Help Needed To Translate Document From English To Spanish

chinook

Hello all, I have a student who is going to Peru with the AFS program. I need to translate some docs from English to Spanish, or rather, I need someone to help me. I'm in the deep South of Thailand so popping into a local translation agency is out of the question...please...can anyone help?

Do NOT rely on Google translations! They modtly turn out nonsensical.

There is a Spanish language school at Mahathun Plaza in Bangkok. Maybe google them and see if they offer translation services, then scan and email your documents to them.

I agree with you to a point as in Thai and say Japanese but Spanish is pretty much OK and not much of a problem with my Spanish friends in emails, it is easier for then to rattle out an email in Spanish.smile.png

Spanish is a very easy language to translate to english so google should be able to do quite well. Give google at least a try.

How will he know if the result is good?

;-)

Kind of risky isn't it, to translate documents with a machine (program)?

;-)

Spanish is a very easy language to translate to english so google should be able to do quite well. Give google at least a try.

I really can't agree with this statement. Even with my mediocre control of Castilliano (Northern Spain and Latin America) I find the translations very different to the conversations I have with my friends. If you are translating documents then you need to make sure there is no ambiguity. Sadly Spanish, like Italian, is not a language with a thesaurus. Curiously this makes it even harder to get right for document translations. Best done properly.