Why Farangs Suicide In Los?

approx 500,000 deaths per year.

5,000 - 6,000 of these are by suicide, just over 1%.

The topic was about Farang suicides.

Which always seems to be males. Of course men are the bigger demographic of expats here, granted. But still, havent heard of any female expat suicides (and im sure many have had their fair share of issues themselves).

Well, many of the males are 55-70 years old and can't understand why their girlfriends/wifes, some 20-30 years younger, throw them out when they have got their house, car etc. So they take the easy way out off their miseries.

Have you ever heard of a Farang woman getting involved with a 30 year younger Thai male?

Edited by Semper

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Farangs suicide in Los?

There is no definitive answer.

Some have run out of money,or been cheated out of it.

some can't see any purpose or point with their lives anymore.

Depression,left untreated,and the sense of hopelessness,that goes with it.

A terminal illness,or drastic failing health.

Lack of good friends,and being alone too much.

Just had enough of life,and suffering.

There are many reasons,and before somebody says it, No they are not all cowards,it actually takes a lot of courage,to take your own life.

Edited by metisdead
Font resized
  • Like 2

Three reasons. It's only paradise if you have money; even a little> that's gone and you have nothing. Secondly if you are going to do it, do it in a paradise. Lastly, a lot of suicides are not technically suicide unless you include the events leading up to death such as marrying bar girl.

Marrying a bar girl, then I think you mean staged suicide ;)

The number one cause of suicide's by farangs in Thailand is.........

Reading the General Forum on Thaivisa

......and believing it. violin.gif

( I'm feeling guilty now ).

Edited by metisdead
Font size reset to normal.

Why Farangs suicide in Los?

There is no definitive answer.

Some have run out of money,or been cheated out of it.

some can't see any purpose or point with their lives anymore.

Depression,left untreated,and the sense of hopelessness,that goes with it.

A terminal illness,or drastic failing health.

Lack of good friends,and being alone too much.

Just had enough of life,and suffering.

There are many reasons,and before somebody says it, No they are not all cowards,it actually takes a lot of courage,to take your own life.

That was a balanced thought through view

approx 500,000 deaths per year.

5,000 - 6,000 of these are by suicide, just over 1%.

The topic was about Farang suicides.

Which always seems to be males. Of course men are the bigger demographic of expats here, granted. But still, havent heard of any female expat suicides (and im sure many have had their fair share of issues themselves).

Well, many of the males are 55-70 years old and can't understand why their girlfriends/wifes, some 20-30 years younger, throw them out when they have got their house, car etc. So they take the easy way out off their miseries.

Have you ever heard of a Farang woman getting involved with a 30 year younger Thai male?

Heard of it and seen it a few times, yup.

Has any one thought it might just be condo fatigue ...small uninviting living conditions . noisy neighbours .bad landlords etc etc etc ...you never read/hear of a owner of a nice villa in a nice area jumping out of there ground floor window in an attempt to end it all ....it just has to be "Condo fever"

Alcohol abuse, day in day out with nothing else going on constructive in their lives no hobbies or any other interest other then getting totally blind drunk every day will lead one to jumping of the balcony in the end.

Knock the booze on the head, join a gym, eat healthy and smile a lot.

• Like 1

you never read/hear of a owner of a nice villa in a nice area jumping out of there ground floor window in an attempt to end it all"

I doubt many people attempt to end it all by jumping out of a ground floor window

Its the clever way the tie their own hands behind their back and shoot themselves multiple times in the head that amazes me.

Yes, quite odd, init. Much as with the case of the farang that committed suicide in Jomtien a few years ago. He had cleverly taped his hands behind his back and also had taped a plastic bag over his head. Quite cunning if you ask me.

As far as the OP, I don't buy it for a second. Hanging yourself while sitting down, please.

Has any one thought it might just be condo fatigue ...small uninviting living conditions . noisy neighbours .bad landlords etc etc etc ...you never read/hear of a owner of a nice villa in a nice area jumping out of there ground floor window in an attempt to end it all ....it just has to be "Condo fever"

Don't you think someone who consider a change of venue before offing themselves? Gee, I don't like where I live, I think I'll top myself. <deleted>?!?!?

I think it's because their women leave them.

Well, hear this. Perhaps they should grow some thicker skins! When it comes time and your wife shows her true colors and leaves you(they all want money trust me!), you won't feel like it's the end of the world(because it isn't). There are 30million+ women in Thailand. We're not going to run out anytime soon! Geez!

Edited by chops

All of the above plus ending up in a sh*t hole like PATTAYA

http://www.thaivisa....-do-they-do-it/

What makes you think Pattaya is a shithole?

It's a great place that offers a wide variety of whatever you want for reasonable price. There a great beaches within 20 km, and great ocean scenery from the city. There is a great little Island (koh Larn) only 40 minutes away by inexpensive ferry, and all the shopping a dining places you could ever want in a life time. The sleazy bar scene is only one tiny section of Pattaya. It's like picking the ghetto section of any great city in the world and saying that is representative of that city.

• Like 2

Ok, he havnt killed himself yet, but i know of someone who cant really afford to go out eating falang food all the time, but still do it.

His plan is to kill himself when the money has run out, rather than eating at home or eat thai food

Edited by poanoi

Anybody know some real reasons why some of these guys kill themselves? Have you known any? Otherwise it's all just speculation.

I've known one who attempted suicide, seriously injured himself in the attempt and wound up being taken back home to the UK by his brother - There after I don't know what happened.

I do know he arrived in Thailand almost immediately after getting divorced in the UK and blew the money he had left over from his marriage in a little over six months on the usual suspects, beer and a hired girlfriend. I don't think she robbed him, though I know she 'helped' him spend his money - no houses, but lots of gold and plenty of partying.

He rented a house next door to me so I saw the partying, a grown man like a kid in a candy shop and I saw him spiral into desperation when his money ran out.

My wife gave him meals, other people gave him cash - which burned a hole in is pocket until he had spent it on drink or a string of women that looked to be in a worse state than he was.

He wound up trying to poison himself, but giving himself server chemical burns.

As for the reasons he tried to top himself?

He didn't explain his actions to me, nor did I ask - It would therefore be just speculation to say what they were.

Edited by GuestHouse

Like Simone posted, why does it have to be from a hotel roof?

Bit selfish really. Attention seekers laugh.png

Posted with Thaivisa App http://apps.thaivisa.com

Well, normaly it's from a hotel balcony, (in a certain city I might add).

I have lived in Pattaya and Chiang Mai. I think there a lot more depressed people in Chiang Mai. I think they go to Pattaya to get away from the bad air, snooty women and boring night life. I think CM would have more suicides but the air gets to them naturally before they can jump.