Why Farangs Suicide In Los?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the thought of being stuck ANYWHERE near a Swiss Tourist is too much to bare, causing suicidal tendencies ... sick.gif

That is mean... we are not ALL that bad jap.gif even though have to admit some I see on here are pretty...

Three reasons. It's only paradise if you have money; even a little> that's gone and you have nothing. Secondly if you are going to do it, do it in a paradise. Lastly, a lot of suicides are not technically suicide unless you include the events leading up to death such as marrying bar girl.

Edited by Pseudolus

Maybe the thought of being stuck ANYWHERE near a Swiss Tourist is too much to bare, causing suicidal tendencies ... sick.gif

That is mean... we are not ALL that bad jap.gif even though have to admit some I see on here are pretty...

My most humble apologies to you and your kind ... unfortunately the OP is not of your kind.

Mind you ... his timing is spot on!

westerner-found-hanged-on-rooftop-of-unfinished-building-on-bang-na-trat-bangkok

It's obvious. Men jump to conclusions that life in Thailand with a beautiful young woman would be paradise. Then, without researching the country and not spending any length of time in Thailand they sell everything they own and burn all their bridges behind them before moving to Thailand. What they expected and what actually happens is so dramatically different that they can't handle their big mistake. They are actually "momma's boys" and can't handle real life.

• Like 1

It's obvious. Men jump to conclusions that life in Thailand with a beautiful young woman would be paradise. Then, without researching the country and not spending any length of time in Thailand they sell everything they own and burn all their bridges behind them before moving to Thailand. What they expected and what actually happens is so dramatically different that they can't handle their big mistake. They are actually "momma's boys" and can't handle real life.

Ian, my apologies in advance, but one of the best, unwitting opening statements ...

It's obvious. Men jump to conclusions ... thumbsup.gif

Ian, my apologies in advance, but one of the best, unwitting opening statements ...

Brilliant observation, considering that so many of these so called "suicides" happen with farangs "jumping" out of high buildings.

Why don't Poles commit suicide more often? Answer... because it's hard to commit suicide jumping out of a basement suite.

• Like 1

[

Groan..................................

UK

approx 500,000 deaths per year.

5,000 - 6,000 of these are by suicide, just over 1%.

Bearing in mind the age demographic of Brits in Thailand and the frequency of heavy drinking/chronic alcoholism when compared to the UK in general, the non-figures/anecdotal evidence for Thailand don't surprise in the least.

[

Ahh ... it was there, I took the shot ... I'm not dissapointed.

[

Ahh ... it was there, I took the shot ... I'm not dissapointed.

It was worth taking. :thumbsup:

U need money in paradise. I suspect that the lack of money would be a root cause..

Couple that with some unstable types to begin with...

But ... If there was a lack of money would be not a root (cause) .. hence no coupling to begin with.

BookMan, you are a genius ... so much material to work with.

ps ... I liked the Soi Dog ... just saying.

EDIT

I'll stop now, which will make everyone happy ... next

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Why Farangs Suicide In Los?

Heartbroken

Funds diminished

Social Security fraud (maybe)

Ex pats ripping them off of their life savings

But then we have the very suspect "suicides"!.. a death certificate of convenience!

Samaritans of Thailand

search_tab.gif

Address:
P.O. Box 63

Por Nor For Santisuk

Bangkok, Thailand
Phone:
0-2713-6793
Email:

approx 500,000 deaths per year.

5,000 - 6,000 of these are by suicide, just over 1%.

The topic was about Farang suicides.

Which always seems to be males. Of course men are the bigger demographic of expats here, granted. But still, havent heard of any female expat suicides (and im sure many have had their fair share of issues themselves).

Some guys come to Thailand not having had a good looking GF or a decent relationship throughout their lives. Some guys come here not ever having had any GF I suspect.

They pick up a drop dead gorgeous BG and have a few weeks or months of the best time of their lives. They are given the full GF experience and then for a variety of reasons that relationship ends.

The guy is distraught and he then starts thinking about what he has to go back home to. A lonely room, no GF, back to the dreary depressing life he had before.

Suicide seems like a good way out.

• Like 1

1. Lack of funds

2. Living on a british pension

3. Drop in value of GBP

4. Bad investments - monetary

5. The thought of returning to Blighty

6. Bad investments - GF ( see point 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5)

7. Spends too long each day reading TV ( see point 2 )

8. Wife told them they were joining them from UK.

9. Spurs lost ....again..again

10. Got charged 45baht for a plate of Fried rice ( Oh the shame )

• Like 2