Toys In Thailand

thaibebop

I am wondering what kind of Toys get sold in LOS. I know this is a wide range topic to cover, but any little bit will help. Ya see, my wife says that when we move she wants to get rid of most of our childrens toys and just get new ones when we get there. Well, my wife forgot how to think like a kid and I know my daughter won't go for that. But it made me think, could we really buy the same things? I know toys are products of the current trend in child entertainment, but I also know somethings are universal and the world is a smaller place. So, can any give me idea what toys can be found in Thailand?

So, can any give me idea what toys can be found in Thailand?

same same ..n ja TBB

never been farangland..so i dont know about toy section there

in LOS .. u can find robot,car ,remote toy,model,game,doll,lego ...etc

and seem "Toys R Us " is opening (soon)

So, can any give me idea what toys can be found in Thailand?

same same ..n ja TBB

never been farangland..so i dont know about toy section there

in LOS .. u can find robot,car ,remote toy,model,game,doll,lego ...etc

and seem "Toys R Us " is opening (soon)

Are there any that you think would be unique to Thailand, that a little girl would just have too have? I can tell Yai and Da to send some cool Thai toys! :o

I think most toys are far cheaper than in the West, but also far lower quality. Obviously for many things this doesn't matter, such as dolls & teddy bears, and there are definite exceptions such as some VERY attractive wooden toys.

But often if you want Western (quality) toys that measn you're shopping at the likes of Emporium and then you're really paying top dollar.

So: Bring the expensive, high quality stuff. Don't bring cheap, heavy stuff .

Tip: Tell your kid to suggest to mum that she's perfectly fine with leaving the toys behind and buying new if mum can leave her wardrobe behind and buy new. :o

Come to think of it, what an outrageous and insane and cruel suggestion to leave toys behind!!! Relocating to a different country is hard enough as it is!!! I'd leave mum behind before leaving my girls' toys behind!

"Leave no toy behind!"

Cheers,

Chanchao

Got to think about the safety aspect as well.

Some of the toys I have seen in the shops would worry me that they have small bits that might get lodged in a nose,ear or throat.

However if they are ok for THai kids they must be ok. (hopefully)

good point ...

if i had a kid, i would follow from

1 my sense > harmful or not

2age level > at toy package it will have that labeled

3 made from safe material

4 if it is intellectual toy,that 'll be great

I think most toys are far cheaper than in the West, but also far lower quality. Obviously for many things this doesn't matter, such as dolls & teddy bears, and there are definite exceptions such as some VERY attractive wooden toys.

But often if you want Western (quality) toys that measn you're shopping at the likes of Emporium and then you're really paying top dollar.

So: Bring the expensive, high quality stuff.  Don't bring cheap, heavy stuff .

Tip: Tell your kid to suggest to mum that she's perfectly fine with leaving the toys behind and buying new if mum can leave her wardrobe behind and buy new. :DThat would bankrupt the family! :o

Come to think of it, what an outrageous and insane and cruel suggestion to leave toys behind!!!  Relocating to a different country is hard enough as it is!!!  I'd leave mum behind before leaving my girls' toys behind!

"Leave no toy behind!"

Cheers,

Chanchao

That's what I told her. If she can kick the shoes habit she's got then maybe she can suggest to our daughter that some toys need to go, but other wise....

I think she rethought here position though and even is she hasn't, she can't say no to our little girl, so she ask me to tell our child to leave toys behind and I won't do it! :D