation of the nation's capital to CM and the guy looking for wacky baccy, was that it for April Fools on TV's most talked about Forum?

The Thai News section has endless April Fool's such as

Asia's Endangered Species - the Expat

Wanted Mafia Boss Arrested in Thailand

Swedish Man arrested for Paedophilia

Thai Democrats Blocking Reconciliation

Abhisit Vows to Make Thailand ASEAN Hub

BKK a Major Channel for Smuggled Pseudoephedrine Tablets - police

Thailand to Review Nuclear Power Plan

and it just goes on and on, pages of obviously ridiculous, implausible, couldn't happen in Thailand, it's not even legal, activities and phony stories.

Could do better CM.

What was Foolish, about PM Shinawatra wanting to relocate the capital, to her home-town ? rolleyes.gif

But I agree that the competition from all those real-life threads, makes it especially hard to spot the 'official' TV AFD-thread, indeed was there one this year ?

The General-forum had a few tries, but CM-expats must be getting complacent IMO, or preparing for a new Mega-thread on pizza/burgers. sad.png Come on chaps, start planning now for next year, you know it (doesn't) makes sense, which is the whole point ! cool.png

Well there was this post on the new Dukes River Market

"I have frequented Dukes a number of times over 6 years and the service was invariable crap and got worse. Last time the owners son more or less told me to f @@@ off, having waited 20 minutes for food and only 4 people in the place. So tell me this place is worth a visit."

Doe's that qualify?

• Like 1

"I have frequented Dukes a number of times over 6 years and the service was invariable crap and got worse. Last time the owners son more or less told me to f @@@ off, having waited 20 minutes for food and only 4 people in the place. So tell me this place is worth a visit."

Doe's that qualify?

No, the best one was another April Fool attempt in the News Forum:

Thailand to Consider Staging Grand Prix in 2014 or 2015

(using jetskis, & helmets optional?)

Maybe the rumor about "enforcing traffic laws," and actually requiring Thai Police to attend a professional Police Academy was an early April Fools. I particularly like the part about vehicles giving pedestrians the right away, lol. Do you think that would ever happen in Thailand? I don't think so, lol. A pedestrian can't even safely walk down a sidewalk without some fool coming up on you from behind on a motorcycle. I've even seen the police do this. OMG!!

Maybe the rumor about "enforcing traffic laws," and actually requiring Thai Police to attend a professional Police Academy was an early April Fools. I particularly like the part about vehicles giving pedestrians the right away, lol. Do you think that would ever happen in Thailand? I don't think so, lol. A pedestrian can't even safely walk down a sidewalk without some fool coming up on you from behind on a motorcycle. I've even seen the police do this. OMG!!

Don't worry it's not just here. When I was in Townsville, Queensland last year, I seem to recall seeing some signs saying 'pedestrians give way' along the sea front area. I didn't take a lot of notice then, but this jogged my memory so I looked for something and found this. I think this is the place where I noticed confusion. I found the article and comments rather funny. http://www.townsvill...71451_news.html

Edited by uptheos

Doe's that qualify?

No, the best one was another April Fool attempt in the News Forum:

Thailand to Consider Staging Grand Prix in 2014 or 2015

(using jetskis, & helmets optional?)

But mine was in Chiang Mai on the Chiang Mai forum

Trouble is that this is Thailand. So of the most unbelievable things were true and some of the believable were false.

Understood.....a bit like living in a Salvador Dali painting.

Or a Jackson Pollock painting, pass the ketchup ! tongue.png