Westerner Found Hanged On Rooftop Of Unfinished Building On Bang Na-Trat: Bangkok

webfact

Westerner found hanged on rooftop of unfinished building on Bang Na-Trat

The Nation

Bangkok: -- A westerner has been found hanged from a billboard on the rooftop of a 32-floor building which was left unfinished on the Bang Na-Trat Road, police said Monday.

Pol Capt Wallop Jamniansawat, an officer of Bang Na police station, that the man appeared to be 30 years old and carried an ATM card with M. Greenwood name.

Wallop said the man might have died two or three days before his body was found on the rooftop of the building, which used to belong to Thai Fa Group.

The man was found in a sitting position with his neck tied by a hose, which was hung from the scaffold of the billboard.

Wallop said he received a phone call at 1 am from a man claiming to be singer Annan Anwar, saying his friends went to play the "free running" game on the building and found the body.

Wallop said the building was unfinished so stairways were the only access to the rooftop.

Ekkachai Krudnak, an official of the Asset Management Corporation, said the building used to belong to Thai Fah but was seized by a bank following the 1997 economic crisis. The building has been auction off, he said.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-04-02

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

??? Another NancyDrew mystery with a story missing important details. A word to the wise, before making allegations of murder and conspiracy, wait for more details to be provided. As is customary for these events, key details are not provided.

• Like 1

saying his friends went to play the "free running" game on the building and found the body.

What does that mean?

Exactly!!! Was it "misadventure" rather than "suicide"? !!! Really hope they release some kind of half decent report (after of course a *cough* decent investigation)

• Like 1

saying his friends went to play the "free running" game on the building and found the body.

What does that mean?

Free running............................no ticket required. No brain either.

Ahh ok ive seen this..i actually find it pretty impressive albeit dangerous. However, have NEVER heard of anyone doing it with a rope tied around their neck!

• Like 1

The man was found in a sitting position with his neck tied by a hose, which was hung from the scaffold of the billboard.

Dealt with a number of hanging suicides in my younger days and this description of a suicidal hanging is somewhat out of kilter with the normal M.O.

What does that mean?

Ahh ok ive seen this..i actually find it pretty impressive albeit dangerous. However, have NEVER heard of anyone doing it with a rope tied around their neck!

Me neither.

Maybe the guy tired of the adrenalin hit he was getting from free running and decided to add an element of auto-eroticism to the mix

What does that mean?

Looks like fun. Kind of thing you do in your teens.

]In carefully reading the article, it appears the guy who found the body was doing free running when he and his friends found the body. The deceased was not doing it....

Oh..i admit to being guilty of not having read carefully enough too then. I think with it just seeming so incomprehensible in the sense of missing pieces of the puzzle, everything got jumbled up. Dont see why that should have happened though, its not like i shouldnt be used to news like that by now.....

He still had his ATM card. Maybe this was the first ACTUAL suicide in Thailand in recent history. A significant number of "suicides" in Thailand appear to be of the "assisted" variety (see Pattaya Daily News; I do concede there are some common sense issues involved).

Edited by Unkomoncents

Its actually not that uncommon to do this sitting down. Its the most common way for convicts to commit suicide in prison as there are no loops up high to hang off they use door handles. However it takes someone seriously commited/unstable to hang themselves in this manner. It is a bit suspicious, tying it onto the billboard and jumping would have broken his neck and been instant as opposed to slowly choking yourself to death. However it is still sad to see people killing themselves.

• Like 1

They could check his ATM account.

If it's empty and the last withdrawal was a recent and large one then his 'suicide' might be seen as be suspisious.

If on the other hand he has just pissed his money away over time, he wouldn't be the first one.

A nasty post has been deleted. Please exercise care in your posts. There will undoubtedly be family and friends once he is identified who may read this thread.

By the way, quite a number of years ago, I had a friend who committed suicide by hanging herself from her curtains. She was also found in a sitting position. She was quite intent on killing herself, since she had first slit her wrists, but this didn't kill her. The hanging, however, did.

I was roaming around Kelvingrove Park with a bunch of kids back in the 70's . We came across a guy who appeared to be having a dump , naked in a holly bush . Being young lads full of adventure and goodwill we started pelting the bush with stones , making runs past close by shouting " ya willy graber " and such things . Anyway we realised after a bit the bloke was dead . He was in a sort of sitting position ,tied up to the tree . We all ran away .

A nasty post has been deleted. Please exercise care in your posts. There will undoubtedly be family and friends once he is identified who may read this thread.

By the way, quite a number of years ago, I had a friend who committed suicide by hanging herself from her curtains. She was also found in a sitting position. She was quite intent on killing herself, since she had first slit her wrists, but this didn't kill her. The hanging, however, did.

How unfortunate. A number of posters here don't have the first clue about what they're talking about (people lose sight of the value of their lives in shocking ways [shotguns, poison, knives, bridges, etc]). This isn't an Agatha Christie exercise; a man is dead. RIP.

• Like 1